E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Need a stance! E90 w/ KW V1's



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Need a stance! E90 w/ KW V1's

Hey,

I need your creativity. I seriously need to improve my stance. I would first like to get as close as hellaflush I could; and eventualy go for extremely concave wheels.

Look at what it looks like now. Horrible, I know!



So last fall I found a killer deal for a set of KW V1's; that's a start.

I will be looking for new wheels somewhere this year, but for now, i'm gonna keep my OZ.
I'm currently using:
- Oz Ultraleggera Staggered 18x9 / 18x8
- Hankook Ventus V12 255 rear & 225 front

So I want to know:

- What kind of spacers should I get to get hellaflush?
- What are the most extremely concave wheels on the market? (Not a fan of big lips, just concave)
- Are the KW V1's complicated to adjust if I want to use the car in winter? We get a lot of snow down here, so the difficulty of adjustments will play a major fact on the height of the car. If its easy, I can get lower, but if its a pain, I might drop, but at a suitable height for all seasons.
- Can you adjust the suspension without uninstalling? I guess so from what I can see, but want to confirm.


Thanks for the help.

Last edited by MaximusJ; 02-18-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
112 views and not a single opinion?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 02:36 AM   #3
TroyDeJ
Banned
21
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: around aimlessly
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

probably no opinions because "hellaflush" is a pretty bad style and is bad for handling. most guys on here dont like hellaflush.

BUT kw v1s will do the job and one lowered measure out from the wheel to the fender and get the spacers based on that
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 02:37 AM   #4
TroyDeJ
Banned
21
Rep
984
Posts

Drives: around aimlessly
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

ill add that i dont like hellaflush either but ill try and answer you question
Appreciate 1
      02-20-2012, 02:55 AM   #5
#Tee
#Me
#Tee's Avatar
222
Rep
5,148
Posts

Drives: yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Socal

iTrader: (1)

Ya dont do it, ive read on e90post that hellaflush is fast and furious like and guys will laugh at your ass at the race track...also there will be something about rubbing, i dont think you want that.
__________________

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 02:57 AM   #6
engotski
oh haiii
engotski's Avatar
Philippines
19
Rep
1,105
Posts

Drives: e92 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VanCity

iTrader: (4)

Morr vs8.2 is one of the most concave wheel without a lip.

Im no hellaflush guru but fitment differs with size wheels and tires. I dont want to run hellaflush as I drive pretty aggressive. Decent fitment is arguable but 9" front wheel with +30 to 35 will have no issues with 235 tires. Rears have a lot of variables depending if your willing to roll fenders or not and how low you are with the coilovers
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 03:01 AM   #7
engotski
oh haiii
engotski's Avatar
Philippines
19
Rep
1,105
Posts

Drives: e92 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VanCity

iTrader: (4)

Btw stretchnpoke, pcemkr, and kamek are some of the guys u can ask for fitment
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
327
Rep
13,593
Posts

Drives: JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631

iTrader: (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
I will be looking for new wheels somewhere this year, but for now, i'm gonna keep my OZ.
I'm currently using:
- Oz Ultraleggera Staggered 18x9 / 18x8
- Hankook Ventus V12 255 rear & 225 front

So I want to know:

- What kind of spacers should I get to get hellaflush?
- What are the most extremely concave wheels on the market? (Not a fan of big lips, just concave)
- Are the KW V1's complicated to adjust if I want to use the car in winter? We get a lot of snow down here, so the difficulty of adjustments will play a major fact on the height of the car. If its easy, I can get lower, but if its a pain, I might drop, but at a suitable height for all seasons.
- Can you adjust the suspension without uninstalling? I guess so from what I can see, but want to confirm.


Thanks for the help.
I'm currently using:
- Oz Ultraleggera Staggered 18x9 / 18x8
- Hankook Ventus V12 255 rear & 225 front

What offsets are you currently running?

- What kind of spacers should I get to get hellaflush?
Answer the above so we can get a better idea

- What are the most extremely concave wheels on the market? (Not a fan of big lips, just concave)
There are a ton of different wheels out in the market. Are you looking to stick with 18" wheels or are you looking to go up in size to 19"?

Are the KW V1's complicated to adjust if I want to use the car in winter? We get a lot of snow down here, so the difficulty of adjustments will play a major fact on the height of the car. If its easy, I can get lower, but if its a pain, I might drop, but at a suitable height for all seasons.
It is fairly easy to adjust the height on the KW V1 coilovers. You can check out an installation guide here.

Can you adjust the suspension without uninstalling? I guess so from what I can see, but want to confirm.
Yes, you can make the adjustments without having to uninstall the coilovers form the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
Infamous's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,723
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Hey,

I need your creativity. I seriously need to improve my stance. I would first like to get as close as hellaflush I could; and eventualy go for extremely concave wheels.

Look at what it looks like now. Horrible, I know!



So last fall I found a killer deal for a set of KW V1's; that's a start.

I will be looking for new wheels somewhere this year, but for now, i'm gonna keep my OZ.
I'm currently using:
- Oz Ultraleggera Staggered 18x9 / 18x8
- Hankook Ventus V12 255 rear & 225 front

So I want to know:

- What kind of spacers should I get to get hellaflush? i would ditch those wheels or keep them as a winter set, if i were in your position i'd get a completely new set that are wider and built in the right offset
- What are the most extremely concave wheels on the market? (Not a fan of big lips, just concave) whats your budget?
- Are the KW V1's complicated to adjust if I want to use the car in winter? We get a lot of snow down here, so the difficulty of adjustments will play a major fact on the height of the car. If its easy, I can get lower, but if its a pain, I might drop, but at a suitable height for all seasons. KW's are very easy to adjust
- Can you adjust the suspension without uninstalling? I guess so from what I can see, but want to confirm. you sure can


Thanks for the help.
just understand if you are planning to roll hard with some real offset, there will be rubbing. your fenders will need to be rolled/flared or cut. or even all 3. if youre ok with all that, dive in headfirst
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 01:57 PM   #10
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
Infamous's Avatar
United_States
20
Rep
1,723
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretchNpoke View Post
Ya dont do it, ive read on e90post that hellaflush is fast and furious like and guys will laugh at your ass at the race track...also there will be something about rubbing, i dont think you want that.
offset is the devil and gets peoples daughters pregnant! by people i mean e90post where everyone is a badass and claim they only drive their car on the track so they can prove to the internet how fast they are!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Thanks for the answers; i'm no ricer so dont worry about that I'm not the rubb-a-dub or the tire stretching kinda guy either.

My current offset is 40 in the front and 35 rear.

I dont want any rubbing because I drive this car kinda hard and still dont want to compromise comfort. BUT the gap between the fender and the tire is HUUUUGE and i'm pretty sure that wheels could get closer to the lateral side of the fender to make it fit even better.

I would consider rolling if I have to; but of course would prefer not to.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 12:44 AM   #12
drek20
Private
Canada
0
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2007 328XI
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Alberta, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Thanks for the answers; i'm no ricer so dont worry about that I'm not the rubb-a-dub or the tire stretching kinda guy either.

My current offset is 40 in the front and 35 rear.

I dont want any rubbing because I drive this car kinda hard and still dont want to compromise comfort. BUT the gap between the fender and the tire is HUUUUGE and i'm pretty sure that wheels could get closer to the lateral side of the fender to make it fit even better.

I would consider rolling if I have to; but of course would prefer not to.
I also have a 18x8 / 18x9 setup on my 328xi. I just added 12mm BMS spacers in the rear and it looks 100% better (my rear gap looked almost, if not identical to yours). Im also doing a drop with KW V1's in the next few months. I think im going to add 5mm BMS spacers in the front also. I remember reading somewhere on here that someone had the 12mm spacer with the drop and no rubbing issue. Hope this helps.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12MM-BMW-Whe...ht_4263wt_1396
__________________

18" Avant Garde M310 Wheels / Magnaflow Cat-Back
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #13
TwinT1addict
Lieutenant Colonel
TwinT1addict's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
1,536
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stamford, CT

iTrader: (12)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.50]
Send a message via AIM to TwinT1addict
Im running a m3 offset +22 in the rear on a drop with H&R coilovers with tiny bit of rub on huge dips sits flush and sexy. O by the way more pics of your cars ass please
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #14
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
Mahhvinn's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
7,959
Posts

Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
Here's my car and it's current set-up.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=643595
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Forgot to mention that this car is also used in the winter; a.k.a. in inches of snow. This is also one of the reasons that makes me wanna improve my stance. Wider tires in the back = better grip; since I dont have an XI. Driving RWD in extreme winter conditions is sometime a challenge (but I really do love it).

Of course, with winter comes a different set of wheels and tires; but I still need to stay straight; camber-wise; just to facilitate the transition between seasons without having to realign. This is also why I need to readjust the height of the KW's 2 times a year.

Getting spacers is a must; just didnt knew which sizes. I may go for 12 in the rear and 15 in the front for now until I find THE wheels; which can take a while.

I wont use these in the winter since winter rubbers in 18's are way too pricey. Stockies are fine for winter. Besides, OZ are still worth money; so might as well just sell them after getting my new ones. To change my wheels, I would have a budget of 1 to 2k.

Keep 'em coming; thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 12:30 AM   #16
mapleridge
Banned
53
Rep
2,681
Posts

Drives: E90 N52 AT
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (4)

Not sure if you said you want to stick to 18" but the Vossen CV3 are amazing and will be released in 19". Also, Stance has a similar wheel. Lastly, OEM style 128 wheels are super concave and beautiful. Smallest size is 19" though. I am in the same boat as you looking for concave but 18", but I want 5 spoke.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #17
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
I want to stick to my 18's for now, but i'm looking for new wheels if I can find some really concave wheels. I know that this will mean adjusting my spacers once again.

As for stockies, I got style 156; so they'Re a little bit concave, but for winters, they're ok. I cant really justify a second set of aftermarket wheels for winter.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 06:25 AM   #18
LocDawgg
Captain
15
Rep
900
Posts

Drives: AW e90
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

iTrader: (5)

E46 ZCP wheels or VMR VB3s
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #19
MaximusJ
Colonel
MaximusJ's Avatar
Canada
38
Rep
2,122
Posts

Drives: 325i 2006
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec, Canada

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
'06 E90  [3.72]
Now we're back on track; finally had the chance to put my summer's on.

I got 12mm clearance in the front and about 20 in the back. So I went with 12mm/15mm spacers from BMS and will procede to the suspension swap shortly. I shouldnt be rubbing at all with those. So finger crossed!


Next: The wheels.

I will post more pictures when done with the spacers and coilovers; in the meantime, keep the suggestions coming.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 11:17 PM   #20
mike@Vossen
mike@Vossen's Avatar
50
Rep
784
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami | Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleridge View Post
Not sure if you said you want to stick to 18" but the Vossen CV3 are amazing and will be released in 19". Also, Stance has a similar wheel. Lastly, OEM style 128 wheels are super concave and beautiful. Smallest size is 19" though. I am in the same boat as you looking for concave but 18", but I want 5 spoke.
Thanks for the shout out!



Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #21
tscdennab
Banned
74
Rep
1,811
Posts

Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [3.12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@Vossen View Post
Thanks for the shout out!



There is a limit, and that limit is passed here...doesn't look proportioned.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #22
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Quattro Driver
EYE4SPEED's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,987
Posts

Drives: E90 335d M-Sport LCI
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West Coast... of Michigan

iTrader: (22)

Loving that M3 stance. Perfect drop - I personally don't care for it when the front fender outline sits lower than the outside diameter of the tire.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:16 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST