E90Post

Motormavericks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335i m sport arrived last week (one pic!)

06-04-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
dazzapb
Major
England

Drives: F30 335d M Sport +

Angry 335i m sport arrived last week (one pic!)

Hi all

Just to let you know that I have taken handover of my car. I took delivery last week (wednesday)

It was pissing down that day which was a shame!

Not sure if you guys remember my post, but i ended up paying the delivery (OTR) costs. The stealer bascially said that he wouldnt budge, so I think they were prepared to let it be a deal breaker and sell it on at list to someone else. So in all a 3% discount plus free VPP (let me get onto this point!!!! nightmare!)

I went for GAP and tyre insurance (£600) too.

The car is amazing, I am shocked at how it sounds, its a beast, after 100 miles I took her to 5k RPM... (engine was hot) and WOW!!!! mpg isn't great plus having to put in 97+ RON fuel!

Anyhow heres a pic... after hosing down on Saturday.

I have come across a problem related to the paintwork! not good

What a shocking job the VPP was, infact worse than that there seems to be marks on the clear coat. Heres an email sent to the dealer -

"It has come to my attention, that the paintwork on the boot area, roof and bonnet have maybe 15+ marks in total, it looks as if the clear coat has come away, the marks are infact pepper pot shaped and about 2-3mm in size. (Although it is smooth if you run your finger on them) Some of them have a number of tiny scratches around them as it looks like someone has tried to polish them out. Also the roof has a white area (near the fin) that looks very unsightly, with numerous scraches.

It only came to my attention after giving the car a hose on saturday and of course I did not see them when I picked the car up as it was wet, which is a shame.

Not sure how these were caused, as I would be shocked to hear the car could of come from the factory like this.

Please advise on how I can proceed to get this resolved."

advice guys?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
dazzapb
Major
England

i have arranged zaino protection with drive and shine next sunday (getting him to remove the dealers VPP too and she if he can do something with the marks), do you guys think i should hang fire? i dont trust the dealer resolving the paint work problems? I understand the dealer had the car since 16th may.. so i wonder if they parked it under a tree?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 08:32 AM   #3
rjs
Major
England

Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [5.00]
looks good in the pic

there seem to be a couple of us with dealer issues at the moment

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #4
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom

Drives: MY12 Range Rover Sport HSE

So does the 335i require 97 RON fuel? or can it run on 95?
Great looking motor btw!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
rjs
Major
England

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [5.00]
I've been filling up with 99 RON Shell V Power!

(It doesn't cost me any more either given the way my co. deals with fuel for co. cars )

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 10:37 AM   #6
peterg1965
Brigadier General
United Kingdom

Drives: MY12 Range Rover Sport HSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs View Post
I've been filling up with 99 RON Shell V Power!

(It doesn't cost me any more either given the way my co. deals with fuel for co. cars )
Note to self........ find employer who gives generous co. car allowance and pays for fuel!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 11:02 AM   #7
dazzapb
Major
England

i'm using tesco 99 at the moment, I think the manual states that RON 95 can be used, but with less power (knock control) and 97+ is recommended any thoughts on what I should do as regards to paintwork.. i'm hoping that drive and shine can do the business on it, but want BMW to fix! but i'm not sure the garage is up to it..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
dazzapb
Major
England

update - have heard from the dealer and he wants me to bring the car in (to give it to the valeters and the bodyshop if required - er yes!) on sat....

so i have cancelled the drive and shine appointment for now, in the hope something can be done... but I doubt they would be as good! will keep you posted!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 01:49 PM   #9
squeezebm
Colonel

Drives: Audi

dazz,give it to the stealer and don't accept it back untill the paintwork is to your complete satisfaction.Its up to them to sort this out not you.

Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 02:16 PM   #10
COLSEN
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E92 320i MSport > Merc C220CDI

I picked up my sport coupe 4 weeks ago (same colour) and had a similar problem, when I first washed it I noticed "dirt" or something under the paint on the boot, around the slanted part. My car has since packed in so the dealer reckons they've resprayed the problem whilst I sit waiting for a fuel pump to pitch up!!!:mad:

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
dazzapb
Major
England

thanks for thoughts guys.. appreicate it
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 04:57 PM   #12
picus
Brigadier General
Canada

Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

That car has a rotary hologram right in the pic; they are probably all over the car. Someone (likely the dealership) buffed it at some point, poorly.

Can you take some pictures of the effected areas in the sun, if possible? Had I found out my car had had rotary work done to it prior to delivery I would have left it on the dealerships lawn.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2007, 05:02 PM   #13
rjs
Major
England

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
Note to self........ find employer who gives generous co. car allowance and pays for fuel!
They don't pay for fuel. I declare my private mileage & they bill me based on 95p per litre or so, & 29.7 mpg.

So giving it a thrashing, getting 19mpg & filling up with fancy fuel does not cost me any more than driving carefully & using standard fuel

E93 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2007, 04:04 PM   #14
dazzapb
Major
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
That car has a rotary hologram right in the pic; they are probably all over the car. Someone (likely the dealership) buffed it at some point, poorly.

Can you take some pictures of the effected areas in the sun, if possible? Had I found out my car had had rotary work done to it prior to delivery I would have left it on the dealerships lawn.

you are 100% correct pal. it had VPP (paint protection) applied as a dealer option and yep its very bad! rotary damage all over the horizontal surfaces.. i cant believe how bad it was done. On another note i took it to the dealer today (as i mentioned in another thread - sorry!) and they have to do a respray due to other damage (sap/bird poo etc) when the car was left after predelivery checks were done. Unfortunately I picked up the car when it was very very wet and I did not notice, but the next day was a hot sunny day and I noticed straight away.

Thanks for your comments mate.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #15
silverbmwz3
Colonel

Drives: E90 335d wheelbarrow

Garage List
From what I've seen thus far if you look close enough many dealers don't properly prepare cars. Every car I've had from BMW had preparation issues. Get a reputable detailer to prepare your car and you'll see it looking better than it ever has, maybe factor the cost into buying a car or wait until you've got a few swirls/minor scratches and get it done as a treat... if you get the dealer to remedy it how likely is it that it will come back with more marks in a different area, I just don't think they understand the concept of or are geared-up for swirl/mark-free preparation? Perhaps I'm being unfair but from now on I trust dealers to sell me a car and get it to me, but not valet or wash them to any kind of standard without inducing marks in the clearcoat.
Appreciate 0