E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Which Procede maps ?

04-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #1
uuni
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabrio

Which Procede maps ?

I have, probably the original, Procede bought back in 2007 with upgrade harness (V3) bought in 2008. Which maps are correct one for my unit? I am not sure which "Rev" mine is, probably 1(?), so I am unable to download right maps. Also is there a Map 0 aka Valet mode maps available or can it be chosen in some other way?

The (Procede) software connects to my Procede (via usb run through firewall into cabin) but as said I am not sure which maps to use?
AW, Coral red, Piano Black,Aero lip, M-sport (except front), M6 reps, M3 lip, interior "xenon" kit, Aluminium Pedals,H&R swaybars, KW V2, Quiafe LSD, OEM Strut Brace, BMS DCI, DIY Air Scoops i-tech BT handsfree,Braille battery (-20kg), Supersprint/Borla exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 08:19 AM   #2
suprchrgd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

throw away and purchase MHD...
      04-18-2016, 08:55 AM   #3
DailyN54
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi, 08 335i

Depends on your mods. I would just call Proceed tuning. Your just going to get flamed on here by the haters.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #4
uuni
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

My mods are: BMS DCI, DIY Air Scoops and Downpipes. Can't call them as I live Europe so expensive and time difference. I did send email, but I was under impression that the shop is no longer operational so I figured that they won't answer.

I have been out of the game for while so I wasn't aware of the MHD flash, seems to be interesting. Few question: 1. Will MHD produce same (similar) power upgrade as Procede? 2. How about o2 sim as I have BMS o2 sim attached to the Procede will MHD take care of that?
AW, Coral red, Piano Black,Aero lip, M-sport (except front), M6 reps, M3 lip, interior "xenon" kit, Aluminium Pedals,H&R swaybars, KW V2, Quiafe LSD, OEM Strut Brace, BMS DCI, DIY Air Scoops i-tech BT handsfree,Braille battery (-20kg), Supersprint/Borla exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Sered
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuni View Post
My mods are: BMS DCI, DIY Air Scoops and Downpipes. Can't call them as I live Europe so expensive and time difference. I did send email, but I was under impression that the shop is no longer operational so I figured that they won't answer.

I have been out of the game for while so I wasn't aware of the MHD flash, seems to be interesting. Few question: 1. Will MHD produce same (similar) power upgrade as Procede? 2. How about o2 sim as I have BMS o2 sim attached to the Procede will MHD take care of that?
1) It can make more
2) You don't need an O2 sim anymore
      04-18-2016, 11:57 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

If you can get in touch with them they may be able to help but otherwise you need to download the firmware and maps off their site.

If they aren't compatible with your version of procede I believe you are out of luck.

The PROcede (halltech) is actually a great piggyback. It's unfortunate it's not pushed any longer as it was very capable for a piggy.

What octane do you have in Finland? You can probably get away with Map 2.

|HPB LED Angel Eyes| |VTT| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Shifteck| |Injen|Coding / PPK / Alpina
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 12:46 PM   #7
uuni
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
1) It can make more
2) You don't need an O2 sim anymore
Sounds good is there any drawbacks with this flash?

Quote:
What octane do you have in Finland? You can probably get away with Map 2.
We have 95 and 98 octanes but I believe there is some difference how these are reported compared to the USA ? Generally our gas is very high quality.

I do have some old maps lying in my computer the folder is v3 11-2 and maps are stg 1 6At.info/pcd also stg 2 and 3 are available. I am pretty sure I have one of those installed in my Procede now, but can't be sure. Mainly I am looking to have a Valet mode activated as I would like to do the Alpina Transmission Flash and the DIY states that Valet mode needs to be activated.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 09:43 PM   #8
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sounds good is there any drawbacks with this flash?

We have 95 and 98 octanes but I believe there is some difference how these are reported compared to the USA ? Generally our gas is very high quality.

I do have some old maps lying in my computer the folder is v3 11-2 and maps are stg 1 6At.info/pcd also stg 2 and 3 are available. I am pretty sure I have one of those installed in my Procede now, but can't be sure. Mainly I am looking to have a Valet mode activated as I would like to do the Alpina Transmission Flash and the DIY states that Valet mode needs to be activated.
I believe your 98 is = to our 93 octane.

So you can run Map 2 with your mods.

As far as valet mode. I'm not sure. Might be easier to just uninstall if you really want the alpina flash.

Does PROcede have a map 0 pass through? It's been so long since I've used it. I'm starting to forget.

|HPB LED Angel Eyes| |VTT| |KW| |Spec| |ST Coilovers| |Koni| |Bilstein| |Borla| |Magnaflow| |AFE| |Shifteck| |Injen|Coding / PPK / Alpina
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2016, 10:15 PM   #9
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
I believe your 98 is = to our 93 octane.

So you can run Map 2 with your mods.

As far as valet mode. I'm not sure. Might be easier to just uninstall if you really want the alpina flash.

Does PROcede have a map 0 pass through? It's been so long since I've used it. I'm starting to forget.
I can datalog with the MHD logging module while in map 0, so Procede is not using the Canbus.

But I have an eeky feeling it still controls the wastegates even in map 0. Is that even possible without using the Canbus?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 02:42 AM   #10
uuni
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

As I am looking for easy solution and maintenance it seems that the best way to go is to take out the Procede and then flash the Alpina in and then the MHD flash.

Few more question did arise. I tested my physical cable which I have used with BMWhat/Carly and it connects with MHD free app and I was able to read and clear codes. So I can probably assume that it works also with flashing?
Am I right that I need to purchase Flasher module for $99 and MHD maps for $49 and then I am set for “life”? So I don't have to tinker with the maps and they provide same (or more) power as Procede?

Are there any known issues regarding the flash that have not sorted out? My car is build 9/2007. Again I am looking solution that is a hassle free as possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #11
engineer73
Mechanical Engineer P.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 2009 e93

That is correct, if your cable is working with the app you are good to go. And yes you need to get the $99 module and the $49 for each map and you are set for life. Just remember to use a battery charger on 10 amps while flashing.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2016, 08:20 AM   #12
engineer73
Mechanical Engineer P.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 2009 e93

Are there any known issues regarding the flash that have not sorted out? My car is build 9/2007.

Mine has been installed for around 3 month now and I ran into no issues at all. Just make sure to follow the instructions like, don't open doors during flash, have charger set up prior to flash, have Android device on airplane mode before you start flash and so on. Also if your plugs have a few thousand miles on them it would be a good idea to change them too or you could get a misfire on certain cylinders. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:32 AM   #13
uuni
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Thank you for your input. Seems like that the MHD is the way to go!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #14
twinturbopg
How you like them apples?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Don't mean to thread jack, but can you get ahold of anybody at Vishnu tuning for the PROcede? I noticed they aren't responding via email for the past 2-3weeks and their phone number on the website is disconnected!
      04-21-2016, 12:28 PM   #15
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Vishnu wrapped up that sector and is now strictly Open Flash performance. I dont think they are really handling any customer service issues with the PROcede any longer, unfortunately.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #16
TGNY 335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Quote:

The PROcede (halltech) is actually a great piggyback. It's unfortunate it's not pushed any longer as it was very capable for a piggy.
from what I've seen it was typical Fanboy/Mob mentality that caused it looking back at all the posts from back in the day. could be wrong.
      04-21-2016, 01:07 PM   #17
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGNY 335 View Post
from what I've seen it was typical Fanboy/Mob mentality that caused it looking back at all the posts from back in the day. could be wrong.
I've been here since 08. A lot of this platform and their movements come from the community. A lot of the time it's fanboism as I like to call it that sways the platform one way or another with products.

Truth be told, PROcede was the best and most capable piggyback on this platform. It will run circles around any other piggyback if put in the right hands and worked to it's full extent.

Some people didn't like how Shiv came across. Kind of the same thing that's happening to other Turbo manufacturers and such. I warn folks here and there to take it easy on the people that push this platform.

Everyone is quick to throw out their .02 and then hop on a bandwagon and regurgitate false truths and whatnot.

We've had many companies come and go and the majority was because of how the community handled their entry or their help.

I follow a lot of other platforms and work with manufacturers. They all say the BMW market is one of the toughest. That being said, it could be 1 of a few reasons Vishnu stepped away and went on to work with the OFT and a new platform. I don't want to speak for him and his decision but I'd imagine that had a little to do with it when it came down to the community.

He was one of the pioneers in this platform with the PROcede and he pushed the platform very far. We should all remember that. Not to mention a lot of newer guys don't know the history of how this platform came about.

The 2008-2010 Era of tuner wars, JB3/Jb4 and introduction of Cobb was quite a time for this platform. Today it's still growing but we also lost some good manufacturers and guys interested in putting R&D into the platform.

Sorry for the rant but as you can tell I've seen a lot of this stuff since I've been here and there is even more that goes on in the background that some guys don't even know.

Appreciate 0
      04-21-2016, 04:09 PM   #18
TGNY 335
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Quote:
I've been here since 08. A lot of this platform and their movements come from the community. A lot of the time it's fanboism as I like to call it that sways the platform one way or another with products.

Truth be told, PROcede was the best and most capable piggyback on this platform. It will run circles around any other piggyback if put in the right hands and worked to it's full extent.

Some people didn't like how Shiv came across. Kind of the same thing that's happening to other Turbo manufacturers and such. I warn folks here and there to take it easy on the people that push this platform.

Everyone is quick to throw out their .02 and then hop on a bandwagon and regurgitate false truths and whatnot.

We've had many companies come and go and the majority was because of how the community handled their entry or their help.

I follow a lot of other platforms and work with manufacturers. They all say the BMW market is one of the toughest. That being said, it could be 1 of a few reasons Vishnu stepped away and went on to work with the OFT and a new platform. I don't want to speak for him and his decision but I'd imagine that had a little to do with it when it came down to the community.

He was one of the pioneers in this platform with the PROcede and he pushed the platform very far. We should all remember that. Not to mention a lot of newer guys don't know the history of how this platform came about.

The 2008-2010 Era of tuner wars, JB3/Jb4 and introduction of Cobb was quite a time for this platform. Today it's still growing but we also lost some good manufacturers and guys interested in putting R&D into the platform.

Sorry for the rant but as you can tell I've seen a lot of this stuff since I've been here and there is even more that goes on in the background that some guys don't even know.

haha, yea. pretty much exactly what I have seen in my time on the boards. this platform for whatever reason treats anyone with a fairly recent Join date, like they are newbies or don't know anything. not even knowing peoples backgrounds and etc.
      04-22-2016, 12:13 AM   #19
uuni
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbopg View Post
Don't mean to thread jack, but can you get ahold of anybody at Vishnu tuning for the PROcede? I noticed they aren't responding via email for the past 2-3weeks and their phone number on the website is disconnected!
No have not been able to get a response from them.

About Procede I was happy with their tune and customer service did not see any problems there. Also have to agree with "Jeff@TopGearSolutions" for the extend that I am aware of things. I thought Vishnu had many first in this sector piggyback, cleaning codes with it etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 10:54 AM   #20
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No have not been able to get a response from them.

About Procede I was happy with their tune and customer service did not see any problems there. Also have to agree with "Jeff@TopGearSolutions" for the extend that I am aware of things. I thought Vishnu had many first in this sector piggyback, cleaning codes with it etc.
That's pretty much correct.

Have you tried emailing them at Open Flash Performance? Worth a shot.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 02:51 PM   #21
twinturbopg
How you like them apples?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I've been off the forums for awhile...took a break. I didn't know they ended it like that. Damn that's unfortunate.
      04-23-2016, 09:50 PM   #22
uuni
Second Lieutenant
Finland
Rep

Quote:
That's pretty much correct.

Have you tried emailing them at Open Flash Performance? Worth a shot.
No I have not. I think going for MHD will all in all be the easiest solution and not that expensive.
Appreciate 0