E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Battery Cable Question (not DIY)

07-11-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
hernacec
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 335i

Battery Cable Question (not DIY)

[IMG][/IMG]

Where does this cable connect to? I can't seem to find anywhere it goes. It was just tucked away unplugged when I replaced my battery. Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #2
nilesd22
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

I'm having the same issue! does your car sometimes not start? mine doesn't start, i have to wait about 15mins for it to start, and even then, it loses time and date settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2016, 11:10 PM   #3
hernacec
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesd22
I'm having the same issue! does your car sometimes not start? mine doesn't start, i have to wait about 15mins for it to start, and even then, it loses time and date settings.
I recently had to change my battery because it completely just got drained and I would have to jump my car if I didn't turn it on for more than 2 days. But it's got a new one in there now and hopefully it's not a bust like the old one.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 08:56 PM   #4
Official NOCO
NoCo's Marketing Pawn
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mazda6 GT - I mean a BMW?

This is just a guess but it might be for an additional accessory or maybe a backup battery type of thing? Is the car is running fine?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 09:16 PM   #5
hernacec
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official NOCO
This is just a guess but it might be for an additional accessory or maybe a backup battery type of thing? Is the car is running fine?
Yeah my car runs fine, I just noticed it whenever I was changing my battery that it was just tucked away unplugged and I thought maybe I had unplugged it and I couldn't find a place where t would go. I guess it's for an accessory or something lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2016, 10:43 PM   #6
Mudd46738
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

My car sometimes would not start no matter what I did. No clicks or anything except the fuel pump would run for a short time. But then other times, no rhyme or reason, would start perfectly. I could not count on this car to farther than I could walk. Frustrated I came here looking for answers. Nothing worked!! I did question that loose cable in the battery compartment. Never really did get an answer that I believed to be truth. So I ended up getting it started and delivered it to the local dealer. After a couple of days and a few parts swapped they found that the ground strap had some corrosion and was promptly replaced. The car starts like a champ. Looking back at all the weird things that were happening in the few weeks prior like the air just slowing down when I needed it the most or the SOS message displayed. I wonder if that could all be caused by the strap? Sorry for taking a turn in your thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2016, 01:46 PM   #7
PhaseP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325XI

It doesn't connect to anything. There is a similar one under the back seat that doesn't connect to anything. Some say it is used during transportation from factory
Appreciate 0