E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N52 PCV Vent hose to valve cover..how to remove?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-08-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
el_capitan
Second Lieutenant
 
el_capitan's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MW

Posts: 295
iTrader: (1)

N52 PCV Vent hose to valve cover..how to remove?

So in the process of removing this hose, it broke. Now I'm trying to remove the electrical connector..cant figure it out. The clearance to access is almost nothing. Can it be removed without pulling the intake manifold? Is the electrical connector just a push connector or is there a snap lock?



el_capitan is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
TheAxiom
Dyno whore
 
Drives: E90 6Spd ZSP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampa Florida

Posts: 1,570
iTrader: (1)

Looks like a snap lock. The top stub locks in with the connection - you'll have to "peel" them apart.
__________________
Style 161s 8.5 Square, Euro Intake with K&N, Cyba Scoops, 3 Stage manifold, OE tune.
TheAxiom is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
thomas88162
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Clinton, IN

Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

For future reference, the removal of the vent hose can be aided greatly by lightly applying a hose clamp around the part your are normally supposed to squeeze. Makes the removal process much smoother. As for the electrical connector, yes you need to raise the male side's plastic tab up to clear the "stump" depicted in the OP.
thomas88162 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,995
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Needle nose large pliers & careful giggle.
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: e46 m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #5
el_capitan
Second Lieutenant
 
el_capitan's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MW

Posts: 295
iTrader: (1)

Has anyone successfully repaired a broken hose? The connection to the valve cover broke off from the rest of the hose. This thing is such a pain in the ass to access, If I can just reseal it that would be great. I bought some silicone wrap and repair tape

http://www.amazon.com/3M-03625-Wrap-.../dp/B00G25GOCA
el_capitan is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2014, 02:49 PM   #6
thomas88162
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Clinton, IN

Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_capitan View Post
Has anyone successfully repaired a broken hose? The connection to the valve cover broke off from the rest of the hose. This thing is such a pain in the ass to access, If I can just reseal it that would be great. I bought some silicone wrap and repair tape

http://www.amazon.com/3M-03625-Wrap-.../dp/B00G25GOCA
You could just repair it, but frankly why not just buy a new hose? What are they? $10 if not, $20? plastic gets brittle over time.
thomas88162 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
7786
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Iowa

Posts: 103
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_capitan View Post
Has anyone successfully repaired a broken hose? The connection to the valve cover broke off from the rest of the hose. This thing is such a pain in the ass to access, If I can just reseal it that would be great. I bought some silicone wrap and repair tape

http://www.amazon.com/3M-03625-Wrap-.../dp/B00G25GOCA
Do you mind taking a pic of where it broke? I'm about to change my valve cover gasket this weekend and keep hearing about people breaking this hose, would be helpful to know exactly where they've been breaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas88162 View Post
You could just repair it, but frankly why not just buy a new hose? What are they? $10 if not, $20? plastic gets brittle over time.
Unfortunately it's a $50 part.
7786 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #8
thomas88162
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Clinton, IN

Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7786 View Post
Do you mind taking a pic of where it broke? I'm about to change my valve cover gasket this weekend and keep hearing about people breaking this hose, would be helpful to know exactly where they've been breaking.
Because of the combination that they are ROUGH with them and they get brittle. Trust me, the hose clamp trick REALLY does help. It makes you much less likely to get mean with it because it pops right off!


Quote:
Originally Posted by 7786 View Post
Unfortunately it's a $50 part.
Okay, I'll admit that is steep. I would still just replace it, biting the bullet. If you can come up with a leak free, lasting repair then go for it.
thomas88162 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2014, 08:33 PM   #9
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
 
mlifxs's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,661
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas88162
For future reference, the removal of the vent hose can be aided greatly by lightly applying a hose clamp around the part your are normally supposed to squeeze. Makes the removal process much smoother. As for the electrical connector, yes you need to raise the male side's plastic tab up to clear the "stump" depicted in the OP.
that is such a great idea.
__________________
AA Stage 2 - M3 control Arms FR - BMW PS2 - Dinan springs - APEX EC-7 - H&R front swaybar - GC street camber plates - Whiteline subframe inserts
mlifxs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #10
thomas88162
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 328i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Clinton, IN

Posts: 250
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
that is such a great idea.
At least using this method you won't be out a vent hose
thomas88162 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST