E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > engadget stitcher/idrive integration hands on video

03-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
beantown
First Lieutenant

Drives: 08 e92 335xi

engadget stitcher/idrive integration hands on video

BMW announced today at SXSW that it's teaming up with Stitcher to integrate the popular iPhone app's on-demand streaming functionality into vehicles equipped with the BMW Apps and Mini Connected technologies. We ran into BMW's Robert Passaro in the halls of Austin's Convention Center and he was kind enough to give us an exclusive demo of Stitcher inside a lovely BMW 650i convertible ahead of today's launch. Most of the iPhone app's features are available using the vehicle's infotainment system, including the ability to search, provide feedback ("More Like This" and "Listeners Also Like"), and create / remove custom stations -- album art is even displayed in high-resolution alongside show information. Take a look at our gallery below, then watch us tune Stitcher into the Engadget Mobile Podcast right from the BMW's center console in our hands-on video after the break.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/12/b...ands-on-video/

video on the page. looks good.
      03-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
SaMaster14
Major

Drives: 2012 BMW E92 335iS

Garage List
2012 BMW 335iS  [3.95]
Send a message via AIM to SaMaster14 Send a message via Skype™ to SaMaster14
Does BMW apps work with the iPad or the iPod Touch?
Does it need a service connection (if you don't have wifi all the time) to work? Or does it need specifically the iPhone to work?

This seems awesome, thanks for sharing!
SaMaster14 is offline   United_States
      03-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
doubleIN
atlien

Drives: '11 e90 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [4.25]
You need BMW Apps for this to work. Does anyone have BMW Apps? I think it uses your cell phone data plan, is that right? if so, do you find yourself blowing through your data plan if you're on a capped plan?