E90Post

European Auto Source

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY LCI-xenon retrofit to a preLCI halogen - error free

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
DIY LCI-xenon retrofit to a preLCI halogen - error free
Published by Taruno
04-21-2015
DIY LCI-xenon retrofit to a preLCI halogen - error free

Heya guys,
I managed to retrofit my 2007 320d which came with halogen stock lights to a 2010 LCI non-adaptive xenon.

I will start off with - this is EXTREMELY easy if you are semi-tech savy. I did everything on my wire hareness - NOT INSIDE THE HEADLIGHT.

Since I don't have a lot of time for the complete write up i will do a quick summery for you and will go into detail later this week.

Step 1 pop out your connector.

Step 2 - preLCI halogen has teh ground on Pin 4, LCI xenon needs a ground on Pin 2 so run off to your dealer and buy several pins(realoem numbers later this week) and get some 10-12g cable (I soldered mine but you can use wire taps). So connect Pin 4 to Pin 2 and voila you have low beam xenon with a TON of errors

Step 3 - Pin 6 is your full beam but if you get lights from a 2011 model that's your daytime running light and full beam is only in the bixenon shutter so you need to either move Pin 6 to Pin 5 or tap them together - option 1 gives you full beam xenon only, option 2 you get full beam xenon and halogen.

Step 4 (optional) - if you want those 3 corner leds Tap pin 1 to Pin 7

Step 5 - Coding

Disable auto leveling (i will retrofit the self-level sensors later on)
AUTO_LWR_ENABLE
nicht_aktiv

Add $522 in your FRM(in order to have error free xenon you need at least FRM2 or NFRM)

For full beam functionality Option 1
PWM_ANST_FL_BIXENON
wert_01

For full beam functionality Option 2
wert_02
wert_03

Since I went with full beam on both bulbs I had an error after coding in the xenon so I disabled the hot and cold bulb checks.

Since I had FRM2 I didn't have the LED blinker option and I was getting an error for the blinkers - disable the check and you are good to go.

Photos and indepth guide later on, for now check it on my car (it is really dirty but hell I washed and detailed it on the next day)

DISCLAIMER: this DIY assumes you know your way around coding and some electrical skills, if you have those two skills you are golden.
Tutorial Tools
Attached Images

By shady_rulls on 04-24-2015, 02:10 AM
Looks awsome, nice job. I'm looking forward to do this upgrade on my car two. will it work on my e90 2005, because i think i have FRM1?
By Taruno on 04-24-2015, 02:38 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Well it will work but FRM1 lack some goodies like welcome lights and follow me home lights and angel eyes daytime lights mate.
Comment