E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Eurowerkz Presents [EUROFEST] 4/29/2012 at Metlife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #133
HanSolo
FK JEFF
 
HanSolo's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Manila Vanilla!

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@VAC View Post
None of the buckets in my booth won a trophy








;-)
with the work you guys do...you dont need a trophy...Repeat customers says it all...
__________________

HanSolo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 09:51 PM   #134
Nickel///MboyZ
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3-E46
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 186
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanSolo View Post
I LOL @ people that expect stuff at events like these...expecting handouts...lmao....

I guess people forgot about BIMMERSTOCK where MAC cars won awards in which MAC SPONSERS!...LMAO!!!!!
there were no awards at Bimmerstock, I woulda def be all up in there hahahha I think those were raffles if i werent mistaken.
__________________
Nickel///MboyZ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 09:58 PM   #135
HanSolo
FK JEFF
 
HanSolo's Avatar
 
Drives: your mom wild
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Manila Vanilla!

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel///MboyZ View Post
there were no awards at Bimmerstock, I woulda def be all up in there hahahha I think those were raffles if i werent mistaken.
Good thing bout Bimmerstock....it was for a good cause...much respect to MAC for that...
__________________

HanSolo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #136
Point N Shoot
Photographer
 
Point N Shoot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Left Foot & Right Foot
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 1,634
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru3Story View Post
its exotic because can you right now decide to go anywhere and buy one...no


Best ICE: Sammy Bayonne / 92 525 Touring was parked the the other end of the lot 80 yards past the vendor cars.

my cousins car....not part of any vendor or crew. and was way away the vendors and workers at the show. still got his car noted....
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
GTR is about exotic as a turbo porsche or an audi r8, the difference is you go into a nissan dealer and your normal customer is buying a titan, armada or maybe a 370z. Go into porsche/audi dealer, you'll see those cars (Turbo Porsches/R8s) -- the difference is the "normal" clientele.

Exotics IMO are your supercars: Lamborghini, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bentley, Maserati, Lotus, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, McLaren, Pagani, etc. GTR's are rare and VERY good cars, but in no way would I group them with cars from the companies I just listed.
Its a sports car, LF-A, now thats an exotic..
__________________
ENRON = We Take Your Money and Run!!!
"Never bring a Camera to a Gun Fight, You never know who you might Point n Shoot at!!!"
"Victims, arent we all?"
http://photowithart.com/
Point N Shoot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #137
Point N Shoot
Photographer
 
Point N Shoot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Left Foot & Right Foot
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Posts: 1,634
iTrader: (0)

Im going to say that this event on sunday was off the hook,
and this is coming from someone who goes to a lot of
Automotive anything through out the year..
Good job to the Vendors, Shops, Tuners, Sponsors,
Car Clubs, Friends, Wheel Companies, and everything that bonds
this all together.. A lot of automotive passion showed up that
day, and it was awesome..

I do agree on the following, Concrete categories would make
judging more civilized, because Gil is the man, and its fine to have a
Non-Euro in the show, so award it for best Non-Euro..
Don't set yourself up for it, by knowingly award with error,
You are the ones who would've complained about this, so think
from your feet about that in the future..
If 20 dollars was supposed to come with something?
Gifts, Coffee, Car Parts, etc.. Your all crazy then,
There are shows you attend, where you pay 15-30
just to exhibit, so no complaint there..
Def looking forward to next year..

I think category wise, if you have cars like the ones in that booth,
which had like a raced out BMW, you should make a separate
category, since Im sure the people didnt bring it to show for nothing,
but having it compete, against like Steves BMW, isnt fair either..

Cars from Status Motoring, Martino, Xclusiv Auto, etc.. Should have a class of its own..

And GTR is an awesome car, just cause you cant afford it, dont make it exotic.
M3 today is going for a price an R34 GTR went for then, Is that an exotic?
How about Limited Production? I think 1M is more exclusive since the ratio
of 1M to GTR is obvious..

But none the Less, Congrats to the Winners!!
__________________
ENRON = We Take Your Money and Run!!!
"Never bring a Camera to a Gun Fight, You never know who you might Point n Shoot at!!!"
"Victims, arent we all?"
http://photowithart.com/
Point N Shoot is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #138
infamous Murci
Private First Class
 
Drives: Murcielago
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bklyn

Posts: 117
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss3 View Post
Infamous i think youre forgetting to tell everyone that youre the owner of Xclusv Autosports and the owner of the white Lambo Merci that won a trophy. You and your company were also a vendor. Did you ask yourself to park your own lambo in your own booth? and that multiple cars that youre affiliated with won. Last year you and your little enterouge (euro.technics) were going around saying that Eurofest showed sponsors no love. Out of no where you and your Eurotechnics crew deleted those posts and signed up as sponsors for this year. If you talked about last years event being crap and not showing sponsors love, explain to us why you signed up this year? Tell us the truth, were you promised trophies in exchange to keep your mouth shut about whatever happened last year? Its kinda funny if you put the pieces together. Anyway congrats to you, your shop, and your car club on winning trophies. The cars that won are nice but I think other cars should have been recognized as well. For example: mean green couldnt win a mild trophy? I would take an activ autowerk sc e92 m3 with a full custom paint job over a e46 laguna seca blue active sc'd (euro.technics car) any day.
Yes my Lambo won a trophy for 3rd place Exotic. If you were there when it was called out I didn't even want the trophy bc I don't think my car should have even been judged in the competition nor did I know it was judged.

I have never deleted a post I made about last years show. I actually didn't even attend last years show personally. So to say I was going around saying anything is false.

I think the turnout for this show was amazing. Are there things I would have done differently. 100%. I was not the host or the organizer of the event so its not my call. I think there were plenty of cars there that should have definitely won trophies, but again thats not my call.
infamous Murci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #139
_shim
Major General
 
Drives: an e90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 718

Posts: 6,349
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
Thats a joke. So if i couldn't afford to walk into a honda dealership and purchase/order a accord it now qualifies as an exotic? Get real. While it is one of the best bang for your buck cars it is in no way an exotic.

Second of all it was a european event. How do you give a trophy to a non euro car exotic or not?

Also fyi if i wanted to i could have bought a gtr.
Price, exclusivity, and market, are some of the factors that make a car an "exotic," in my opinion. Sure, a GT-R isn't a car that you can walk in and drive out on the same day, but it's definitely not an exotic - it's more of a.. luxury sportscar, if anything, lol. It's priced very well for what it is, and it's definitely an awesome fuckin' car, but it doesn't have the history and status that "real" exotic cars have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Point N Shoot View Post
Im going to say that this event on sunday was off the hook,
and this is coming from someone who goes to a lot of
Automotive anything through out the year..
Good job to the Vendors, Shops, Tuners, Sponsors,
Car Clubs, Friends, Wheel Companies, and everything that bonds
this all together.. A lot of automotive passion showed up that
day, and it was awesome..

...

But none the Less, Congrats to the Winners!!
Very well said. If anything, create a one or two new categories! It wouldn't hurt to have a BEST NON-EURO or something, as I'm sure there were many non-euro cars present. It also wouldn't hurt to have a vendor's category or something, so that shops could get their recognition, while the individual people who've put their precious, hard-earned time and money into their own cars. Just my two cents.
__________________
_shim is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 11:32 PM   #140
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
 
1sikbmr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York

Posts: 3,277
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liilpa09 View Post
Thank you everyone for making it out!
I'm shocked by some of the replies on here, especially based on the positive responses we've gotten on every other forum this was posted on...I'm sorry that some peole were dissapointed in the bags we handed out when people came in but you have to realize this is a non-profit event. Should we have put up more money to have "better" bags instead of being able to give over $10k to the two charities we gave proceeds to? What would you have wanted in there so we can know for next year?
I was one of the judges along with M-Crazy and we went through the entire parking lot looking for the winning cars. Every row was gone through. If you thought you should have won I'm sorry, we can not please everyone. Most winning cars did not come from the vendor section as mentioned above. Next year we will be giving out more trohies.
Thank you for the comments though we will take them into consideration for next year. And also I'm not sure why people are taking so much offense to the GTR that won best exotic...I dont think any of the cars on here would have been up for it anyways.
For next year we already know we will have more food stations and do the raffles/trophies much earlier and announce them more quickly. We will also be more prepared for the amount of people who come as this year we did not expect such a large turnout! We hope you will all come out next year to support the event and the charities the proceeds go to and please keep in mind this was a non-profit event a small car club put on for european car enthusiasts to enjoy themselves.
I'm offended that you feel a lambo or any other exotic there was not qualified as an exotic over the nissan sports car. No one said it had to be a BMW but if you are hosting a european car event then at least the winner should be 1. an actual exotic and 2. a european car.

Also having that other idiot using the logic that if a person can't afford a car it becomes an exotic is stupid. Apparently not every person that drives a BMW has a brain.

Saying that no car on this forum qualifies for best exotic is offensive since there were a ton of M cars(which are basically the same as the GTR) out there.
__________________

E90 ///M3 6MT Atlantis Blue - Fox red
ESS VT1-550|Gloss black grilles/Gold gills|V1 hardwire|Filled reflectors|ZHP lighted shift knob|Volk TE37 Gloss Black|Mode Carbon GT4 Lip|Umnitza V4 full blackout kit|Agency Power exhaust|Sosi x-pipe|BMW Performance Steering Wheel V1|
1sikbmr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #141
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
 
1sikbmr's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York

Posts: 3,277
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shim! View Post
Price, exclusivity, and market, are some of the factors that make a car an "exotic," in my opinion. Sure, a GT-R isn't a car that you can walk in and drive out on the same day, but it's definitely not an exotic - it's more of a.. luxury sportscar, if anything, lol. It's priced very well for what it is, and it's definitely an awesome fuckin' car, but it doesn't have the history and status that "real" exotic cars have.



Very well said. If anything, create a one or two new categories! It wouldn't hurt to have a BEST NON-EURO or something, as I'm sure there were many non-euro cars present. It also wouldn't hurt to have a vendor's category or something, so that shops could get their recognition, while the individual people who've put their precious, hard-earned time and money into their own cars. Just my two cents.

agreed! it also would make sense not to rag on the non euro cars during the raffle if you are going to award a non euro an award. GTR=sports car not exotic.
__________________

E90 ///M3 6MT Atlantis Blue - Fox red
ESS VT1-550|Gloss black grilles/Gold gills|V1 hardwire|Filled reflectors|ZHP lighted shift knob|Volk TE37 Gloss Black|Mode Carbon GT4 Lip|Umnitza V4 full blackout kit|Agency Power exhaust|Sosi x-pipe|BMW Performance Steering Wheel V1|
1sikbmr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #142
aretardedorange
Banned
 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Empire State

Posts: 609
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shim! View Post
Price, exclusivity, and market, are some of the factors that make a car an "exotic," in my opinion. Sure, a GT-R isn't a car that you can walk in and drive out on the same day, but it's definitely not an exotic - it's more of a.. luxury sportscar, if anything, lol. It's priced very well for what it is, and it's definitely an awesome fuckin' car, but it doesn't have the history and status that "real" exotic cars have.



Very well said. If anything, create a one or two new categories! It wouldn't hurt to have a BEST NON-EURO or something, as I'm sure there were many non-euro cars present. It also wouldn't hurt to have a vendor's category or something, so that shops could get their recognition, while the individual people who've put their precious, hard-earned time and money into their own cars. Just my two cents.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
I'm offended that you feel a lambo or any other exotic there was not qualified as an exotic over the nissan sports car. No one said it had to be a BMW but if you are hosting a european car event then at least the winner should be 1. an actual exotic and 2. a european car.

Also having that other idiot using the logic that if a person can't afford a car it becomes an exotic is stupid. Apparently not every person that drives a BMW has a brain.

Saying that no car on this forum qualifies for best exotic is offensive since there were a ton of M cars(which are basically the same as the GTR) out there.
Agreed with everything and ESPECIALLY the bolded part.
aretardedorange is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 06:48 AM   #143
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,278
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
These guys don't realize it's the enthusiast with their affordable non exotic cars that makes these meets great. Sure, If you have deep pockets and can afford a 150k car or more out of a showroom doesn't make it autOmatically a show car winner. It looks nice, and big deal u slap some paint into it. Just because you slap some expensive rims and tires into the car, doesnt constitute modding!
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #144
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by liilpa09 View Post
Thank you everyone for making it out!
I'm shocked by some of the replies on here, especially based on the positive responses we've gotten on every other forum this was posted on...I'm sorry that some peole were dissapointed in the bags we handed out when people came in but you have to realize this is a non-profit event. Should we have put up more money to have "better" bags instead of being able to give over $10k to the two charities we gave proceeds to? What would you have wanted in there so we can know for next year?
I was one of the judges along with M-Crazy and we went through the entire parking lot looking for the winning cars. Every row was gone through. If you thought you should have won I'm sorry, we can not please everyone. Most winning cars did not come from the vendor section as mentioned above. Next year we will be giving out more trohies.
Thank you for the comments though we will take them into consideration for next year. And also I'm not sure why people are taking so much offense to the GTR that won best exotic...I dont think any of the cars on here would have been up for it anyways.
For next year we already know we will have more food stations and do the raffles/trophies much earlier and announce them more quickly. We will also be more prepared for the amount of people who come as this year we did not expect such a large turnout! We hope you will all come out next year to support the event and the charities the proceeds go to and please keep in mind this was a non-profit event a small car club put on for european car enthusiasts to enjoy themselves.
As far as the "negative" vibe this Eurofest thread might have, I think the saying "You learn more from your failures than from your successes" applies here. I'm glad that the people who helped organize Eurofest are actually reading the forums and taking into account everyone's opinion and considering some "changes" for future events.

IMO the event (in itself) was a success -- there were a ton of great cars, both OEM & modified, the weather was great & everyone seemed genuinely interested in supporting the european car community, regardless of what make you showed up in. The "goodie bad" was not supposed to be a slam dunk, this was a charitable event so nobody should've expected a "Free Turbo/SC Upgrade" coupon inside. As for the trophies, there's no point in bitching & moaning -- it's a contest, a very small amount of people win a trophy, a lot of people don't (little league was a long time ago guys, not everyone gets a trophy just for participating). I do think it's very important that for future events a distinction is made between the entrees -- Euro vs. Non-Euro cars, Individual Owners vs. Sponsors, etc. Otherwise, I'm got very minor suggestions for next year -- Maybe have some more dynos & charge a fee for people to do some pulls, do the raffle during the middle of the day, etc. etc.

Last edited by benzy89; 05-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #145
i own an e90
chief general
 
i own an e90's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: new jersey

Posts: 1,074
iTrader: (1)

i know alot of eurototek guys, yea they pretty roll in the show deep everytime....lol
__________________
CAR: 2006 AW e90 / black int. / 6speed mt
MODS SO FAR: ACS kit / ACS SPOILER / bmw perf exhaust / tints / 6k HID / 3k HID FOGS
AKMotorwerk.com : great installers..check 'em out
i own an e90 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #146
DKNewYork
Second Lieutenant
 
DKNewYork's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 M5
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NYC

Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)

Loved it this year. Keeps getting bigger and better. I didn't care about the gift bags, raffles or trophies. I didn't even bother to buy raffle tickets. I just love to see all the cars. Models walking around. Hanging out. Dyno was a great idea. Line for food was a bit long. But I expected it would with that many people. Will definitely go to Eurofest 2013.
__________________
DKNewYork is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #147
andresito360
New Member
 
andresito360's Avatar
 
Drives: 911 turbo
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NNJ

Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

so much hate lol.

I had a good time with the guys that met up in Fort Lee, the cruise was the fun part of the day even though I blew a boost hose on the way there lol.

The show was a cluster fuck due to people parking everywhere, I also though fencing the vendor are was pretty stupid as it made it look as it the only show cars on display where the ones inside that area..
andresito360 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #148
xplicitstylez
ThreeThrityFLY
 
Drives: Alpine White 330i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NY,NY

Posts: 442
iTrader: (0)

__________________
E90 330i- Blackline Taillights/OEM Splitters/ LED angel eyes/ HID foglights/ Smoked Amber/ LED interior lights// RHO Front Plate Bracket/ Volk TE37
xplicitstylez is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #149
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,278
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Hit the nail in the coffin. Cars should have been organized better. Make people park with the same model car, make. Sheit was all over the place. Looked like a Honda meet
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #150
benzy89
Banned
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Northern NJ

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Hit the nail in the coffin. Cars should have been organized better. Make people park with the same model car, make. Sheit was all over the place. Looked like a Honda meet
Not too sure with this, I came w/ a caravan (def wasn't the only one) and it was nice to park with everyone in our group.
benzy89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #151
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
cn555ic's Avatar
 
Drives: Bimmerscoding.com
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New York

Posts: 18,278
iTrader: (5)

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
Not too sure with this, I came w/ a caravan (def wasn't the only one) and it was nice to park with everyone in our group.
Well if not at least the same euro brands at least..
__________________
917-939-4980 CODING E and F Series New York Area

cn555ic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #152
ferrari6891
the original brown guy
 
ferrari6891's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 E92 M3, 11 E90 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: tenafly, nj/ boston, ma

Posts: 973
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [3.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Hit the nail in the coffin. Cars should have been organized better. Make people park with the same model car, make. Sheit was all over the place. Looked like a Honda meet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Well if not at least the same euro brands at least..
I think that is just asking too much now. lol
__________________
2011 E90 ///M3 AW/FR
ACM Exhaust with CF tips, CF splitters, CF mirror caps, OEM Performance CF trunk Spoiler, gloss black side markers and hood vents, AW painted reflectors, matte black kidney grills, OSS-ACM Headlights, ZCP/GTS matte black wheels
Future: tints, RD sport springs, turner test pipes, CF roof vinyl
ferrari6891 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST