E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Really angry with the cops in my town.....



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #23
Denny347
Lieutenant
7

 
Drives: SGM 2006 330i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Indianapolis, IN


Posts: 590
iTrader: (0)

BMW's get special attention from me...but not to ticket them . What can I say...some cops are dicks. Small towns sometimes have more of them because they have nothing else better to do. Me, I stay busy enough with robberies, murders, thefts, to care much for traffic. I do like looking for stolen cars though. I was young once and with a lead foot. Got pulled over plenty of times. Some of those the officer was a dick. However, I deserved every ticket I got and even got a few warnings where I should have gotten a ticket.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #24
roundel335
Brigadier General
United_States
40

 
roundel335's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 335i Sedan, 11 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Leland, NC


Posts: 3,567
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
^ Yeah...but it's amazing how many "juveniles" there appear to be on this board. Hey - you guys who don't like cops and think they get away with everything should try doing a "ride-along" with a patrol officer sometime, particularly at night. That way you can get a more accurate perspective for what their job is like and maybe even engage in conversation about your experiences and find out why you were treated that way. They may have been directed to aggressively patrol certain areas at certain times or any number of reasons.

Or, you could try spending 10 years as a reserve officer like I did. See if you can make it through the academy (nights and weekends) and then work a few shifts a month. Might open your eyes (and mind) to a whole new perspective.
__________________

2013 F30 335i M-Sport 8AT/MPE/MPPK, 2011 128i M-sport Cabrio 6MT/PE
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #25
avocet
Lieutenant
6

 
Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vancouver bc


Posts: 556
iTrader: (0)

I don't hate cops. I just hate some of the people who are cops.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #26
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
22

 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA


Posts: 2,255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
BMW's get special attention from me...but not to ticket them . What can I say...some cops are dicks. Small towns sometimes have more of them because they have nothing else better to do. Me, I stay busy enough with robberies, murders, thefts, to care much for traffic. I do like looking for stolen cars though. I was young once and with a lead foot. Got pulled over plenty of times. Some of those the officer was a dick. However, I deserved every ticket I got and even got a few warnings where I should have gotten a ticket.
+1 Getting a ticket is the cost of doing business if you drive aggressivly.

Before anyone gets all pissed off they should think about all the times they did not get caught & most likely unless they are brain dead they are ahead of the game.
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
Cobra Coyote First Start.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #27
Bavarian13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
2

 
Drives: E90 335, E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Carmel


Posts: 252
iTrader: (0)

I would call the police and report him for aggressive driving...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #28
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
46

 
sammy_0559's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas


Posts: 1,946
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny347 View Post
BMW's get special attention from me...but not to ticket them . What can I say...some cops are dicks. Small towns sometimes have more of them because they have nothing else better to do. Me, I stay busy enough with robberies, murders, thefts, to care much for traffic. I do like looking for stolen cars though. I was young once and with a lead foot. Got pulled over plenty of times. Some of those the officer was a dick. However, I deserved every ticket I got and even got a few warnings where I should have gotten a ticket.
i have a question lol i always wanted to ask a cop this question!
as an 18 year old with these plates if you had the slightest feeling of giving me a warning would you change your mind completely and give me a ticket for for my plates? haha honestly!

P.S. i have never been given a warning even when i drove my 89 toyota pickup i guess its just me

Name:  IMG_0953.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  384.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:27 PM   #29
BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
11

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia


Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
i have a question lol i always wanted to ask a cop this question!
as an 18 year old with these plates if you had the slightest feeling of giving me a warning would you change your mind completely and give me a ticket for for my plates? haha honestly!

P.S. i have never been given a warning even when i drove my 89 toyota pickup i guess its just me

Attachment 656083
Personally, I couldn't care less about what your plates say. I've been a cop for 15 years and little things like that don't bother me. Granted, there are MANY cops out there, both young rookies and even more seasoned officers, that would get irritated by such plates.

The biggest factor on whether I would give you a ticket or not is your demeanor. I've stopped people doing 20+ mph over the limit and have walked away with just a friendly warning due to their well mannered behavior but on the other hand, I've stopped cars just to keep me busy and with no intentions whatsoever of writing a ticket and that person has driven away with multiple tickets.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:38 PM   #30
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
46

 
sammy_0559's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas


Posts: 1,946
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCop View Post
Personally, I couldn't care less about what your plates say. I've been a cop for 15 years and little things like that don't bother me. Granted, there are MANY cops out there, both young rookies and even more seasoned officers, that would get irritated by such plates.

The biggest factor on whether I would give you a ticket or not is your demeanor. I've stopped people doing 20+ mph over the limit and have walked away with just a friendly warning due to their well mannered behavior but on the other hand, I've stopped cars just to keep me busy and with no intentions whatsoever of writing a ticket and that person has driven away with multiple tickets.
Im always polite! turn my car off license and insurance ready, trying to have a smile on my face. i guess I'm always stuck with "dicks" i recently got pulled over by the same cop that gave me my first ticket ever.. 2 years later he says "nice car you were going 8+ here you go" LOL but my first one was 17 over. nd I'm 100% sure he remembered me.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #31
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
3

 
Pinarello Rider's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chesterfield, Virgineeee


Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)

You missed my point entirely. You don't need to brake the law for this to happen. You just need a cop with a quota to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wires View Post
Pretty sure if you broke the law, they have a right to ticket you. It's just a matter should they LET you brake the law since they are having a good day. Don't think there are many cops that pull people over, give an unjustified fine, and beat the sh*t out of you with the flashlight.

If you didn't break the law, fight the ticket. If you did, then suck it up and pay the fine. Pretty simple actually....

It's not like we live in a world without posted speeds/potential violations, etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #32
BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
11

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia


Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy_0559 View Post
Im always polite! turn my car off license and insurance ready, trying to have a smile on my face. i guess I'm always stuck with "dicks" i recently got pulled over by the same cop that gave me my first ticket ever.. 2 years later he says "nice car you were going 8+ here you go" LOL but my first one was 17 over. nd I'm 100% sure he remembered me.
That sucks bro, especially if you are always polite. Like I said, I know for a fact that there are many cops that are dicks, no denying that. It's like everything in life, there will always be assholes everywhere, in any job, but trust me, the good cops outnumber the bad ones by A TON!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #33
BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
11

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia


Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
You missed my point entirely. You don't need to brake the law for this to happen. You just need a cop with a quota to meet.
Believe it or not, "quotas" do exist. Especially in a county like Chesterfield, where it's all about the county and revenues, but don't blame the cops, they are just doing their jobs and if the County who is their employer needs revenue, they will need to write tickets in order to keep their supervisors off their backs.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #34
sammy_0559
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
46

 
sammy_0559's Avatar
 
Drives: e93 2008 Montego Metallic 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: FortWorth, Texas


Posts: 1,946
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [1.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCop View Post
That sucks bro, especially if you are always polite. Like I said, I know for a fact that there are many cops that are dicks, no denying that. It's like everything in life, there will always be assholes everywhere, in any job, but trust me, the good cops outnumber the bad ones by A TON!
i wish more cops like you existed!
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 05:51 PM   #35
korr
Captain
Kazakhstan
12

 
korr's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bergen / Jersey


Posts: 733
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCop View Post
That sucks bro, especially if you are always polite. Like I said, I know for a fact that there are many cops that are dicks, no denying that. It's like everything in life, there will always be assholes everywhere, in any job, but trust me, the good cops outnumber the bad ones by A TON!
Some cops are indeed assholes. But like BimmerCop said, the good ones outnumber the bad ones. And after driving in another country for 6 months, where the only time you'll see a cop is during rush hour, or when they go around ticketing illegal parked cars, and seeing people drive like maniacs and have no regards for the traffic law, you will really appreciate the cops in the states, Where they actually enforce the laws. And make the streets safer for all everyone.
__________________
2011 E90 335i M-Sport BSM


Last edited by korr; 03-10-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 06:07 PM   #36
Pinarello Rider
Second Lieutenant
3

 
Pinarello Rider's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Chesterfield, Virgineeee


Posts: 269
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerCop View Post
Believe it or not, "quotas" do exist. Especially in a county like Chesterfield, where it's all about the county and revenues, but don't blame the cops, they are just doing their jobs and if the County who is their employer needs revenue, they will need to write tickets in order to keep their supervisors off their backs.
I get that, and it's a crying shame. And as the deadline for meeting the quotas approach, what falls in that net of "ticketable" suddenly gets bigger. In other words, what was acceptable yesterday, isn't acceptable today. The cops and the drivers are both the victims of a system that is completely jacked up.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #37
BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
11

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia


Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
I get that, and it's a crying shame. And as the deadline for meeting the quotas approach, what falls in that net of "ticketable" suddenly gets bigger. In other words, what was acceptable yesterday, isn't acceptable today. The cops and the drivers are both the victims of a system that is completely jacked up.
That sentence sums it all up! Google up CompStat... This has been implemented in Chesterfield and it's all about stats now. Just like factory workers working a production line have quotas to meet, cops now are accountable as well for the amount of traffic stops, tickets, DUIs and arrests being made per month. Don't produce numbers to their likings (supervision) and you will start getting written up for lack of production and not meeting expectations.

Like you said, where before people would never get written for petty tickets such as defective headlights or blown out license plate lights, not it's fair game because at the end of the month, a cop will want to have at LEAST, an average of 1 ticket per work day during the month and 1 DUI arrest per month as well. Officer discretion has to be reduced if you want to keep your job.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #38
BEAR-AvHistory
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
22

 
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 435M-Sport MPPK
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NC - USA


Posts: 2,255
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinarello Rider View Post
I get that, and it's a crying shame. And as the deadline for meeting the quotas approach, what falls in that net of "ticketable" suddenly gets bigger. In other words, what was acceptable yesterday, isn't acceptable today. The cops and the drivers are both the victims of a system that is completely jacked up.
Such is life. If you know the system then you also know when you need to be cautious.

There are pretty much no jobs anymore that donít have specific productivity quotas.
__________________
Kevin

2014 435M-Sport MPPK - 2013 135is Cab 6MT - 2009 V-Star FFR Cobra MK-IV work in progress
Cobra Coyote First Start.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #39
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
27

 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay


Posts: 2,255
iTrader: (8)

Otruba...

I'm not going to read this whole thread but based on what you wrote, it sounds like that officer was in hurry to get somewhere but didn't want to pass you (sounds like a dangerous road to pass). Who knows, maybe he's an idiot. Cops are just people trying to keep the community safe. As far as bitching about cops writing tickets, that's their job; kinda doubt very many love doing it. Call the PD and complain if it makes you feel better. Or better yet, smile and wave at a cop the next time you see one and thank him/her for what they do for YOU
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/M3 susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #40
BimmerCop
Banned
United_States
11

 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Virginia


Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Otruba...

I'm not going to read this whole thread but based on what you wrote, it sounds like that officer was in hurry to get somewhere but didn't want to pass you (sounds like a dangerous road to pass). Who knows, maybe he's an idiot. Cops are just people trying to keep the community safe. As far as bitching about cops writing tickets, that's their job; kinda doubt very many love doing it. Call the PD and complain if it makes you feel better. Or better yet, smile and wave at a cop the next time you see one and thank him/her for what they do for YOU
Amen! +1
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #41
Otruba_843
Major
United_States
22

 
Otruba_843's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Charleston, SC


Posts: 1,457
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
Otruba...

I'm not going to read this whole thread but based on what you wrote, it sounds like that officer was in hurry to get somewhere but didn't want to pass you (sounds like a dangerous road to pass). Who knows, maybe he's an idiot. Cops are just people trying to keep the community safe. As far as bitching about cops writing tickets, that's their job; kinda doubt very many love doing it. Call the PD and complain if it makes you feel better. Or better yet, smile and wave at a cop the next time you see one and thank him/her for what they do for YOU
was not really bashing the ticket, but if you lived where i live, you would be fed up with the police. I know they are there for the good, but most cops around here are egomaniac's. One night, i rode my bike over to my buds house in the neighborhood on the pathway and a cop wrote me a ticket at 8:00 pm for having no lights on the bike despite the fact the bike path does not go on the road.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
27

 
cvc 22349a's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SF Bay


Posts: 2,255
iTrader: (8)

My mistake. I've seen a few of these threads over the years and never chimed in. Don't know what to tell ya. Maybe the PD culture could be better in your city. If bike paths don't apply to your State's vehicle code or City's ordinances, fight the ticket. g/l
__________________
2007 E90 335i, TiAg, 6AT, ZPP, ZSP, ZCW, 6FL, HD
Quaife lsd, ETS fmic, GIAC s/w, Dinan intake/exhaust/oc, KW/M3 susp, Apex Arc 8, Mich PSS
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #43
nferber
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: '09 E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: MN


Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Well why don't you cry me a river... The cops are harassing me, waaaaah.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #44
dumped e92
New Member
0

 
dumped e92's Avatar
 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: brampton


Posts: 6
iTrader: (0)

go got to love the ones who are above the law
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST