E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > F30 335i Msport - brake parts - FINALLY



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2012, 06:12 PM   #111
DallasBoosted
Captain
DallasBoosted's Avatar
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C ///M View Post
My apologies, I must misunderstand your use of the word custom.
I think what he means is, "you could call and pay a lot of money to get several different manufacturers to make them" not "various manufacturers would have them on the shelf" ...
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #112
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
e90pilot's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,110
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
I think what he means is, "you could call and pay a lot of money to get several different manufacturers to make them" not "various manufacturers would have them on the shelf" ...
Did you actually research this or are you just assuming?

And for those worried about resale value, don't worry. Any mod you put on the car will decrease it's resale value depending on who's buying unless it's a factory part that was available for your car. The average person sees mods as a sign of abuse. I didn't put stiff suspension on my car because if have kidney stones. Not only that, pads and rotors for a BBK aren't exactly cheap either even if you can get them from more than one manufacturer.
__________________
--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #113
pavo335
Banned
pavo335's Avatar
33
Rep
2,981
Posts

 
Drives: 3.5 wheeler
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90pilot View Post
Did you actually research this or are you just assuming?

And for those worried about resale value, don't worry. Any mod you put on the car will decrease it's resale value depending on who's buying unless it's a factory part that was available for your car. The average person sees mods as a sign of abuse. I didn't put stiff suspension on my car because if have kidney stones. Not only that, pads and rotors for a BBK aren't exactly cheap either even if you can get them from more than one manufacturer.


This from a chap with a 325 and a mod list longer than my arm
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #114
e90pilot
Freight Dawg
e90pilot's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
2,110
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Oakland, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post


This from a chap with a 325 and a mod list longer than my arm
Not sure what you're getting at... Like I said. It doesn't matter what mod you put on the car. It's gonna hurt resale value. My "don't worry" comment was sarcastic. Not sure what my mod list has to do with it. I also track my car and have 182,000mi on it. Trust me, I'm not worried about resale value.
__________________
--Marcelo
'06 Arctic Metallic 325i | Sport Package | 6MT | Dinan Stage III suspension | Dinan exhaust | 330i manifold swap! Click here! | Active Autowerke tune | 135i Brake Calipers | Deiselboost caliper brackets | E46 M3 front rotors
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 03:24 AM   #115
C ///M
Lieutenant
C ///M's Avatar
8
Rep
436
Posts

 
Drives: '07 X3 M-Sport
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Well, no part of your post came off as sarcastic, truly. But anyway, I guess I should clarify. I wasn't worried about resale value so-to-speak, but more along the lines of resale ability without going back to stock first. In the scenario I was visualizing (only 1 brake pad supplier), 99.9% of potential buyers want no part of that kind of hassle. And you'd only be able to sell to enthusiasts.

Until everything is finished and clarified, conjecture doesn't matter though.
__________________
Prototype 2007 Monaco E83 'X3M' | N54 Swap | Gruppe M CF CAI | VRSF CP & DPs | CXR Intercooler | ER Dual Oil Coolers | Dual 2.5" w/X-Pipe | M3 Rear Exhaust | 20" BC Forged HB05S | Michelin PSS 265 & 305 | F10 M5 & F80 M3 Brakes | KW Variant 2 | H&R Swaybars | TMS Z4M Camber Arms | Z4 Finned Diff | BMW Perf. Grills w/Tri-Color | Custom M Body Treatment | CF Trim | M Perf. Carbon Shift & Handbrake Knobs | BMW Perf. SS Pedals | M3 Dead Pedal | V1 Hardwired | Int LEDs | Umnitza Orion v4 AE
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #116
blisstik
Major
blisstik's Avatar
No_Country
21
Rep
1,335
Posts

 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California

iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Are the F30 slotted/drilled REAR rotors direct fit for E92?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #117
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Bump -- Has anyone figured out if a retrofit is possible?? And if so what do you need??
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #118
swifty
Major
23
Rep
1,295
Posts

 
Drives: FO M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: canada

iTrader: (5)

^ +1
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #119
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
84
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Bump -- Has anyone figured out if a retrofit is possible?? And if so what do you need??
HPA already sells a kit. Not all components are a direct swap. The rotors won't work as the F30 spindle is different if my memory serves me right.

http://hpashop.com/HPA-BMW-Brembo-4-...ke-Upgrade.htm
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #120
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
HPA already sells a kit. Not all components are a direct swap. The rotors won't work as the F30 spindle is different if my memory serves me right.

http://hpashop.com/HPA-BMW-Brembo-4-...ke-Upgrade.htm
Was asking about F30 Performance BBK. Fully aware that they're currently offering the Brembo Caliper Upgrade & the Racing Brake Upgrade Package.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #121
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
84
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Was asking about F30 Performance BBK. Fully aware that they're currently offering the Brembo Caliper Upgrade & the Racing Brake Upgrade Package.
Like I said, the F30 BBK is not a direct swap. The kit that HPA offers uses the same calipers as the F30 BBK, just not painted. The rotors from the F30 won't work. How much clearer do we need to say it for you?
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #122
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
Like I said, the F30 BBK is not a direct swap. The kit that HPA offers uses the same calipers as the F30 BBK, just not painted. The rotors from the F30 won't work. How much clearer do we need to say it for you?
Bro, this isn't a F30 BBK alternative. HP sells a Front Caliper Upgrade that can be paired with upgraded rotors for $1.3k (strictly the calipers). The F30 BBK is a complete Front/Rear Upgrade that includes new Rotors, Calipers + Brake Pads for $2k.

I'm not sure who pissed in your Cheerios today, but what the fuck is your deal?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #123
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
84
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Bro, this isn't a F30 BBK alternative. HP sells a Front Caliper Upgrade that can be paired with upgraded rotors for $1.3k (strictly the calipers). The F30 BBK is a complete Front/Rear Upgrade that includes new Rotors, Calipers + Brake Pads for $2k.

I'm not sure who pissed in your Cheerios today, but what the fuck is your deal?
I don't eat Cheerios or any other form of cereal for that matter. I already explained to you that the F30 BBK DOES NOT FIT on the E90 spindles. What else is there to talk about? Perhaps your brilliant mind will figure out how to retrofit the air brakes from Boeing 747 on the E90. What else is there to talk about?

If you can't comprehend this, then please, get off my thread.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #124
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
I'm sorry your mother didn't hold you more often when you were little It most of been very emotionally difficult
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #125
rwalker
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
394
Posts

 
Drives: the wheels off
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
I already explained to you that the F30 BBK DOES NOT FIT on the E90 spindles.
That seems to be contradicted by this post:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=147
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #126
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
84
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
^^ Now that's weird. The rotor hats are different on E90 and F30, if my memory serves me right.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #127
rwalker
First Lieutenant
United_States
4
Rep
394
Posts

 
Drives: the wheels off
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
^^ Now that's weird. The rotor hats are different on E90 and F30, if my memory serves me right.
where did you get that info?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:54 PM   #128
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]


Best part about that post, is it's ~2 weeks old and in the HPA Brembo thread you referenced
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #129
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
84
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
where did you get that info?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=45

My bad, the hub and the spindle are different. Whether the rotor hats are different remains to be discovered.

I REALLY want this to work for the E90. I'll be one of the first to purchase the whole kit if is a direct bolt on.

On the side note, I read that for the F30, they actually reflash the car with new DSC logic which takes into account the extra stopping power.
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #130
benzy89
Banned
United_States
28
Rep
2,396
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
On the side note, I read that for the F30, they actually reflash the car with new DSC logic which takes into account the extra stopping power.
OMG!! I FUCKING SAID THIS IN THIS THREAD ALREADY

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
So I looked up the price of the M Performance BBK & it's 2k -- SO price-wise it falls between a caliper upgrade & a BBK. The nice thing about the M Performance BBK is it's for both axles.
http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

My only compatibility question is it says on the Tischer Description that
Quote:
A DSC retrofit encoding must be performed via ISTA/P after installation of the BMW M Performance sports brake system.
I assume that the coding is possible even though this kit was designed for the F30, not the E90?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
How much clearer do we need to say it for you?

Last edited by benzy89; 11-09-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #131
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
vasillalov's Avatar
Bulgaria
84
Rep
4,196
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [4.00]
__________________
Equal Opportunity Harasser!
6MT | COBB | AR | AE | Forge DV | HPF | P3 Gauge | Hybrid Intake | O.S.Giken TCD | All M3 bits | TCKLine | StopTech
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #132
DallasBoosted
Captain
DallasBoosted's Avatar
11
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Dallas

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasillalov View Post
I don't eat Cheerios or any other form of cereal for that matter. I already explained to you that the F30 BBK DOES NOT FIT on the E90 spindles. What else is there to talk about? Perhaps your brilliant mind will figure out how to retrofit the air brakes from Boeing 747 on the E90. What else is there to talk about?

If you can't comprehend this, then please, get off my thread.
You should probably not make such definitive, declarative statements like this unless you've tried it yourself, seen it tried, or have some other no-nonsense knowledge about the subject. Or, you know, read the other threads in this forum dealing with this very topic where the retrofit has been attempted and was successful, at least for the guy in Germany. Whichever...
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:35 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST