E90Post

Bimmer Retrofit

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e90 2006 325i Sunroof Drain PROBLEM

03-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
bigturbovr
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: BMW, Bugatti, Bentley

Question e90 2006 325i Sunroof Drain PROBLEM

Does anyone know where the end of the sunroof drain is on the passenger side of the car ?

My issue:

Little damp on the right side of my carpet (passenger side) after rain or a hand wash. My educated guess is that it is due to the sunroof drain. I have no other issues with the car excepts this. Can someone point me to the right way ?

Also does anyone know if the drain tube is plastic or rubber ? I want to blow compressed air or fish gas eater string down it...

Thanks for the help !

-Chris
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
cole92
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: too much

Send a message via Skype™ to cole92
Check both of these.

1) Both plastic drains were clogged with debris. This may may have failed to purge water fast enough and allowed the water to overtake the heater. Probably only during a hard rain, or washing.

2) Under the plastic cowl, where it meets the windshield, there is a rubber, or silicon bead that is supposed to stop water intrusion under the cowl. In my case, this bead appeared compromised. I re-sealed by running a clear silicon bead along the edge of the cowl/windshield interface.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
bob.g
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2006 325xi

happened to me once in the winter,ice and slush built up near the wheels and the water couldn't drain. knocking the ice off solved it... but that might not be your issue. if the lines are clogged, shooting some compressed air through em might solve it.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
bigturbovr
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: BMW, Bugatti, Bentley

little bit of ran today i left the passenger mat up on the seat. Check hours later and nothing. Hmmmm im going to blow out the sunroof drain holes out just for extra precaution.

Does anyone know exactly where is the end of the drain tube to the ground ? I looked all around underneath the car near the front right wheel and nothing...thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
volkswackin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: too broke for a BMW

the tube is behind the fender liner...just blow compressed air down the tubes and it will clear them out. I have had one e90 where the tubes were damaged and to replace the sunroof drain tubes they have to be cut out of the pillar by a body shop...
Appreciate 0