E90Post
 


Scorpp Design
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Anyone has experience with purchasing from car gym?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
edan82
New Member
 
edan82's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 325
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hong kong

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Anyone has experience with purchasing from car gym?

Hi guys,

As my car has aftermarket HID lights but my headlights equipped with regular reflectors I would like to purchase new projector headlights with angel lights.

In addition, I would like to update my rear end look with M style LED taillights (red and smoke).

I checked some overseas websites and find those products but main problem is that shipping those products to HK will cost a lot- over 150$ for parts worths about 600$.

I noticed Car Gym (www.cargym.com) got those parts and although they sell those parts slightly more expensive than overseas I don't need to pay for delivery so it will still be cheaper to buy from them.

My main concern is they're product quality, I'm afraid after several month water will enter the headlights, electric problems etc'.

All website using same product images so it's difficult to tell anything from that.

Does anyone here have experience with car gym and can tell me if it was good experience, if he had any problems with them or with the products.

Thank you!
edan82 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
Harriz.c
First Lieutenant
 
Harriz.c's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hong kong

Posts: 342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW m3  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Harriz.c
I bought my angel eye headlights from there... They have a 1 year warranty... And it's been working fine till now. But then I bought tail lights from them... And it was bad quality lol so it's a so-so la...
Harriz.c is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #3
edan82
New Member
 
edan82's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 325
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hong kong

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Regarding the rear lights, can you tell me what was the problem of them?

Thank you.

Any other opinions?
edan82 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      02-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Harriz.c
First Lieutenant
 
Harriz.c's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hong kong

Posts: 342
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 BMW m3  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to Harriz.c
Quote:
Originally Posted by edan82
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Regarding the rear lights, can you tell me what was the problem of them?

Thank you.

Any other opinions?
Didn't fit properly and no way to go round it...
Harriz.c is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #5
rmahawaii
Private
 
Drives: 325Ci
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

We have many Ching bought stuffs from cargym from this forum already. price is okay, so far so good!!!
rmahawaii is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
edan82
New Member
 
edan82's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 325
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hong kong

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the info,

I just bought the LED tails And installed it already- perfect fit and work just fine (it looks awesome!).
at same time I also ordered the projector heads with CCFL angels.
edan82 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      03-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #7
Trashken
Private
 
Drives: 2005 E90 330i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 60
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 330i E90  [0.00]
Is the M-Tech kit sold by Car-gym any good?

http://www.cargym.com/bmw-e90-sedan-...ht-p-2371.html
Trashken is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
Lio Madrig
New Member
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edan82 View Post
Hi guys,

As my car has aftermarket HID lights but my headlights equipped with regular reflectors I would like to purchase new projector headlights with angel lights.

In addition, I would like to update my rear end look with M style LED taillights (red and smoke).

I checked some overseas websites and find those products but main problem is that shipping those products to HK will cost a lot- over 150$ for parts worths about 600$.

I noticed Car Gym (www.cargym.com) got those parts and although they sell those parts slightly more expensive than overseas I don't need to pay for delivery so it will still be cheaper to buy from them.

My main concern is they're product quality, I'm afraid after several month water will enter the headlights, electric problems etc'.

All website using same product images so it's difficult to tell anything from that.

Does anyone here have experience with car gym and can tell me if it was good experience, if he had any problems with them or with the products.

Thank you!
Yes Terrible service and the lights I received did not fit. After I returned, he sent back one that does not function. I sent back again and never heard from Ronno Ma again. Cargym is one of those companies who does not value customer reputation as long as he can get away with few hundred dollars.
Cargym does bad transactions !
Lio Madrig is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #9
scflaw
Lieutenant
 
Drives: E93 3'r
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG

Posts: 482
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashken View Post
Is the M-Tech kit sold by Car-gym any good?

http://www.cargym.com/bmw-e90-sedan-...ht-p-2371.html
I went there to check on the m tech kit. He has no idea if it'll fit or not without modifications, he'll claim that its 100% fitment but once you start asking him in depth questions like, will i need an air duct or will this cause the car to overheat. He'll just say "body shop will know what to do". Speaking of which, i got a paint job at his referred body shop. Car came out with swirls on the hood and it had filler on the edges. Also one of my headlight washer caps is broken (tab that keeps it in place). Got back the car and the interior had filler on the dash like if the C Fu went in with dirty hands... Detailed the car right after, couldnt' stand it. For my bmw brethren that loves their bmw's, don't goto that body shop or cargym. Just multiple layers of disappointment and grief.
scflaw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
Lio Madrig
New Member
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: CA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scflaw View Post
I went there to check on the m tech kit. He has no idea if it'll fit or not without modifications, he'll claim that its 100% fitment but once you start asking him in depth questions like, will i need an air duct or will this cause the car to overheat. He'll just say "body shop will know what to do". Speaking of which, i got a paint job at his referred body shop. Car came out with swirls on the hood and it had filler on the edges. Also one of my headlight washer caps is broken (tab that keeps it in place). Got back the car and the interior had filler on the dash like if the C Fu went in with dirty hands... Detailed the car right after, couldnt' stand it. For my bmw brethren that loves their bmw's, don't goto that body shop or cargym. Just multiple layers of disappointment and grief.
Cargym.com and Ronno Ma is bad news. Always tries to get away with problems that they caused. NEVER USE this company.
Lio Madrig is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 03:53 AM   #11
seemebreakthis
Private
 
Drives: BMW 325i E90 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

any other shops to recommend then? Looking for bright white angel eyes...
seemebreakthis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 04:28 AM   #12
miata22
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

I ordered mine through e92-lighting.com, I heard good and bad comments about them but my personal experience with them are ok.
__________________
miata22 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 05:08 AM   #13
Soikiu
Malaysian Invasion
 
Soikiu's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 323i LCI
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 443
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by miata22 View Post
I ordered mine through e92-lighting.com, I heard good and bad comments about them but my personal experience with them are ok.
I ordered mine through them also. Good, speedy delivery.
Soikiu is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #14
E92-Lighting
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
E92-Lighting's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 LCI Msport 335i AW + CR
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Walnut CA

Posts: 24,604
iTrader: (313)

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
we ship to HK via Usps.com, it takes about ten business days roughly, if you guys have any questions, please PM or email me, thanks!!
__________________
E92-Lighting is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #15
Laguna Seca Blue
Captain
 
Laguna Seca Blue's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California

Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemebreakthis View Post
any other shops to recommend then? Looking for bright white angel eyes...
If you're interested, I'll sell you mine for $780. They're like new and ill help you install them (real pain). I used them for 2 months but they're in the original packaging. If you have questions, PM me.

Here's the link to the product:
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...es-1037-0.html
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Balloon White | Black Dakota Leather
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Laguna Seca Blue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #16
miata22
New Member
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
If you're interested, I'll sell you mine for $780. They're like new and ill help you install them (real pain). I used them for 2 months but they're in the original packaging. If you have questions, PM me.

Here's the link to the product:
http://www.e92-lighting.com/products...es-1037-0.html
May I ask what are you going to use?
__________________
miata22 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #17
Laguna Seca Blue
Captain
 
Laguna Seca Blue's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California

Posts: 813
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata22 View Post
May I ask what are you going to use?
I'm going to the states next week, so I'm most likely going to take my headlights out of my car and bring them with me so i can get the rings replaced with LED's.
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Balloon White | Black Dakota Leather
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Laguna Seca Blue is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST