E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E92 Corner Orange Running Light Delete Done! Video



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #23
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Nice write up Alex! I would be doing this now, but its raining outside. Hopefully i'll have time to do it tomorrow.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 03:27 AM   #24
DA420T
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Phila, PA

Posts: 15
iTrader: (0)

So bare with me here, but I'm a little confused. I have an E90. If I leave the front side markers alone completely, leave the orange corner blinker bulb and led alone, and just make the orange part of the headlight cover clear is that illegal? When my turn signal is on it would still flash orange.

Thanks
DA420T is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 10:20 AM   #25
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA420T View Post
So bare with me here, but I'm a little confused. I have an E90. If I leave the front side markers alone completely, leave the orange corner blinker bulb and led alone, and just make the orange part of the headlight cover clear is that illegal? When my turn signal is on it would still flash orange.

Thanks
Technically, if you have a clear refectors in your headlights (E90 euro headlights), they are illegal, no matter what amber bulb you have as a turn signal. US DOT law says that you need to have some type of amber reflector on the front of your car. That is why the E92 needs to have an amber reflector on the bumper since the headlights are clear. With that said, I have had clear headlights and/or painted reflectors on the front of all of my cars and I have never had a problem with law enforcement or inspections, I don't think they notice or care to be honest.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 10:32 AM   #26
BoostedBMW
Moderator
 
BoostedBMW's Avatar
 
Drives: TiAg E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC

Posts: 6,787
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
I just went outside to do this and then I realized that I had no LED load equalizers. I just ordered them from superlumination, hopefully they will get here in a few days.
__________________
-Michael.
Berlina Black S2000 CR is now in the garage

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
BoostedBMW is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 10:48 AM   #27
ksfrogman
Major General
 
ksfrogman's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 6,751
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ksfrogman
Awesome job.
__________________
ksfrogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 02:13 PM   #28
lovemyBimmer
Captain
 
lovemyBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riverside, CA

Posts: 675
iTrader: (5)

good write up!
lovemyBimmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 06:24 PM   #29
money99
Banned
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ca

Posts: 402
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to money99 Send a message via Yahoo to money99
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwoo19 View Post
Firstly, most of your posts lack quality. They neither contribute to the discussion nor generate new ideas for discussion. Secondly, is there a reason why you have to speak in "gangsta" all the time? Go take some English classes, 'yo.

OP: Nice post and cool video! If you could post a DIY vid that would be great.

whats wrong with you guys seriously some of you really need to get off the hater wagon. Alex finally came up with a solution and all some of you can do is bash and critic his post. you know what if you can do it better then show us dont just critic other peoples post. You just make yourself look stupid and arrogant. Alex nice post man I APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS.
money99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 06:33 PM   #30
alex310
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles/Westwood

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to alex310
Quote:
Originally Posted by money99 View Post
whats wrong with you guys seriously some of you really need to get off the hater wagon. Alex finally came up with a solution and all some of you can do is bash and critic his post. you know what if you can do it better then show us dont just critic other peoples post. You just make yourself look stupid and arrogant. Alex nice post man I APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORTS.
Thank you very much money99. I think johnwoo19 was backing me up and talking about AviD. hehe
alex310 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 06:37 PM   #31
alex310
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles/Westwood

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to alex310
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedBMW View Post
Technically, if you have a clear refectors in your headlights (E90 euro headlights), they are illegal, no matter what amber bulb you have as a turn signal. US DOT law says that you need to have some type of amber reflector on the front of your car. That is why the E92 needs to have an amber reflector on the bumper since the headlights are clear. With that said, I have had clear headlights and/or painted reflectors on the front of all of my cars and I have never had a problem with law enforcement or inspections, I don't think they notice or care to be honest.
Yeah, I never been pulled over before, I'm just giving everyone a heads up to know there is a chance. Just like there is a chance you might win the lottery and become a over night millioner.
alex310 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #32
money99
Banned
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ca

Posts: 402
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to money99 Send a message via Yahoo to money99
oh sorry sorry jonney that was directed to avid.
money99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #33
TiAg335i
Trance Life
 
TiAg335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 4,711
iTrader: (4)

To the OP: How old are you? I am just guessing by your voice you are maybe 16-21 years old. Just curious, really. BTW, if you don't wanna answer this you don't have to.
TiAg335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 02:13 AM   #34
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,279
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
If only i had the balls to do this . It looks great. Thanks for the posting the DIY.

On and i love how AviD is talking sh*t when he can't do anything himself. He posted a thread in Cali section saying he'll pay someone to swap his angel eye bulbs. He bags on the OP saying this is dumb yet can't manage to swap 2 bulbs.
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 04:56 AM   #35
alex310
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles/Westwood

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to alex310
*Update guys, just did the mod on a 328 Coupe, same setup, same diagram! E92 328 Coupe guys you guys are READY TO GO! Only thing with the 328 is the big air box blocking where I put the resistor at on the 335, but there is many other spots for it!
alex310 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #36
stooken
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E92 BSM 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NOR*CAL

Posts: 4,248
iTrader: (2)

Subscribed! Thanks.
__________________
2010 E92 BSM 335i | M-Sport | ST Coils | Linea Corse Lemans | Cobb AP | BMS DCI | Cyba Tips
stooken is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 12:19 PM   #37
sstarch1
From Russia With Boost
 
sstarch1's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i - Vroom
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 1,078
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Awesome...thank you very much for the write up. I will try to do this with a friend later this week.
__________________
2007 BMW 335i - Delivered 9/8/06
Sparkling Grpahite with Black Leather/Aluminum Trim
Premium Package, Sports Package, Comfort Access.
sstarch1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #38
uhaulball
Brigadier General
 
Drives: e90 330xi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 4,164
iTrader: (11)

Send a message via AIM to uhaulball
hey alex310. so basically we need only the resistors for both the e92 and e90 right?: we can still use the original bulbs. even though i alraedy bought the LED and Resistors Chesmu used, i have an e90 and was wondering if i could technically use the stock bulbs and get no errors
__________________
'06 bsm e90 330xi : 18" VMR CSL : KW V3 : GruppeM Rep Intake : UUC/Corsa Catback : Hartge Lip : ACS Roof Spoiler
OEM CF Trunk Spoiler : CF Emblems. Pillars. Mirror. Grille : LUXER12 led plate : V1 Hardwired : OG.longtran e90post sticker! circa 2005
uhaulball is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 03:08 PM   #39
alex310
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles/Westwood

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to alex310
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
hey alex310. so basically we need only the resistors for both the e92 and e90 right?: we can still use the original bulbs. even though i alraedy bought the LED and Resistors Chesmu used, i have an e90 and was wondering if i could technically use the stock bulbs and get no errors
No, if I remember correctlly you have to use LED's on the e90, the e92 bulb uses much less power then the e90 bulb, that is why it is fine on the e92 but not the e90.
alex310 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #40
money99
Banned
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ca

Posts: 402
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to money99 Send a message via Yahoo to money99
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex310 View Post
*Update guys, just did the mod on a 328 Coupe, same setup, same diagram! E92 328 Coupe guys you guys are READY TO GO! Only thing with the 328 is the big air box blocking where I put the resistor at on the 335, but there is many other spots for it!
big ups to Alex for coming down and hookin my ride up. I tried doin it myself but im just not the right guy alex was nice enough to hook me up and come down to do the install. It would have been a short process if my car wasnt dropped so much but the lights look AMAZING. THANKS AGAIN ALEX! :rocks:
money99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 03:14 PM   #41
money99
Banned
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ca

Posts: 402
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to money99 Send a message via Yahoo to money99
lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
hey alex310. so basically we need only the resistors for both the e92 and e90 right?: we can still use the original bulbs. even though i alraedy bought the LED and Resistors Chesmu used, i have an e90 and was wondering if i could technically use the stock bulbs and get no errors
i have the led lights if you wanna buy them i got them from jlevi but they dont fit the e92. i paid $50 for them ill give them to you for $40.
money99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #42
alex310
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 335I Coupe/M3 Sedan
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Los Angeles/Westwood

Posts: 556
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to alex310
Quote:
Originally Posted by money99 View Post
big ups to Alex for coming down and hookin my ride up. I tried doin it myself but im just not the right guy alex was nice enough to hook me up and come down to do the install. It would have been a short process if my car wasnt dropped so much but the lights look AMAZING. THANKS AGAIN ALEX! :rocks:
No problem man, great to meet you. If you read up tho, I think he already has the LED's. hehe once again you skip'ed reading it all!
alex310 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #43
money99
Banned
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ca

Posts: 402
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to money99 Send a message via Yahoo to money99
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex310 View Post
No problem man, great to meet you. If you read up tho, I think he already has the LED's. hehe once again you skip'ed reading it all!
does it surprise you lol just look at the way i keep up with my car lol
money99 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #44
NVM3NYC
First Lieutenant
 
NVM3NYC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 M3
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 358
iTrader: (1)

well it worked for about 2 days.. and now the driver side headlight died on me... anyone think it is related?
NVM3NYC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST