E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 335d a few observations.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-31-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

E92 335d a few observations.

Just got back from a business (golfing) trip to Scotland,so given my car its first decent run. A few observations;

Got 460miles to empty
Reading 30.3mpg on the obc
No problem for 2 + all our gear,just put the back seats down.
Passenger was a 328i driver,and just got "its a monster" a few times from him when pressing on.
230miles on the way up,got out no problems.Nice and relaxed.
Oh,and the 335d engine what a perfect piece of kit for them shall i overtake moments.
Pro nav never missed a beat,not 1 u - turn
All in All one happy boy
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

Sounds like you re loving it................and mine is still over a month away!!
Oli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2007, 02:30 PM   #3
Steve A
Brigadier General
 
Steve A's Avatar
 
Drives: too much
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Manchester UK

Posts: 3,464
iTrader: (0)

I reset my obc the other day and after 2 days of town driving it was saying 21.9mpg:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reset it again did a motorway journey got 36mpg....much better.
__________________
C350 cdi sport estate facelift 457lbft
130i M SportMercedes C350 CDI Sport Estate AutoMini Cooper Auto.Mercedes E250 CGI,Lexus IS-F,R36, RS4 Saloon,ML 420 CDI SPORT,M6, 335d, C55, C32, M3, M5, S3, ALL SOLD but fondly remembered
Steve A is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
peppernick
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335D, Z4M Roadster
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

I love my 335d for the reasons above but I miss the exhaust note of a highly strung petrol six and the burble of a V8.
__________________
peppernick is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
LRS
Dead Head
 
LRS's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: (Then > Bay Area, Calif) (Now > Southeast, UK)

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

squeezebm

Totally Cool!

I pick up my new 335d tomorrow!!! Can't wait, can't sleep...

Another one joining the 335d group!
LRS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      05-31-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,267
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
love the 335d. Great car, took out a mate who works for mitsi yesterday, he said once rolling (40mph+) it would eat a fq 340
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2007, 11:22 AM   #7
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
squeezebm

Totally Cool!

I pick up my new 335d tomorrow!!! Can't wait, can't sleep...

Another one joining the 335d group!
Lrs,you won't be dissapointed
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #8
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,137
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
Lrs,you won't be dissapointed
Dealer is trying to entice me into a 335d when I visit next week. If it makes a rumble anything remotely like the 335i I may be tempted but that is not likely....... but the fuel comsumption is just sooo much better!
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2007, 04:18 PM   #9
LRS
Dead Head
 
LRS's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: (Then > Bay Area, Calif) (Now > Southeast, UK)

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Hey squezebm

335d is here, shes sitting in my driveway!!

All I can say is - fantastic!!, So glad that things worked out the way they did in having to cancel the original 325d for the 335d!

Only niggle is that the Owners Manual and options manuals are all in Arabic. Will need to get the English ones posted out. Anyone out there have an English PDF version of the UK E92 Owners Manual?

It came with the latest 2007-2 sat nav software.

Not sure if it has come with the 6 programmable iDrive buttons (going in cars with a build date of March). How can you tell?

Going out tomorrow for a good drive!!!
LRS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2007, 05:18 PM   #10
roofer
Lieutenant
 
roofer's Avatar
 
Drives: 335D M Saloon
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Essex

Posts: 584
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
I love my 335d for the reasons above but I miss the exhaust note of a highly strung petrol six and the burble of a V8.

That'll be two of us then....
roofer is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2007, 04:25 AM   #11
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Hey squezebm

335d is here, shes sitting in my driveway!!

All I can say is - fantastic!!, So glad that things worked out the way they did in having to cancel the original 325d for the 335d!

Only niggle is that the Owners Manual and options manuals are all in Arabic. Will need to get the English ones posted out. Anyone out there have an English PDF version of the UK E92 Owners Manual?

It came with the latest 2007-2 sat nav software.

Not sure if it has come with the 6 programmable iDrive buttons (going in cars with a build date of March). How can you tell?

Going out tomorrow for a good drive!!!
LRS, its a good feeling isn't it, I'm chuffed for you pal
Re owners manual it is probably easier to understand in Arabic
idrive buttons should be under slot for sat nav disc 1-6yours should have them i think.
Forget the toys for now stick a disc in and go out and enjoy the engine.
You can read the manual when the weathers crap

Again NICE ONE
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2007, 05:14 AM   #12
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,756
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I downloaded the American E92 users' manual from the main section - it was available as a PDF. Seemed almost identical to the real manual I received with the car.

Much easier than Arabic

D.
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      06-02-2007, 07:20 AM   #13
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_3 View Post
I downloaded the American E92 users' manual from the main section - it was available as a PDF. Seemed almost identical to the real manual I received with the car.

Much easier than Arabic

D.
Do You think so dave
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 04:25 AM   #14
LRS
Dead Head
 
LRS's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335d Coupe
Join Date: May 2007
Location: (Then > Bay Area, Calif) (Now > Southeast, UK)

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

Hey squezebm

It has not got the 6 programmable iDrive buttons. Checked VIN data and the car was manufactured in Jan 07 and obviously just missed the date for BMW including the 6 buttons as standard equipment. Wonder if it could be added retrofitted? Ill just use the Star and Diamond steering wheel buttons instead.

Called dealer yesterday and an English manual will be in the post next week. The parts guy said it was really weird for an Arabic set of manuals to have made it into the car. I also noticed that a couple of information stickers on the car are also in Arabic/English. It was a cancelled corporate order, so maybe it was originally destined for the Middle East? Dave 3, Ill check out the American E92 users' manual, thanks.

Overall very impressed, just knowing the potential power available is cool. Takes me back to my old hot rod days growing up in California! Totally sick!!
LRS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 05:57 AM   #15
remmib
General
 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway

Posts: 26,087
iTrader: (0)

Man, I would like to try a 335d
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
remmib is offline   Norway
0
Reply With Quote
      06-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #16
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Hey squezebm

It has not got the 6 programmable iDrive buttons. Checked VIN data and the car was manufactured in Jan 07 and obviously just missed the date for BMW including the 6 buttons as standard equipment. Wonder if it could be added retrofitted? Ill just use the Star and Diamond steering wheel buttons instead.

Called dealer yesterday and an English manual will be in the post next week. The parts guy said it was really weird for an Arabic set of manuals to have made it into the car. I also noticed that a couple of information stickers on the car are also in Arabic/English. It was a cancelled corporate order, so maybe it was originally destined for the Middle East? Dave 3, Ill check out the American E92 users' manual, thanks.

Overall very impressed, just knowing the potential power available is cool. Takes me back to my old hot rod days growing up in California! Totally sick!!
California eh,is that much different to Warwickshire?
re 6 buttons - wouldn't have thought they would be able to retro fit but i wouldn't be worried - i've not even programmed mine yet ,too busy playing with the engine
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST