E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Can I get this seat/seat cover replaced under warranty?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-08-2007, 08:31 AM   #45
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
 
tjnptel1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Norfolk, VA

Posts: 2,219
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
maybe he should get the seats reupholstered (sp?) with fur
__________________
Bottles are for babies, Real men get blown.
tjnptel1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #46
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
 
canucklion's Avatar
 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 10,454
iTrader: (9)

funny thing is even though the majority here votes against going to the dealership to have it replaced, I bet the OP is still going to try
__________________
canucklion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #47
poiney
Captain
 
Drives: 328i coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SJ

Posts: 798
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGP View Post
I am extremely disappointed with the leather in the driver seat of my 335i coupe. I have had this car since 4/26 and have 1100 miles on it. ALREADY the leather on the seat is wrinkling and distorting. The leather seats in my S4 which I have has for 3 1/2 years looks as good as new. No comments about "You should have gotten leatherette", because vinyl seats do not belong in $45k+ BMW. Plus leatherette doesn't come in Coral red.(enough said). I am very displeased with this condition. Just wondering who else has had this problem and whether BMW would replace it under warranty. I am going to push the issue because I feel this is unacceptable. BTW, I weigh 185 lbs.
I would be happy with your seat, although I know that pics can be deceiving.

My seat has a much larger "loose" wrinkle that appeared very quickly (couple of weeks after picking up car). The dealership acknowledged that my seat was worse than average, and simply advised to wait until closer to warrany expiration (which is the easiest fix). Note: I used a loaner while my car was getting serviced that had similar mileage and the leather was significantly better quality with no wrinkles whatsoever (this is 328i sedan, not coupe although don't see how that would matter). Luck of the draw.
poiney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2007, 09:06 AM   #48
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
 
canucklion's Avatar
 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 10,454
iTrader: (9)

I'm willing to wager the loaner vehicle you had was equipped with leatherette. Of all the loaner 3er I've had, all came with leathertte, dealerships' loaner cars are usually the base model
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiney View Post
I would be happy with your seat, although I know that pics can be deceiving.

My seat has a much larger "loose" wrinkle that appeared very quickly (couple of weeks after picking up car). The dealership acknowledged that my seat was worse than average, and simply advised to wait until closer to warrany expiration (which is the easiest fix). Note: I used a loaner while my car was getting serviced that had similar mileage and the leather was significantly better quality with no wrinkles whatsoever (this is 328i sedan, not coupe although don't see how that would matter). Luck of the draw.
__________________
canucklion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #49
poiney
Captain
 
Drives: 328i coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SJ

Posts: 798
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
I'm willing to wager the loaner vehicle you had was equipped with leatherette. Of all the loaner 3er I've had, all came with leathertte, dealerships' loaner cars are usually the base model

I wondered that myself at first, but I don't see how it could be:

1) It was gray leather and, for sedan it shows only beige and black are available

2) Has all of the premium packages. If you can order all premium package elements sourced individually and also get gray, but I doubt it..

BTW, there are plenty of new or relatively new leather car seats in the lot and they also look fairly pristine.
poiney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-08-2007, 09:32 AM   #50
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
 
canucklion's Avatar
 
Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 10,454
iTrader: (9)

hmm, your dealership's pretty well off then

do you recall seeing the double-stitching across the door panel (where the interior grab handle comes out of)? If it's double-stitched horizontally across the panel, then it's leather, if it's just a smooth panel, then it's leatherette
Quote:
Originally Posted by poiney View Post
I wondered that myself at first, but I don't see how it could be:

1) It was gray leather and, for sedan it shows only beige and black are available

2) Has all of the premium packages. If you can order all premium package elements sourced individually and also get gray, but I doubt it..

BTW, there are plenty of new or relatively new leather car seats in the lot and they also look fairly pristine.
__________________
canucklion is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2007, 12:00 AM   #51
poiney
Captain
 
Drives: 328i coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SJ

Posts: 798
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
hmm, your dealership's pretty well off then

do you recall seeing the double-stitching across the door panel (where the interior grab handle comes out of)? If it's double-stitched horizontally across the panel, then it's leather, if it's just a smooth panel, then it's leatherette
No clue, I didn't notice anything out of place. But doesn't the gray interior pretty much settle it?

BTW, the side bolsters seemed larger more like a sport seat as compared to my seat anyway, and the lumbar thingy seemed to have a lot more power. Overall, the seat was more satisfying in more ways than just the leather.Only slight negative is that the whip lash protector was too far forward.
poiney is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2007, 03:29 AM   #52
SoYank
Major General
 
SoYank's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brighton, Colorado

Posts: 7,496
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to SoYank Send a message via Skype™ to SoYank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer335i07 View Post
So Yank, can you read. Please re-read before posting stupid comments. I was not referring to my wife, if you know how to read, it says "And I weigh about 185 too".

Oh wait, I see why you posted that, your location says that you're Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe.

That's why. My bad.
Yes, I can read. Can you write? Can you spell? Can you even use proper punctuation? Are you colorblind? Are you capable of even quoting yourself exactly?

YOU might want to re-read what YOU wrote "before posting stupid comments". Notice that three letter word at the end of your comment? It means "also". Early in your post's paragraph you were referring to your wife and then you mentioned your weight and added the "too". So, your paragraph's last sentence could be interpreted (as I did, facetiously [do you know what that word means, by chance?]) that the weights were the same.

If you make a closer examination of my comment it shows a bit of color involved. Note the application of red AND maroon in the original "And I weight about 185 too."? That was intentional. Notice also that I had the sarcasm icon strategically placed. I don't use those icons frivolously.

BTW, my forum name is SoYank, not So Yank. It's six consecutive letters, no spaces.
__________________
2009 E90 335i Montego Blue · Black Leather · Burl Walnut · 6MT · US Spec
SatNav • ZPP • ZCW • 6FL • TPMS • iDrive • PDC • HWS • Xenons • BMW Assist • Power Rear Sunshade • Logic 7
European Taillights • Rear Foglamp • OEM Alarm • PicoTray • DataToys XM-DVR • Multi-view Processor
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269

Last edited by SoYank; 06-09-2007 at 05:07 AM.
SoYank is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #53
AlB
Private First Class
 
AlB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i MT gry/blk
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SF

Posts: 187
iTrader: (1)

Wow thats really bad...what turned it all red like that? ;0)
AlB is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #54
Craigito
Captain
 
Craigito's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' E92 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 728
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Do you have any leather furniture atWhat you're seeing is completely normal. It will get even more pronounced over time. Leather is a natural material, and the way these seats are made, there is enough slack in the material to allow it to stretch and wrinkle naturally.

Saying it's not acceptable is like saying that it's not acceptable for the tread on your tires to wear over time....
home? If so, you should notice that it does the same thing.
I was thinking the same thing. Anyone who has leather furniture would know this is completely normal. I do agree that that the Audi's leather is extremely tight. Especially in the Recaros in the RS4's.
__________________
My Original Car 335I Coupe / Space / Black Dakota / Gray Poplar / ZSP / ZPP / Step / Paddles / Nav / Hot Seats / IPOD/ Xpel HL & Fogs/ 15% F1 Tint

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226259 (Stolen Car Thread ) http://craigsbmw-eurodelivery.blogspot.com (ED Trip)
Craigito is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST