E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help identifying radar system

08-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
jaybird1775

Drives: 2011 328i

Help identifying radar system

Hi,

So I'm currently looking at purchasing my first BMW, a 2011 328i. Great car, very clean, and low miles.

The biggest question I have about the car is the radar system is has installed by the previous owner. It's a concealed system, and I can see the detectors/jammers on the front behind the grill. On the interior there are two small red lights and a larger yellow light installed within the gauge cluster, and a speaker is installed close to the drivers grab handle under the headliner.

The only thing is I (or the dealer for that matter) can't seem to locate the controller, if there is one at all. I know with these types of systems there usually is one, but I don't know why it would be this tough to spot.

I know this isn't much to go on, but any guidance would be much appreciated.
jaybird1775 is offline   United_States
      08-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
techwhiz
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird1775 View Post
Hi,

So I'm currently looking at purchasing my first BMW, a 2011 328i. Great car, very clean, and low miles.

The biggest question I have about the car is the radar system is has installed by the previous owner. It's a concealed system, and I can see the detectors/jammers on the front behind the grill. On the interior there are two small red lights and a larger yellow light installed within the gauge cluster, and a speaker is installed close to the drivers grab handle under the headliner.

The only thing is I (or the dealer for that matter) can't seem to locate the controller, if there is one at all. I know with these types of systems there usually is one, but I don't know why it would be this tough to spot.

I know this isn't much to go on, but any guidance would be much appreciated.
Pictures????

Look under the dash for the controller.
      08-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
jaybird1775

Drives: 2011 328i

I don't have any pictures at the moment, but will look more closely when I go back. I tried feeling around under the dash, but to no avail
jaybird1775 is offline   United_States
      08-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
techwhiz
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird1775 View Post
I don't have any pictures at the moment, but will look more closely when I go back. I tried feeling around under the dash, but to no avail
You will need to drop the panel. Just feeling around won't do it.

You can't feel the brain for my Laser Interceptor. You can only see it if you drop the panel.

Anyway, need pictures to help you.