E90Post
 


VIBE Motorsports
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LED BMW Trunk Badge



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-14-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
grahamn214
Captain
Canada
1
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328Xi  [0.00]
LED BMW Trunk Badge

I found this on YouTube yesterday and I was wondering if anyone has seen this or tried installing it on their vehicle? I am trying to figure out if I ordered the white/red combo, if the white light would be on all the time. I think it would look great at night. I am a little concerned about the quality. It would be shipped directly from China and cost $95 Cdn including shipping. What do you guys think?

http://bmw.astronomy-now.com/2011/11...for_trunk_lid/

Last edited by grahamn214; 02-14-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to include link.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
EDM92
Colonel
EDM92's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
2,562
Posts

 
Drives: Low&Slow
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Florida

iTrader: (9)

No.
__________________

Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
Broadway Static - CCW - Megan - Orion
Instagram: bmwforlife
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
Zechariaha
Lieutenant
10
Rep
573
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OC, Yorba Linda

iTrader: (0)

If you like cheap shit go for it =)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Jeff@TopGearSolutions's Avatar
United_States
244
Rep
18,382
Posts


 
Drives: C6 Z06, GSXR-750, 09 335i
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: TopGearSolutions.com

iTrader: (32)

Send a message via AIM to Jeff@TopGearSolutions
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
JDLM
Banned
JDLM's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
3,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (4)

You friends w/ this guy?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=648255
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #6
arctic330i
Lieutenant Colonel
arctic330i's Avatar
United_States
48
Rep
1,928
Posts

 
Drives: F15 35i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gainesville, Fl

iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i E90  [4.04]
2013 BMW 335is  [5.00]
Or this guy?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358386
__________________
See my full mod list in my garage
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
grahamn214
Captain
Canada
1
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328Xi  [0.00]
Come on guys let's be serious here.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
90rr
Second Lieutenant
90rr's Avatar
6
Rep
283
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Delray Beach FL

iTrader: (0)

NO NO NO !!!!

__________________
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d159/novak223/jK.jpg
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
J3FF3RSON
Private First Class
J3FF3RSON's Avatar
2
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 335I (E90)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Louisville, KY

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic330i View Post
HEY! That guy ^^ could use the light up emblems as his Foglights!! See his foglamps.

To the OP, NO!!
__________________
My Rides:
1.) 2014 Ram 1500 Sport
2.) 2011 BMW 335I (E90)

"If you're going through Hell... Keep Going."
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #10
ChasVS
Colonel
ChasVS's Avatar
United_States
26
Rep
2,432
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (10)

Well, you should realize that there's a fair number of Purists here who don't take kindly to "Ricey" mods to BMWs. Of course, it's your car and you can do whatever you like, but don't think everyone is going to like it..
__________________
My speeding isn't the problem. It's the Slow Folks ahead of me that cause accidents!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
gunnerxq
Captain
gunnerxq's Avatar
United_States
17
Rep
974
Posts

 
Drives: e90 "325i"
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Staten Island and Albany

iTrader: (0)

It looks kind of cool. I wouldn't mind having it on my car from the factory. It would be funny if it had an laser aiming for the forehead of the drivers behined you.
__________________
Bilstein shocks, eibach pro-kit springs, Remus exhaust, stage 3 intake manifold,Stage 2 AA tune, BMW Short shift kit.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #12
grahamn214
Captain
Canada
1
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasVS View Post
Well, you should realize that there's a fair number of Purists here who don't take kindly to "Ricey" mods to BMWs. Of course, it's your car and you can do whatever you like, but don't think everyone is going to like it..
Rice is ugly. Rice is those other pictures. This actually has the potential to have a touch of class and uniqueness. It is something small and I think could almost pass as a factory BMW add on. Just think about the upcoming BMW i8 and all the lightning that is on that.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
pimp4cheddar's Avatar
United_States
29
Rep
1,794
Posts

 
Drives: Mojave E92
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Florida

iTrader: (11)

It's not bad...

And truthfully...if BMW installed it OEM from the factory...everyone on here would love it.

Reminds me of the M3 turn signal...



But would I put it on my car....








































FUCK NO!!!!!!!!!!!! GET THAT TACKY SHIT OUTTA MY FACE!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
JDLM
Banned
JDLM's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
3,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamn214 View Post
Rice is ugly. Rice is those other pictures. This actually has the potential to have a touch of class and uniqueness. It is something small and I think could almost pass as a factory BMW add on. Just think about the upcoming BMW i8 and all the lightning that is on that.
Are you trying to compare cheap chinese crap to the BMW i8 lighting?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #15
TroyDeJ
Banned
18
Rep
984
Posts

 
Drives: around aimlessly
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

get it, install it, and see what everyone thinks once its installed. it might look better once its on the car or it might look so much worse. just get it and try it. i dont really like it but why opinion doesnt really matter
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #16
BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
11
Rep
405
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamn214 View Post
I found this on YouTube yesterday and I was wondering if anyone has seen this or tried installing it on their vehicle? I am trying to figure out if I ordered the white/red combo, if the white light would be on all the time. I think it would look great at night. I am a little concerned about the quality. It would be shipped directly from China and cost $95 Cdn including shipping. What do you guys think?

http://bmw.astronomy-now.com/2011/11...for_trunk_lid/
Yes, highly recommend it!! BTW, while you are at it, order these mug guards for your bimmer, your car will look hot!

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #17
grahamn214
Captain
Canada
1
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
Are you trying to compare cheap chinese crap to the BMW i8 lighting?
LED Lightning is LED lightning. The upcoming i8 probably has some parts made in China so I don't see why you are poking fun at my comment. Pretty much everything in the world is made in China, good or bad. When it comes to something like a small LED light I wouldn't blame BMW or any other car manufacturer to get it from China and same $$$.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #18
JDLM
Banned
JDLM's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
3,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamn214 View Post
LED Lightning is LED lightning. The upcoming i8 probably has some parts made in China so I don't see why you are poking fun at my comment. Pretty much everything in the world is made in China, good or bad. When it comes to something like a small LED light I wouldn't blame BMW or any other car manufacturer to get it from China and same $$$.
fwiw: my background is in electronics/computers

Are you trying to say that the chinese made this part w/ the same standards as say BMW upholds? Also, I am well aware of parts origins etc..

Are you high?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #19
grahamn214
Captain
Canada
1
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCop View Post
Yes, highly recommend it!! BTW, while you are at it, order these mug guards for your bimmer, your car will look hot!

Quite the comedian. Maybe you should replace Billy Crystal at the Oscars.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #20
Rustler
Second Lieutenant
United_States
5
Rep
295
Posts

 
Drives: '10 E90 335i Space Grey
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bozeman, MT

iTrader: (4)

Note the cord that coming out of the side. Something tells me the LEDs on the i8 won't be powered by external cords.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
grahamn214
Captain
Canada
1
Rep
43
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 328Xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDLM View Post
fwiw: my background is in electronics/computers

Are you trying to say that the chinese made this part w/ the same standards as say BMW upholds? Also, I am well aware of parts origins etc..

Are you high?
What I am saying is if it looks good and works who cares where it comes from. This thread isn't supposed to bash Chinese made goods. I only wanted to know if anyone has tried or seen this before. And I stand by my comment that at night time I think it would look good. Especially with the licence plate led lights below. Which are probably made in China.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #22
CWS335
First Lieutenant
CWS335's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
356
Posts

 
Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Burbs, USA

iTrader: (0)

No.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST