E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > E92 track setup



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #1
Brule
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
136
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92 6sp man
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Darwin

iTrader: (0)

E92 track setup

What do you think of this setup?
Has anyone have experience with this type of camber castor and toe settings?

It's not the ultimate setup but it's what I currently have. Obviously I want a twin oil cooler setup and 18 inch wheels soon.

Power
Spprox 550-570hp
Standard oil cooler..

Suspension
KWV3
Stiff subframe, diff and trans bushings
M3 front and rear control arms, guide rods, Ecs trailing arms,Megan racing toe arms.
Whiteline front and rear sway bars adjustable links on the front.
Vorshlag camber plates

Drivetrain
MFactory LSD
Diff plate stiffener

Wheel alignment
Front camber 3 degrees
Toe out a tiny bit can't remember the number
Castor 7 degree 40 minutes

Rear Camber 1.5 degrees
Toe 0

Wheels
Oem 19 313
Tyres new Chinese
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #2
drunkenup
Captain
54
Rep
687
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i, 2006 330i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

I think the rear end is going to be extremely lively on 0 toe. I have a 1/8 toe in rear and the car rotates pretty well, all other specs nearly the same. It steps out of line very easy using the throttle.
__________________
E82 135i MHD S2, BMS DPs, VRSF 7" IC, Berk Race, TC Kline SA, TMS camber plates, Manzo toe arms, Eibach FSB, B&M SSK, BMW Performance, LCI Blacklines
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
davidwarren
Captain
davidwarren's Avatar
91
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: 01 325 06 325 10 335 14 X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, ky

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenup View Post
I think the rear end is going to be extremely lively on 0 toe. I have a 1/8 toe in rear and the car rotates pretty well, all other specs nearly the same. It steps out of line very easy using the throttle.
Agree, but I run 2.5 camber in the back. 1.5 is not enough, imo.
__________________
2010 335i e90 Le Mans Blue/Chestnut Brown | M-Sport | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 01:06 AM   #4
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
125
Rep
1,623
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (4)

600HP is super unnecessary for the track....

Stock power is great to learn with, seat time is all that matters. LSD, coilovers, RSFB & JB4 you're good to go...
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 2
      04-03-2017, 04:54 AM   #5
Brule
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
136
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92 6sp man
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Darwin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
Agree, but I run 2.5 camber in the back. 1.5 is not enough, imo.
I thought it was maxed out at 1.5 degrees.

Anything you installed to get more camber?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 05:46 AM   #6
Brule
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
136
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92 6sp man
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Darwin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
600HP is super unnecessary for the track....

Stock power is great to learn with, seat time is all that matters. LSD, coilovers, RSFB & JB4 you're good to go...
Might get a track tune around 400hp for the track.
Less stress on the engine and better for heat too.

What's the rsfb?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #7
davidwarren
Captain
davidwarren's Avatar
91
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: 01 325 06 325 10 335 14 X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, ky

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
I thought it was maxed out at 1.5 degrees.

Anything you installed to get more camber?
no. I have Eibach prokit springs, so a pinch lower than stock sport springs. I just take it to a motorsports shop for track alignment. I think 1.5 is about the minimum for stock alignment specs, not max.
__________________
2010 335i e90 Le Mans Blue/Chestnut Brown | M-Sport | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #8
davidwarren
Captain
davidwarren's Avatar
91
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: 01 325 06 325 10 335 14 X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, ky

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
Might get a track tune around 400hp for the track.
Less stress on the engine and better for heat too.

What's the rsfb?
rear subframe bushings. You can get fillers for your stock ones, but I would recommend solid bushings. I have the whiteline ones. No real downside, significant improvement.
__________________
2010 335i e90 Le Mans Blue/Chestnut Brown | M-Sport | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
feuer
Brigadier General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
816
Rep
3,993
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenup View Post
I think the rear end is going to be extremely lively on 0 toe. I have a 1/8 toe in rear and the car rotates pretty well, all other specs nearly the same. It steps out of line very easy using the throttle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
Agree, but I run 2.5 camber in the back. 1.5 is not enough, imo.
I run -2.2 with 0 toe in the rear on 275 35 18 and you need to be aggressive to have the rear step out when the tires and warm. I track and put about 350whp if that matters.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #10
spxxx
Boost
spxxx's Avatar
125
Rep
1,623
Posts

Drives: 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Valley of Silicon, CA - United States

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
600HP is super unnecessary for the track....

Stock power is great to learn with, seat time is all that matters. LSD, coilovers, RSFB & JB4 you're good to go...
Might get a track tune around 400hp for the track.
Less stress on the engine and better for heat too.

What's the rsfb?
Yeah that's reasonable, I run a dedicated track tune that probably hits around 400whp
__________________
135i M-Sport FBO
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #11
Brule
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
136
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92 6sp man
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Darwin

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
rear subframe bushings. You can get fillers for your stock ones, but I would recommend solid bushings. I have the whiteline ones. No real downside, significant improvement.
I've got the whitelines too.

Pretty noisy now with them
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 07:14 AM   #12
davidwarren
Captain
davidwarren's Avatar
91
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: 01 325 06 325 10 335 14 X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, ky

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
I've got the whitelines too.

Pretty noisy now with them
Really? I didn't notice any new NHV from the subframe bushings.
__________________
2010 335i e90 Le Mans Blue/Chestnut Brown | M-Sport | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #13
Brule
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
136
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92 6sp man
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Darwin

iTrader: (0)

Mines a lot different with them.
Noisy cabin vibrations especially the exhaust sound even changed
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #14
justpete
Brigadier General
United_States
688
Rep
3,559
Posts

Drives: '11 328i '16 550i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [4.33]
2016 BMW 550i  [4.12]
Something doesn't sound right there, I've run solid aluminum/Delrin bushings for 20K+ miles and never noticed anything from them. The solid diff bushings transmitted a fair amount of whine on deceleration though.
__________________
2011 E90 328i ZSP 6MT, 2960#, BMW Aero, CF hood/boot, PI+CAI+RM+3IM+BPC, SS+CI528+ThermoTec+SS#1+Burns, AKG eng, UUC trans, Delrin diff/RS, CM 850, UCP, CAE, AKG DSSR, DiffsOnline 3.91 30/90 LSD+BW cooler, C&R, Setrab, Accusump, AST 3-way+Swift, all Aurora PR+BW spherical, Vorshlag CPs, M3 brace+UR bar, ARC-8 18x8.5, 255 R1R, RB/CSL rotors, 135i calipers, RS29, RT700, Safecraft, OMP HTE-R+804F+QD Superquadro, 8pt cage+FIA, Braille, RT DL1Mk3
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 07:14 PM   #15
Brule
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
136
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92 6sp man
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Darwin

iTrader: (0)

I have whine I decel also now.

It has subframe, diff and trans polyurethane bushings.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #16
justpete
Brigadier General
United_States
688
Rep
3,559
Posts

Drives: '11 328i '16 550i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 328i  [4.33]
2016 BMW 550i  [4.12]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
I have whine I decel also now.

It has subframe, diff and trans polyurethane bushings.
Didn't you say you have the Whiteline inserts? Regardless, if solid aluminum RSBs don't increase NVH, something's not quite right if Whiteline inserts do, seems to me anyway.

Last edited by justpete; 04-07-2017 at 04:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 03:40 PM   #17
davidwarren
Captain
davidwarren's Avatar
91
Rep
617
Posts

Drives: 01 325 06 325 10 335 14 X5
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Louisville, ky

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brule View Post
I have whine I decel also now.

It has subframe, diff and trans polyurethane bushings.
I would at least try the e46 M or the 034 trans mounts. my poly trans mounts were very loud.
__________________
2010 335i e90 Le Mans Blue/Chestnut Brown | M-Sport | 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2017, 05:46 AM   #18
Brule
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
136
Rep
1,787
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92 6sp man
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Darwin

iTrader: (0)

I've got whiteline subframe and diff bushings.
Rogue trans mounts
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2017, 07:07 AM   #19
bNks334
Captain
bNks334's Avatar
180
Rep
834
Posts

Drives: '11 135i (N55)
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwarren View Post
I would at least try the e46 M or the 034 trans mounts. my poly trans mounts were very loud.
+1 the uuc red "race" transmission bushings are no joke. I just moved from m3 bushings to the uuc red and it is literally a raceway now. You feel and hear every bit of vibration from the trans. Not very good for a daily.

Problem is the m3 trans bushings were still a bit notch when shifting while turning. Race bushings are solid and always provide for a crisp shift.
__________________
135i: VRSF DP, Stage 2+, Kerscher +15mm fenders, Kosei K8R 255/40/17 RS3, M3 control arms, UUC trans mounts, DV+, Whiteline RSFB, 5" intercooler, Charge Pipe, Deka ETX30L, UUC SSK, H&R FSB, YCW Coilovers 6k/12k Awaiting Install: 335is clutch, SMFW, 034 Engine mounts, Rear upper shock mounts
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2017, 02:25 PM   #20
feuer
Brigadier General
feuer's Avatar
United_States
816
Rep
3,993
Posts

Drives: wife crazy!
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
+1 the uuc red "race" transmission bushings are no joke. I just moved from m3 bushings to the uuc red and it is literally a raceway now. You feel and hear every bit of vibration from the trans. Not very good for a daily.

Problem is the m3 trans bushings were still a bit notch when shifting while turning. Race bushings are solid and always provide for a crisp shift.
I been happy with these:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1253714
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 10:22 AM   #21
Prev
New Member
Prev's Avatar
Guernsey
4
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2009 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Guernsey C.I

iTrader: (0)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but i've got a E92 335 as well. Did a couple of trackdays in it stock other than yokohama ad08r's and a stage 1 tune last year to get a feel for the car. I'm in the process of ordering an MFactory LSD as that is top of the list of musts.

Now looking at the list above (First post), is that a good basis of what to change on the car? I prob won't go down the coilover route just yet, but the car has got the msport suspension which I felt was pretty good. Gave good handling and kept me on the pace hunting porsches and the japs at Le Mans.

I don't mind creating a new thread if need be.
__________________
2009 - E92 335i with a touch of MHD.
Previous:
2007 - MK1 Mazdaspeed3
1997 - Nissan R33 Skyline GTR V-Spec
2000 - Nissan Patrol LWB
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 01:05 PM   #22
Rezinator
Private First Class
United_States
9
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: NE

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prev View Post
Sorry to hijack the thread, but i've got a E92 335 as well. Did a couple of trackdays in it stock other than yokohama ad08r's and a stage 1 tune last year to get a feel for the car. I'm in the process of ordering an MFactory LSD as that is top of the list of musts.

Now looking at the list above (First post), is that a good basis of what to change on the car? I prob won't go down the coilover route just yet, but the car has got the msport suspension which I felt was pretty good. Gave good handling and kept me on the pace hunting porsches and the japs at Le Mans.

I don't mind creating a new thread if need be.


I would stay away from MFactory, get Quaife or Wavetrac.
I upgraded my Msport suspension to BMW performance suspension and am very happy with it. Have Quaife lsd with M3 bushings, good compromise of daily drive quality and some track time.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST