Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > will these sizes work? 255/35/19 295/30/19



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Wheel offset calculator courtesy of BimmerPost.com. You may use this calculator to calculate what tire sizes you might need if you upgrade your tires, or what wheel sizes/offsets are compatible with your car.
    Current Wheel Width  inches             Current Wheel Offset  mm.
         New Wheel Width  inches                  New Wheel Offset  mm.
 
TIRE WIDTH
/
ASPECT RATIO
- WHEEL DIAMETER
ORIGINAL TIRES
/
NEW TIRES
/
Based on your stock wheel setup, your new wheel will have:
Original Tires Diameter (in.)
      New Tires Diameter (in.)
  Difference in diameter (in.)
           Percent Difference %
                     
Speedo @60mph will read: mph
Collapse/Expand the BimmerPost Wheel and Tire calculator
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
christiandflores
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW M3 E46
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW M3 E46  [0.00]
will these sizes work? 255/35/19 295/30/19

Will this setup work on an 2008 335i E90 on stock sport suspension? in the forseeable future im looking at getting Sportline CS.16 with michelin pilot super sports. would i need fender rolling? rubbing? thanks

255/35/19 front: 8.5/ET35
295/30/19 rear: 10/ET38
christiandflores is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #2
daveishi
First Lieutenant
 
daveishi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 332
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
hey! I was about to post almost the exact same thread but for an e92 on 18's. Btw I just got a set of 18" CS.16 and will be running PSS's as well, waddya know haha.

Since I don't have any valuable knowledge to lend I apologize, but I'll let you know where I find the lowest price on PSS's since I've been requesting prices from a lot of shops including one where a family member works.

good luck with your stance!
__________________
***PARTING EVERYTHING, if interested PM me*** 2012 335is | AW on Black | 6MT | 19" 313M | TCK Koni SA | Swift | CG Camber | CF Perf Lip | Recaro
daveishi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #3
christiandflores
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW M3 E46
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW M3 E46  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveishi View Post
hey! I was about to post almost the exact same thread but for an e92 on 18's. Btw I just got a set of 18" CS.16 and will be running PSS's as well, waddya know haha.

Since I don't have any valuable knowledge to lend I apologize, but I'll let you know where I find the lowest price on PSS's since I've been requesting prices from a lot of shops including one where a family member works.

good luck with your stance!
hahaha you too, i guess we will keep each other updated then. at first i was looking at VMR VB3's but then i saw how much lighter these were. ive seen these in person on an M3 E92 and they look much better then the pictures online. i found the specs on michelin's website and found these sizes to be the closest to the original tire diameter, just wider
christiandflores is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
daveishi
First Lieutenant
 
daveishi's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335is
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 332
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiandflores View Post
hahaha you too, i guess we will keep each other updated then. at first i was looking at VMR VB3's but then i saw how much lighter these were. ive seen these in person on an M3 E92 and they look much better then the pictures online. i found the specs on michelin's website and found these sizes to be the closest to the original tire diameter, just wider
Crazy! I was looking at VB3 and V710's as well. I was doing the same thing re: tire size however I'm going 18" and wanted to do a square setup for track purposes but overall the opinion was that 255 would NOT fit in the front and I didn't want to go smaller than 255 in the rear so will now need to go staggered.

Btw your e90 will have more clearance in the rear and I saw a post where someone put 285s back there but I dont recall whether he had to roll his fenders (likely). also I believe our front fitment is very similar so I'm sorry to say that 255 may not fit, might have to do 245...
__________________
***PARTING EVERYTHING, if interested PM me*** 2012 335is | AW on Black | 6MT | 19" 313M | TCK Koni SA | Swift | CG Camber | CF Perf Lip | Recaro
daveishi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
christiandflores
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW M3 E46
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 259
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 BMW M3 E46  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveishi View Post
Crazy! I was looking at VB3 and V710's as well. I was doing the same thing re: tire size however I'm going 18" and wanted to do a square setup for track purposes but overall the opinion was that 255 would NOT fit in the front and I didn't want to go smaller than 255 in the rear so will now need to go staggered.

Btw your e90 will have more clearance in the rear and I saw a post where someone put 285s back there but I dont recall whether he had to roll his fenders (likely). also I believe our front fitment is very similar so I'm sorry to say that 255 may not fit, might have to do 245...
thats a bummer, i could always experiment try fitting the stock 162's im running right at the rear towards the front, they're 8.5 with 255 and the offset is pretty close 37 vs 35. although the tire diameter would be a little different. hopefully some other people will respond soon
christiandflores is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
FCobra94
Major
 
FCobra94's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E90 335i
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MD

Posts: 1,296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveishi View Post
I'm going 18" and wanted to do a square setup for track purposes but overall the opinion was that 255 would NOT fit in the front
What makes you say that? I'm currently running 18x8.5 ET35 with 245/40/18's all the way around with no issue. Granted, this is a really tall tire (I'm on stock, non-sport suspension) and with very little camber up front (-0.20) but it fits just fine. There is very little clearance with the lower spring perch given the height of the tire, but other than that, if you get your wheel offset and camber right and use a proper ratio tire, it shouldn't be an issue to get 255 up front IMO.
FCobra94 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST