E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Pics And Report On The 335d After 9k



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-12-2007, 06:51 AM   #23
skansa
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: Datsun Sunny
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Watford

Posts: 274
iTrader: (0)

lol. ok people speed but 160mph is friggin dum unless its on a track. what happens if u hit a dog or some animal? there is probably good reason why insurance for young drivers is soo high in top-end cars!
skansa is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 08:55 AM   #24
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
give up totally
DXB - I think the points you are missing are;

1. We were all young once, and I for one have owned or driven every performance car going. And yes, when I was in my early 20's I did some stupid things in cars - but the one thing I didnt do is write it up on a public forum, for all to see - Now that is very stupid. I for one have two children and value my life too much, to be driving round like a prat - which from your write ups, is what you seem to be doing. Sooner or later you ae going to get some responsibilities and look back and laugh at this, like we all have done a various stages in our lives.

2. You are in a very fortunate position, having full use of a 40k car to fly around in - but we do not want to here about every race you have had, how you are an amazing driver, how you have recorded the fasted 1/4 mile at Santa Pod (who cant drive fast in a straight line) or anything along these lines. And when we are not impressed by what you say, dont then start getting abusive(like a spoilt child), saying you are the best driver, we dont go over 100mph etc, that is just childish and ridiculous.

3. If you dont like this go on the american forum, they all loving chatting like children and boasting about their 'kills' - you should fit in just fine.

Please dont take this personally as it is not meant that way, drive safely and have resepct for others on the road and their view points on this forum

Oh and most of all enjoy the car.......safely:rocks:
Oli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #25
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliH View Post
DXB - I think the points you are missing are;

1. We were all young once, and I for one have owned or driven every performance car going. And yes, when I was in my early 20's I did some stupid things in cars - but the one thing I didnt do is write it up on a public forum, for all to see - Now that is very stupid. I for one have two children and value my life too much, to be driving round like a prat - which from your write ups, is what you seem to be doing. Sooner or later you ae going to get some responsibilities and look back and laugh at this, like we all have done a various stages in our lives.

2. You are in a very fortunate position, having full use of a 40k car to fly around in - but we do not want to here about every race you have had, how you are an amazing driver, how you have recorded the fasted 1/4 mile at Santa Pod (who cant drive fast in a straight line) or anything along these lines. And when we are not impressed by what you say, dont then start getting abusive(like a spoilt child), saying you are the best driver, we dont go over 100mph etc, that is just childish and ridiculous.

3. If you dont like this go on the american forum, they all loving chatting like children and boasting about their 'kills' - you should fit in just fine.

Please dont take this personally as it is not meant that way, drive safely and have resepct for others on the road and their view points on this forum

Oh and most of all enjoy the car.......safely:rocks:
Well said that man,or to make it easier for you dxb stop behaving like a TWAT!
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 11:30 AM   #26
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
Well said that man,or to make it easier for you dxb stop behaving like a TWAT!
Damn, why didnt I just say that
Oli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #27
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

I missed all this.

DX335d - is it not your car then?

Spirited driving is all well and good .. we were all young once.

I for one did 120mph in my Ford Cortina 1.6

But the roads were a lot quieter in those days and I didn't have access to a real performance car. Good job too, because I wasn't half as good a driver as I thought I was at the time.

Just stay safe and if you want to really go for it book yourself a trackday or a day at 'Palmer Motorsport Sensation'.

I've done the palmer day twice and I learned a hell of a lot about really driving at the limits of a car. Enough to know that only an idiot would do it on a road.
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 12:00 PM   #28
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
I for one did 120mph in my Ford Cortina 1.6
Liar......not possible
Oli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #29
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliH View Post
Liar......not possible
Funnily enough this is what my friend 'Big Tony' said "speaking a fellow owner of a 1.6 cortina".

There followed a brief demonstration of the cortina's vmax prowess on a long downhill section of the M62, which did indeed register 120mph on the speedo.

I am not certain that this would have been backed up by GPS (had it been invented).

Don't forget that this was in one of the last of the Mark V's with twin Weber Carbs and wooden 'Crusader' interior trim that I got from a scrapyard. :rocks:

__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #30
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

You re just showing off now - twin webers, wooden crusader interior...blah blah blah
Oli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #31
squeezebm
Colonel
 
Drives: Audi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Notts

Posts: 2,652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
Funnily enough this is what my friend 'Big Tony' said "speaking a fellow owner of a 1.6 cortina".

There followed a brief demonstration of the cortina's vmax prowess on a long downhill section of the M62, which did indeed register 120mph on the speedo.

I am not certain that this would have been backed up by GPS (had it been invented).

Don't forget that this was in one of the last of the Mark V's with twin Weber Carbs and wooden 'Crusader' interior trim that I got from a scrapyard. :rocks:

Sounds like one of the stories like my old fella's and his tuned up Hillman Imp doin' 130mph
Them were the days
squeezebm is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 01:23 PM   #32
ShereKhan
Captain
 
ShereKhan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDi SE
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bristol, UK

Posts: 995
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 E90 320si  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
i drive mine with common sense mate

howz the difference driving it 'like you stole it' different?
Driving like I stole it just means I red line it all the time.
Doesn't mean I race others on the public highway.
ShereKhan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #33
peterg1965
Brigadier General
 
peterg1965's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 X5 xdrive35d M Sport
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The place of dark satanic mills, UK

Posts: 4,128
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
Well said that man,or to make it easier for you dxb stop behaving like a TWAT!
I think that says it all...maybe just add 'spoilt brat'
peterg1965 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 02:41 PM   #34
peppernick
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335D, Z4M Roadster
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 350
iTrader: (0)

Oh man, what is this .......


Come along to one of our Ring trips .....





..... we are crazy
__________________
peppernick is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 03:22 PM   #35
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
Oh man, what is this .......


Come along to one of our Ring trips .....





..... we are crazy

Ah .. but it's allowed on the autobahn.
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 03:39 PM   #36
booforty
Major General
 
booforty's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London, UK

Posts: 8,813
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppernick View Post
Oh man, what is this .......


Come along to one of our Ring trips .....





..... we are crazy
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Ring Nick... Should be fun!
booforty is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #37
Oli
Campervan man
 
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: here, there, everywhere......

Posts: 2,667
iTrader: (1)

Good video, what size wheels are on that M3 cab(MAT) - 20's, it looks awesome
Oli is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 04:47 PM   #38
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
i wasnt out to try and impress anyone just wanted people to hear my story


anyhow, everyone now thinks im a chav twaT so be it...


its a great car and i love driving it every day... like i said its more mine than his! but ys i didnt pay for it and yes i aint on the log book? do i care? no not reallY!!

by the way i used to race karts proffesionally, same karts as a certain lewis hamilton did, never raced him myself as 'we' i say #we' i mean my father only spent 15k a year for 4 years on it, pro karting is expensive, hamilton has had 4mill spent on him in 10 years thanks to ron dennis

we beat many guys spending 100k a year on it!

had great time but run out of money, i can drive thats for sure, dosent mean everyone else around me can, thas why i should be carefull i spose
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #39
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterg1965 View Post
I think that says it all...maybe just add 'spoilt brat'
i aint spoilt NOT ONE BIT

you know nothing my friend

yes i live at home, saving for a deposit currenty

i take no money off my parents,

i have a good job, (civil engineer for balbour beatty)

30k a year is nothing compared to what you guys earn, and absolutely nothing to what my father earns, but its my own money i earn and it aint bad for a 23 yr old
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-12-2007, 06:46 PM   #40
- Paul -
Major General
 
- Paul -'s Avatar
 
Drives: see above.
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Yorkshire, UK

Posts: 7,253
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
30K is great for a 23yr old - you're doing very well.
__________________
- Paul - is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2007, 02:28 AM   #41
Scoot
Lieutenant
 
Scoot's Avatar
 
Drives: Audi A8 3.0tdi Quattro
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UK/Herefordshire

Posts: 458
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post

i can drive thats for sure, dosent mean everyone else around me can, thas why i should be carefull i spose

init !!!!!
Scoot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2007, 02:29 AM   #42
andy69
Second Lieutenant
 
andy69's Avatar
 
Drives: E90-320d
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Marbella, Spain

Posts: 286
iTrader: (0)

Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
i aint spoilt NOT ONE BIT

you know nothing my friend

yes i live at home, saving for a deposit currenty

i take no money off my parents,

i have a good job, (civil engineer for balbour beatty)

30k a year is nothing compared to what you guys earn, and absolutely nothing to what my father earns, but its my own money i earn and it aint bad for a 23 yr old
Just make sure you live long enough to enjoy it...like you said earlier it's what other's do on the road not you that's the problem, spend a day driving down here in Spain and you will see what I mean...good luck with the saving
andy69 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2007, 03:01 AM   #43
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

DXB, I too was earning 30K + at 23 but had the responsibilities that came along with not living at home. If I was in your position, living at home, a house deposit would be the last thing on my mind. I`d have the keys to a C4S and my name would be on the log book.

Why don`t you come along to a `ring trip ? There`s one next weekend, the EvoT boys are going again in July and there`ll prob. be another one Sept. time.
mikem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-13-2007, 04:34 AM   #44
rjs
Major
 
rjs's Avatar
 
Drives: E93 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK (West Mids)

Posts: 1,281
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
i aint spoilt NOT ONE BIT
C'mon now this isn't a personal attack in any way, but 3 mins before posting this you said your dad spent £60,000 over a 4 yr period for you to go racing & you also admit that he has practically given you a £40,000 car.

All parents spoil their children & i'm not saying there's anything wrong with it.

But, if you're not spoilt, what do you class as being spoilt then?
__________________

E93 M3
| Azurite Black | Extended Bamboo Leather | Piano Black Trim | 19" 220M Wheels | Shadowline Trim | Edition Grills
M DCT | HDD iDrive | EDC | Bluetooth | Front & Rear PDC | Heated Seats | DAB Radio | Hi-Fi Speakers | USB Audio | SmartTOP
rjs is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST