E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > LA Area CCC Firmware Upgrade

09-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
NEFARIOUS
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 330xi Sedan

Garage List
Send a message via ICQ to NEFARIOUS Send a message via AIM to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Yahoo to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Skype™ to NEFARIOUS
LA Area CCC Firmware Upgrade

Hi:

I have the 330xi, Built 03/06 with CCC. I read some posts where the latest version reduces lag and makes it more intuitive (e.g. the nav arrow issue), but the Shelly stealership wants $140 (or so) for labor even with a relevant TSB, and an additional $200 or so if the manager didn't approve the comp. WTF?!? I thought TSBs made repairs free, but anyway...

...Is anyone with the latest software / firmware for CCC willing to either do an update for free or a price significantly lower than the above price (like $20 or a 12-pack of beer)? As an IT Tech I don't see what's so hard about hooking a car up to a computer and launching an FW upgrade (or if there's a way to do it via bootable DVD and send me the files even better! I'm still learning all this and would probably be able to figure it out if given enough time, but right now I've been busy and still learning all this so bear with me, even if what I'm asking is .

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
nate5ks
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

The reason people charge for this is because it takes somewhat expensive equipment to do. Either an icom or opps head is required with MOST connection or you will screw up your nav system. The files themselves are not hard to come by, they are posted in the coding section. Try there for more hits. Unfortunately I live nowhere near you and I don't ship out my icom.
Appreciate 0