E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Valve cleaning/blasting



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #45
nicktyler
Major
 
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Essex

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
There is an old saying 'a redline a day keeps the carbon at bay' I may have just made that up but there is a lot to be said for a spirited drive everynow and then to give the carbon a harder time building up.
This! At least it's my excuse for thrashing it on a saturday morning when it has gone to the train station and back all week and hardly warmed up.

As said it won't clean the carbon though, just hopefully give it a tougher time taking hold in the first place.
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #46
idnan
Major
 
idnan's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 335i
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Birmingham

Posts: 1,397
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
This! At least it's my excuse for thrashing it on a saturday morning when it has gone to the train station and back all week and hardly warmed up.

As said it won't clean the carbon though, just hopefully give it a tougher time taking hold in the first place.
+1, I make sure my car is warmed up thoroughly every day and I take it to the upper rpm rev ranges. At 80k, my valves were in excellent condition and you could see more metal than carbon.
idnan is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #47
nicktyler
Major
 
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Essex

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
So I was talking to a garage that is considering buying one of the Terraclean DI machines but was not sure if there would be enough interest. I think it is still something that most (apart from us forum 'enthusiasts') are pretty unawaer of.

The machine is surprisingly expensive, 7k for the petrol and Deisel together. maybe the wallnut blaster would be a better investment, does anybody know where you can get them from in the UK?

Who would be interested to get try the terraclean machine for ~130 a go at a garage just north of the Dartford crossing? Or interested in walnut blasting for that matter...
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #48
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,316
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
So I was talking to a garage that is considering buying one of the Terraclean DI machines but was not sure if there would be enough interest. I think it is still something that most (apart from us forum 'enthusiasts') are pretty unawaer of.

The machine is surprisingly expensive, 7k for the petrol and Deisel together. maybe the wallnut blaster would be a better investment, does anybody know where you can get them from in the UK?

Who would be interested to get try the terraclean machine for ~130 a go at a garage just north of the Dartford crossing? Or interested in walnut blasting for that matter...
Interested in walnut blasting, but only by darren wood or a reputable garage that knows the n54 inside out!
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #49
nicktyler
Major
 
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Essex

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
The garage is http://www.prestigevehiclerepairs.com/ who I hae been using for a long time now and am 100% confident thay know what they are doing with regards to the N54. They are just not sure there is enough awareness or interest to warrant spending 7k+vat on the machine.
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2013, 09:28 AM   #50
Josh1a1h
Brigadier General
 
Josh1a1h's Avatar
 
Drives: SB Pre-LCI 335i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North London

Posts: 3,266
iTrader: (2)

Loads of places offer terra clean already...
I really want to find someone to walnut blast my intake
__________________
| Resprayed Azurite Black Individual | Custom LED Headlights |
|1M Front & Custom Carbon splitter | M3 Side Skirts | CSL Boot | LCI Lights | Duke Dynamics Carbon Diffuser |
| Meister R Coilovers | Static + Cups | SSR Professor MS1 8.5"/10.5" 3-Piece Rims|
Josh1a1h is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #51
nicktyler
Major
 
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Essex

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
You will probably find that there are lots of places that offer Terraclean but not the DI specific application.
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #52
zltm089
Major General
 
zltm089's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON

Posts: 7,316
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
The garage is http://www.prestigevehiclerepairs.com/ who I hae been using for a long time now and am 100% confident thay know what they are doing with regards to the N54. They are just not sure there is enough awareness or interest to warrant spending 7k+vat on the machine.
I might get quote for changing the spark plugs and speak to them about the n54.

Anyone you can recommend in particular?
__________________

Current Car: E92 335i SE Dream Cars: AMG SL65 Black,GallardoSuperleggera, GTR 2012, Agera R, F430 Scuderia, DBS, EVO X FQ400, Lexus LFA, F10 M5, M4, GT3 RS4.0, Ferrari 458, Ferrari F12, R8 V10 plus, Jaguar F Type V8, Lamborghini LP700-4 Aventador, Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, C63 AMG Coupe Black, Vanquish 2012, Laferrari, GT3 991, McLaren 650s.
zltm089 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #53
nicktyler
Major
 
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Essex

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Yeah, ask for Nick who is the boss. Or if he is not available speak to Harry.

I will be down there later to try and see what has gone wrong with my instrument cluster.
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #54
Sparky68
Colonel
 
Sparky68's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

Posts: 2,824
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
I might get quote for changing the spark plugs and speak to them about the n54.

Anyone you can recommend in particular?
Spark plugs are a 40 minute job matey, even for me and that's saying something!
__________________


JB4 G5 iso - Borla Catback Exhaust - Active Autowerks Chargepipe and BOV - BMS Intake - Alpina Gearbox Flash - Apex Springs - Koni Shocks -BBS LM Reps Whiteline Rear subframe bushes BMS Meth kit waiting to go on
Sparky68 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2013, 08:44 AM   #55
nicktyler
Major
 
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Essex

Posts: 1,146
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Well it would be easy for you. Your name is Sparky!
nicktyler is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #56
Sparky68
Colonel
 
Sparky68's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i JB4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambs

Posts: 2,824
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
Well it would be easy for you. Your name is Sparky!
__________________


JB4 G5 iso - Borla Catback Exhaust - Active Autowerks Chargepipe and BOV - BMS Intake - Alpina Gearbox Flash - Apex Springs - Koni Shocks -BBS LM Reps Whiteline Rear subframe bushes BMS Meth kit waiting to go on
Sparky68 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST