E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > SBC's New Car - Non BMW Content.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #45
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Nice car, congrats. Very nice choice and a huge step up from the BMW 320d

For those wondering how the C63 stacks up against the N54, it's definitely a big step up from the N54.

I've come across a few in my time and the C63 will pull hard.

Stock C63 v stock N54 it's no contest. C63 wins every time.

Stock C63 v FBO N54 (14.5psi), C63 will pull every time. It's close for the first few seconds but the C63 has more horsepower. Respectable loss and still very close.

Stock C63 v FBO + Meth N54 it comes down to how much meth/boost the N54 is running. C63's trap 113-114mph stock and FBO Meth N54's trap anywhere between 114-118mph. Most of the time the FBO + Meth N54 should pull on the C63 every time, similar to the last scenario but the opposite. If the FBO + meth N54 is set up properly, it should pull hard on the C63.

That being said, the C63 needs some simple bolt-ons and it comes out on top again. It's a beast. I've driven one and was throughly impressed, but didn't expect anything less for the money and being AMG's benchmark performance car.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #46
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Nice car, congrats. Very nice choice and a huge step up from the BMW 320d

For those wondering how the C63 stacks up against the N54, it's definitely a big step up from the N54.

I've come across a few in my time and the C63 will pull hard.

Stock C63 v stock N54 it's no contest. C63 wins every time.

Stock C63 v FBO N54 (14.5psi), C63 will pull every time. It's close for the first few seconds but the C63 has more horsepower. Respectable loss and still very close.

Stock C63 v FBO + Meth N54 it comes down to how much meth/boost the N54 is running. C63's trap 113-114mph stock and FBO Meth N54's trap anywhere between 114-118mph. Most of the time the FBO + Meth N54 should pull on the C63 every time, similar to the last scenario but the opposite. If the FBO + meth N54 is set up properly, it should pull hard on the C63.

That being said, the C63 needs some simple bolt-ons and it comes out on top again. It's a beast. I've driven one and was throughly impressed, but didn't expect anything less for the money and being AMG's benchmark performance car.
So what you are trying to say Vinney is that your car > SBC's car ?

On a serious note though I have seen the numbers on a tune C63 and man they pull hard - need to mod the car SBC!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #47
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,563
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Nice car, congrats. Very nice choice and a huge step up from the BMW 320d
320d i wish man. I had a 320i haha even less power and torque.

As mentioned though I shall refrain from modding this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #48
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,563
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
need to mod the car SBC!
no
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #49
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
no
Famous last word - let us see how long you will last

Maybe you should hang around at b e n z b o o s t and see if you catch the mod bug or not ?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #50
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
So what you are trying to say Vinney is that your car > SBC's car ?

On a serious note though I have seen the numbers on a tune C63 and man they pull hard - need to mod the car SBC!
No, not at all. The C63 is an impressive car and they shouldn't be taken lightly.

The fact that it takes a FBO + Meth N54 to beat a stock C63 on a roll shows how impressive the C63 is in stock form.

After my test drive of the C63, my car felt more like a go-kart, much lighter and more nimble, had more confidence going into corners etc. That being said, I've always preferred the handling of BMW's over Mercedes. The C63 excels comfortably in all other areas. The motor is brilliant, looks bloody fantastic and is a true DD with a real backseat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
320d i wish man. I had a 320i haha even less power and torque.

As mentioned though I shall refrain from modding this one.
Either way, I'm sure it's a very nice upgrade! Enjoy

FYI, I wouldn't rule out mods entirely. The C63 motor is equally impressive as the N54 when it comes to making huge power relatively cheap. A tuned FBO C63 will be in a entirely new league, more than enough for the streets. The power isn't needed, but it's nice to know you have the option of making it a whole lot faster.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 01:13 AM   #51
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
No, not at all. The C63 is an impressive car and they shouldn't be taken lightly.

The fact that it takes a FBO + Meth N54 to beat a stock C63 on a roll shows how impressive the C63 is in stock form.

After my test drive of the C63, my car felt more like a go-kart, much lighter and more nimble, had more confidence going into corners etc. That being said, I've always preferred the handling of BMW's over Mercedes. The C63 excels comfortably in all other areas. The motor is brilliant, looks bloody fantastic and is a true DD with a real backseat.
Yeah I was making a light hearted joke Good thing you weren't like a certain other person on a recent thread that just got closed by the admin!

The C63 is definitely an awesome DD, wish I had one for a DD.

I know what you mean with the handling of the MB, I really hate my SLK steering after getting the 135i...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #52
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,563
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
No, not at all. The C63 is an impressive car and they shouldn't be taken lightly.

The fact that it takes a FBO + Meth N54 to beat a stock C63 on a roll shows how impressive the C63 is in stock form.

After my test drive of the C63, my car felt more like a go-kart, much lighter and more nimble, had more confidence going into corners etc. That being said, I've always preferred the handling of BMW's over Mercedes. The C63 excels comfortably in all other areas. The motor is brilliant, looks bloody fantastic and is a true DD with a real backseat.



Either way, I'm sure it's a very nice upgrade! Enjoy

FYI, I wouldn't rule out mods entirely. The C63 motor is equally impressive as the N54 when it comes to making huge power relatively cheap. A tuned FBO C63 will be in a entirely new league, more than enough for the streets. The power isn't needed, but it's nice to know you have the option of making it a whole lot faster.
Well my car already has Performance Kit so comes with an extra 22kw from factory with SLS forged pistons/crank and something else blah blah blah.. Have you driven the facelifted models? There have been suspension changes which make it closer to a BMW in terms of handling as well as the new MCT gearbox which does away with the torque converter. I'll be sure to write a nice review once break in is complete and I go WOT to 7200rpm for the first time. And also try out the new Race Start launch control feature
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #53
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Well my car already has Performance Kit so comes with an extra 22kw from factory with SLS forged pistons/crank and something else blah blah blah.. Have you driven the facelifted models? There have been suspension changes which make it closer to a BMW in terms of handling as well as the new MCT gearbox which does away with the torque converter. I'll be sure to write a nice review once break in is complete and I go WOT to 7200rpm for the first time. And also try out the new Race Start launch control feature
Interesting didnt know they had a few updates on the face lift - I only drove it when it first came out.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 01:40 AM   #54
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,563
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
Interesting didnt know they had a few updates on the face lift - I only drove it when it first came out.
Facelift model is miles ahead of pre-facelift. Interior design and quality is vastly superior, as mentioned suspension changes and new gearbox, and apparently the engine air intake has been revised slightly to allow for better breathing.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 01:42 AM   #55
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Facelift model is miles ahead of pre-facelift. Interior design and quality is vastly superior, as mentioned suspension changes and new gearbox, and apparently the engine air intake has been revised slightly to allow for better breathing.
Awesome - I guess I have been out of the loop with MB news

I have seen the COMMAND system on the facelift C Class and is definitely a lot better then the pre-facelift ones!

I reckon you should get that CF Air intake I link you
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #56
BMW86
Major General
Australia
138
Rep
8,958
Posts

 
Drives: 135i CLA45 AMG Ninja
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

The Performance Kit is a very nice addition, but comes at a premium price, very similar to BMW's Performance range. If you have the money and don't want to mess around with aftermarket, it's the way to go for sure. Plus you retain your warranty and will only help re-sale value.

I think you've done really well, the PPK and LSD are the 2 stand-out features. The upgraded gearbox and LSD will make a really big difference in the real world, and will set it apart from other C63's when you're in the drivers seat. What surprises me even more is that AMG never made the LSD standard on the C63 in the first place though.
__________________
BMW 135i N54
MERCEDES CLA45 AMG
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #57
robbieredknapped
Private First Class
robbieredknapped's Avatar
2
Rep
122
Posts

 
Drives: 130i M Sport, 6sp
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Respect!!!!!

Just dont wake up the neighbours..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #58
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes's Avatar
96
Rep
4,873
Posts


 
Drives: a black car
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
I'll be sure to write a nice review once break in is complete and I go WOT to 7200rpm for the first time. And also try out the new Race Start launch control feature
Shotgun.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 07:24 AM   #59
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,563
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
I reckon you should get that CF Air intake I link you
No.

Thank goodness you don't have a C63 otherwise you would get everybody modding like on 1addicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
The Performance Kit is a very nice addition, but comes at a premium price, very similar to BMW's Performance range. If you have the money and don't want to mess around with aftermarket, it's the way to go for sure. Plus you retain your warranty and will only help re-sale value.

I think you've done really well, the PPK and LSD are the 2 stand-out features. The upgraded gearbox and LSD will make a really big difference in the real world, and will set it apart from other C63's when you're in the drivers seat. What surprises me even more is that AMG never made the LSD standard on the C63 in the first place though.
General consensus seems to be that non PPK + aftermarket tune is roughly the same as just buying the car with the OE tune. Then of course you get into other performance mods like exhaust/headers etc.. But I'm not considering any of that now. The easy solution was to just go the perf kit from factory. It also adds the other cool features like red brakes/cf spoiler/steering wheel/19" wheels etc.. So there was no way I would have got a car without the performance kit.


Quote:
Originally Posted by robbieredknapped View Post
Respect!!!!!

Just dont wake up the neighbours..
Start up is.. epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
Shotgun.
k.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #60
luster
Major
20
Rep
1,096
Posts

 
Drives: e90, e88
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sydney AU, NJ US, TST HK

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
Shotgun.
+1
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #61
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
No.

Thank goodness you don't have a C63 otherwise you would get everybody modding like on 1addicts.
maybe in a few years....
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #62
sbce90
Me Boosta
sbce90's Avatar
Australia
81
Rep
5,563
Posts

 
Drives: 320i / MB C63 / VW up!
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaihaX View Post
maybe in a few years....
Which is a good benz forum anyway? MBworld I know of, but it doesn't seem to be as active as bimmerpost and the aussie section is terrible..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #63
RaihaX
Major General
RaihaX's Avatar
Australia
65
Rep
5,029
Posts

 
Drives: 08' 135i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Australia, Perth

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Which is a good benz forum anyway? MBworld I know of, but it doesn't seem to be as active as bimmerpost and the aussie section is terrible..
All the MB forums have a crap aussie presence IMO.

I use to go to MBWorld and SLKWorld.

You can also try http://*********** dot com/ which has a decent benz section.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 12:11 AM   #64
Ninjaoz
Captain
Ninjaoz's Avatar
Australia
14
Rep
928
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW X5 3.0d  [5.00]
2011 BMW 320d  [5.00]
they majority of benz owners are old farts or elderly senior citizen...doubt they'll chitchat on the internet forum..LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #65
BMJOE
Private First Class
BMJOE's Avatar
Australia
1
Rep
196
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBC View Post
Which is a good benz forum anyway? MBworld I know of, but it doesn't seem to be as active as bimmerpost and the aussie section is terrible..
your new wheels look, how do I say...........

But I got to say your bimmer(one in signature) also looks hot man. were those the standard angle eyes?
__________________
E92 335i White Angel Eyes | BMW Black Gloss Grills | CF Mirror Covers
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #66
E92325i
First Lieutenant
E92325i's Avatar
Australia
4
Rep
362
Posts

 
Drives: E92 325i
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Congratulations SBC, that is a beautiful car!
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:15 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST