E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > coding tpms psi readout....possible?

06-17-2014, 02:19 PM   #1
WRichieX
Captain

Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
coding tpms psi readout....possible?

So is this even possible? On a bunch of "what can I code" threads, this feature is mentioned a bunch of times but when asked how to do it, or asked for a pic, no one responds. I'm starting to think people are trolling about this feature lol. Is this even possible? If it is, only on newer tpms? What do you need to change to get this work?

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
WRichieX is offline   United_States
      06-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Sensible_
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2008 E90

I can't imagine this is possible. I thought TPMS just monitored the wheel revolutions and is pinged when there is an irregularity with one of the wheels indicating a pressure problem...I didn't think it actually monitored the pressure. Maybe I'm getting confused though? lol
      06-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
terahertz
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2010 E90 M3

I've been looking into this a bit because I wanted this as well. On the American cars, we have real TPMS in each wheel/tire, not just the RPM thing. The thing to code is RDC_SAFETY in the CIC, which is present on E9x, but doesn't really do anything. It seems it only works on F series.

That's the conclusion I've come to. There is a possibility that you may have to turn something on in the RDC module as well, but I actually haven't looked into that.
terahertz is offline   United_States
      06-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
wildcatcrazy
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
You need to remove the VO (code the car), disconnect the TPMS module (in the trunk), and pull the fuse (if you don't have idrive). You might get away from pulling the fuse, but the other two items need to be done.
Mods: Vishnu Stage 0 DME Flash, AA charge pipe w/ BOV, Alpina B3 Flash, retrofit M3 cluster, smoke LED side markers, painted front reflectors, black kidney grills, LED AEs and all LED interior/rear lights, fully coded.
wildcatcrazy is offline   United_States
      06-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #5
jwzimm
Captain

Drives: '11 335i X-drive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy View Post
You need to remove the VO (code the car), disconnect the TPMS module (in the trunk), and pull the fuse (if you don't have idrive). You might get away from pulling the fuse, but the other two items need to be done.
He is not trying to code out the TPMS, he is trying to get the pressure and temperature readouts to appear in iDrive like the newer cars can. I have tried this and it doesn't work in the e9x platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locketstate19 View Post
Spammer. Reported.
      06-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #6
wildcatcrazy
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 335i M Sport

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatcrazy View Post
He is not trying to code out the TPMS, he is trying to get the pressure and temperature readouts to appear in iDrive like the newer cars can. I have tried this and it doesn't work in the e9x platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locketstate19 View Post
Spammer. Reported.
My apologies. Misunderstood the question.
Mods: Vishnu Stage 0 DME Flash, AA charge pipe w/ BOV, Alpina B3 Flash, retrofit M3 cluster, smoke LED side markers, painted front reflectors, black kidney grills, LED AEs and all LED interior/rear lights, fully coded.
wildcatcrazy is offline   United_States