E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > DVLA and a cherished transfer

06-06-2007, 04:39 AM   #1
stevie996
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: Mercedes Benz E250 CDI AMG

DVLA and a cherished transfer

Is anybody having trouble with the DVLA and a cherished transfer?

My new car has been sat at the dealership for 2 weeks waiting for the w*****s at the DVLA to get up off their a***s and process the transfer and registration.

I have never known this to take so long.

Is anybody else experiencing this frustration?

Steve Cox
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 04:58 AM   #2
stevew
Private
Rep

Drives: 2009 E92 325i M-Sport

I had the same problem with the useless t***s at the dvla back in Dec. when I got mine. The dealer kept going in at their appointed slot to collect the docs. but each time it wasn't ready. The day they promised delivery I took a day off to collect the car & go for a spin etc & at 9.30 the dealer rang & told me that the dvla had let them down.

I ripped into the c**t cos they new on the Friday that the tax wasn't sorted but didn't let me know until so I wasted a days holiday :mad:

I made the f*****s deliver the car to me a couple of days later on a trailer & collect my part ex at the same time. Strictly speaking it wasn't the dealers fault but I was mightily p****d off with him cos he could have let me know earlier.

No consolation I know but at least you know you're not the only one who has had problems with the dvla
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
330cdsport
Right Responsible
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: AW F21 M135i

Garage List
My problem was not with the DVLA but the post office. I sent my personal reg document to the dealer via 1st class recorded delivery and it still did not arrive after 1 week. I then ordered a duplicate rendering the original void as I was sure the original was lost.... but then the bloody original arrived. AARRGGHHH!!! The dealer had to wait then for the duplicate to arrive as the original was now void. Another fortnight was needed for the DVLA to turn around the document so that the car could be registered.

The dealer told me that they used to be able to just take the reg document into the DVLA and get the car registered there and then, but now it has to be posted and takes 10 working days to process.

Now that is progress for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my new car lay at the dealers for 3 weeks all lonely and feeling rejected.
T'was worth the wait though
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 07:00 AM   #4
miopyk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 987 Boxster & R56 Cooper S

I have to say I learnt my lesson on this subject a couple of years ago. This time around I did the transfer myself 6 weeks before my car was due to arrive. I then had the retention certificate to hand to the dealer for registration.

Miopyk
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
AndyB
It's got to be an "i"
Rep

Drives: E92 335i M Sport

I would have had the same problem but I got the dealer to register the car on a stock plate and my insurance to give me a cover note for both. SO I got my car on time and will go in and get the new tags and tax disc later..