E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit suspension and M3 subframe bushings installed - Review and Pics



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #23
Pynne
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW 320D 2008
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Aarhus, Denmark

Posts: 130
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tscdennab View Post
No experience with coilovers, but the spring rates of most coilovers are significantly higher so the shocks must be valved accordingly. However, I read great things about how the KW V1/V2/V3 or Weitec coilvers are tuned. They seem to be pretty confortable (from what I read). If I were to choose coilovers mostly for street, it would be KW or Weitec (or the cheaper AP). They are all identically tuned, but different in quality.

You can find the B12 Pro-Kit for 550EUR ex. VAT here:

http://www.tuningteiletotal.de
Ahh, didn't notice you wrote ex. VAT - the price listed on the site is incl. VAT
__________________
E90 320D 2008 Titan Silver | VMR VB3s 19" Gunmetal | MTEC V.3 | Xenon | PDC | Navigation Pro | iDrive | Bluetooth
Pynne is offline   Denmark
0
Reply With Quote
      04-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #24
tscdennab
Banned
 
Drives: BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Europe

Posts: 1,811
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW  [3.12]
New, better quality pics uploaded today in the first post replacing the smartphone ones...
tscdennab is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 08:24 AM   #25
cdgatti
Major
 
cdgatti's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY

Posts: 1,369
iTrader: (4)

TSC - Are you still enjoying the B12 kit - any more impressions now that you have lived with them for a few months?
cdgatti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #26
GMP Performance
Lieutenant Colonel
 
GMP Performance's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, E82 135I
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC

Posts: 1,781
iTrader: (1)

I'd also like to hear some impressions now that you have had the suspension for a while.

Also.. there is a US Vendor that carries the B12 Kit

But it's popularity usually leaves it on back order
GMP Performance is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #27
chatch10
Private First Class
 
chatch10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

I'm looking at this setup for the spring. Any change when you put on the non-RF summer tires?
chatch10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #28
cdgatti
Major
 
cdgatti's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY

Posts: 1,369
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscdennab View Post
New, better quality pics uploaded today in the first post replacing the smartphone ones...
TSC... did you use the Bilsteins valved for UK roads? Or just the general ones?
cdgatti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #29
BMW1983
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)

Decided to replace my sport suspension on my 2011 335d after 30K miles. Had Bilstein PSS10 (coilover) set up on my previous E90 - great amount of control and loved the monotube feel but the spring was pretty firm and overall most people felt the ride was too firm and stiff. Once I learned about the B12 set up it sounded right.

I was searching for a return of the solid, planted, communicative feel I enjoyed with the PSS10 set-up along with a bit quicker steering response and less sway/roll in the corners and less of a skipping sensation with chatter over bumps.

Essentially, all above desires were satisfied to an incredible degree with the B12 kit. My ride feels more athletic, composed, stable....but as well is just as if not more comfortable than with the stock sport suspension. I did not have to compromise comfort for performance --- actually gained in both areas. Very happy with this set up.
__________________
2014 BMW F700GS
2011 335d -
Black Sapphire Metallic/ZPP/ZSP/Bilstein B12 Suspension Pro-Kit/Nav/Harman Kardon/iPodUSB/Satellite
2007 328i - retired

Last edited by BMW1983; 12-07-2013 at 06:49 AM.
BMW1983 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-26-2014, 07:35 AM   #30
jjellyneck
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 335i MT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: TX

Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1983 View Post
Decided to replace my sport suspension on my 2011 335d after 30K miles. Had Bilstein PSS10 (coilover) set up on my previous E90 - great amount of control and loved the monotube feel but the spring was pretty firm and overall most people felt the ride was too firm and stiff. Once I learned about the B12 set up it sounded right.

I was searching for a return of the solid, planted, communicative feel I enjoyed with the PSS10 set-up along with a bit quicker steering response and less sway/roll in the corners and less of a skipping sensation with chatter over bumps.

Essentially, all above desires were satisfied to an incredible degree with the B12 kit. My ride feels more athletic, composed, stable....but as well is just as if not more comfortable than with the stock sport suspension. I did not have to compromise comfort for performance --- actually gained in both areas. Very happy with this set up.
I am also driving the Houston roads. How does the B12 handle the constant cracks and small bumps all over these roads vs PSS10 and stock sport suspensions? Sounds good, but want to confirm. Any downside you have found yet?
jjellyneck is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
D's Bimmer
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 827
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1983 View Post
Decided to replace my sport suspension on my 2011 335d after 30K miles. Had Bilstein PSS10 (coilover) set up on my previous E90 - great amount of control and loved the monotube feel but the spring was pretty firm and overall most people felt the ride was too firm and stiff. Once I learned about the B12 set up it sounded right.

I was searching for a return of the solid, planted, communicative feel I enjoyed with the PSS10 set-up along with a bit quicker steering response and less sway/roll in the corners and less of a skipping sensation with chatter over bumps.

Essentially, all above desires were satisfied to an incredible degree with the B12 kit. My ride feels more athletic, composed, stable....but as well is just as if not more comfortable than with the stock sport suspension. I did not have to compromise comfort for performance --- actually gained in both areas. Very happy with this set up.
I installed the B12 kit a month ago. How are you finding it after months on the road?

I am 80% there. I am still on winter run flats. Hoping that switching to my summer Michelin PSS's will soften it up just a little bit over city driving and I will be very happy.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport Sedan | Dinan Stage II Tune | Bilstein B12 l M3 Suspension Upgrade l BMW Performance Exhaust | BMW Performance Front Grill | OEM Euro M-Sport | 19" Volk Forged Performance ME's | JL Audio HD 900 | Morel Hybrid Components | JL Audio W3v3
D's Bimmer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #32
Timujin
First Lieutenant
 
Timujin's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

Posts: 345
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
Holy old thread.

Any updates on this?
__________________
Timujin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #33
cdgatti
Major
 
cdgatti's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 328i
Join Date: May 2011
Location: KY

Posts: 1,369
iTrader: (4)

one thing to be cognizant of when reading reviews of bilsteins is that when new they seem a little stiff/harsh. they break in over the first few weeks and then just get better and better. their design is so robust that they easily last 100K miles and reduce lateral motion so much better than other shocks that they reduce wear and tear on your other suspension components.

you can use the B8 shock set with lowering springs like the eibach pro kit or sport kit or the H&R springs OR you can use the B6 shocks with oem BMW springs either sport or non-sport.
cdgatti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #34
Nguyenhu0106
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, il

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Hello,
this is a repost that i did on another thread, i thought i might just add it to here.

i'm currently on the Bilstein b12 and i could not be happier. it rides like stock with much better dampening. this kit is composed of Eibach Pro kit springs and bilstein shocks. the best part about this is that they are not just off the shelf parts paired together.

Eibach was asked by bilstein to recreate the Pro kit springs with the same height but with linear spring rate but also maintain some progressive characteristics. These springs normally have progressive spring rates.
then Bilstein takes these springs and create custom valved shocks based on their testing.

At the end you get a very similar ride to the sport package but the dampening is much better and also you get maybe 10-20mm drop. in my opinion, i feel that overall... the ride is more comfortable than the sport suspension. Meaning there is less noise road noise, smaller bumps are absorbed ALOT better, under aggressive driving the car reacts faster, and on random potholes that i used to fear even idling over them because the crash noise that sounded like the wheel just fell in there are now handled without fear (i still idle or slowdown over them but no dramatic noise that made me cringe like before)
Attached Images
 
Nguyenhu0106 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #35
Timujin
First Lieutenant
 
Timujin's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

Posts: 345
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
Thanks for the information ^
__________________
Timujin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2014, 10:11 PM   #36
e90ben
Lieutenant
 
e90ben's Avatar
 
Drives: No more Beemer
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 468
iTrader: (7)

Nguyenhu0106

How many miles do you have on your setup?
e90ben is online now   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2014, 12:21 AM   #37
Nguyenhu0106
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, il

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90ben View Post
Nguyenhu0106

How many miles do you have on your setup?
It's been on there for about 2 months so imagine 2000 or so
Nguyenhu0106 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2014, 09:45 AM   #38
chatch10
Private First Class
 
chatch10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenhu0106 View Post
It's been on there for about 2 months so imagine 2000 or so
How much more has it settled since install? Do you have any closer pictures of the wheel gap? I'm just asking because I have the lowering perches installed and I wanted this kit, but I think it would make my front too low. So I would just put the stock perches back in when installing this kit. Thanks.
chatch10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #39
Nguyenhu0106
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, il

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch10 View Post
How much more has it settled since install? Do you have any closer pictures of the wheel gap? I'm just asking because I have the lowering perches installed and I wanted this kit, but I think it would make my front too low. So I would just put the stock perches back in when installing this kit. Thanks.
this came from another older post i did, as for pics it's really hard to get good picture of the gap because everything is black but i'll give it a try later today

hi guys, here is my car, the suspension has been on for about 2 months now, rides wonderful (like stock but better), and because of my wheel package it only rubs when i have a packed car on huge dips...
wheel specs are
225/35/19 (front) 19x9
255/30/19 (rear) 19x10
the wheel gap from the top of the tread to the upper fender is
front - 20 mm
rear - 10 mm

i don't think this suspension setup is raked at all, more of an even drop all around.
maybe it was just in my mind but i think it came down a tiny bit more after my alignment but it was probably the heat playing tricks on me.

Last edited by Nguyenhu0106; 08-20-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Nguyenhu0106 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #40
chatch10
Private First Class
 
chatch10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenhu0106 View Post
this came from another older post i did, as for pics it's really hard to get good picture of the gap because everything is black but i'll give it a try later today

hi guys, here is my car, the suspension has been on for about 2 months now, rides wonderful (like stock but better), and because of my wheel package it only rubs when i have a packed car on huge dips...
wheel specs are
225/35/19 (front) 19x9
255/30/19 (rear) 19x10
the wheel gap from the top of the tread to the upper fender is
front - 20 mm
rear - 10 mm

i don't think this suspension setup is raked at all, more of an even drop all around.
maybe it was just in my mind but i think it came down a tiny bit more after my alignment but it was probably the heat playing tricks on me.
Thanks for the response! What are the offsets on your wheels? I'm running fairly conservative offsets, but I did not want to run into the rubbing issue you described.
chatch10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2014, 09:56 AM   #41
Nguyenhu0106
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Chicago, il

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch10 View Post
Thanks for the response! What are the offsets on your wheels? I'm running fairly conservative offsets, but I did not want to run into the rubbing issue you described.
i believe the style 95 offset are 24 all around but the rubbing is not consistent and all the time.. only on the few instances and then it does..
Nguyenhu0106 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-21-2014, 12:45 PM   #42
chatch10
Private First Class
 
chatch10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Posts: 178
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyenhu0106 View Post
i believe the style 95 offset are 24 all around but the rubbing is not consistent and all the time.. only on the few instances and then it does..
Okay. Thanks! I think I should be fine then with my current setup.
chatch10 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #43
D's Bimmer
Captain
 
Drives: 2011 335i Sedan
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 827
iTrader: (1)

I am thoroughly loving my B12 setup. I get compliments on the stand often. It has dropped the car perfectly in my opinion. Any lower and real rubbing becoming an issue with my offsets. I think it is by far the best suspension value out there keeping in mind I only paid $830 for everything. The durability of Bilstein compared to any coil over under $2k is not really debatable. Have run coils before and I can say without a doubt this setup runs very strong.
D's Bimmer is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-25-2014, 11:25 AM   #44
Timujin
First Lieutenant
 
Timujin's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

Posts: 345
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
I am thoroughly loving my B12 setup. I get compliments on the stand often. It has dropped the car perfectly in my opinion. Any lower and real rubbing becoming an issue with my offsets. I think it is by far the best suspension value out there keeping in mind I only paid $830 for everything. The durability of Bilstein compared to any coil over under $2k is not really debatable. Have run coils before and I can say without a doubt this setup runs very strong.

Great information.
__________________
Timujin is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST