E90Post

GTB Performance

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Need help! Multiple Error Codes on 2008 e92

10-15-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
Cloudywolf
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Need help! Multiple Error Codes on 2008 e92

Hello everyone,

My car's check engine light flicked on at around 70k miles. I took it to a local shop and they ran a diagnostic and pulled a 29E0 - Mixture Control error code. They had no idea how to fix it and I was introduced to a BMW master tech who tried to diagnose my car. He determined that there was no vacuum leak and the problem would either be large carbon buildup or faulty injectors. He also said that I didn't qualify for the injector replacement because I was past 70k miles and quoted me 3.5k to replace all 6 injectors.

I got in touch with Ivan from Strasse Sports and did a walnut blasting. He told me that he couldn't guarantee it would fix the problem and I took a chance. While he was really friendly and walked me through the whole process, my car misfired as soon as I left the shop and I told Ivan that my engine light came back on. I have been unsuccessful in getting a hold of him since then, so I took it back to the first shop to diagnose and this time I got 3 more error codes along with the original 29E0:

29D1 - Combustion Misfire on Cylinder 5
29CD - Combustion Misfire on Cylinder 1
29CC - Combustion Misfire on Several Cylinders

Once in a blue moon my car would sputter during acceleration around 50-80 mph and the car would shake violently during idle, but I haven't been able to recreate that issue after a few weeks of driving and the car hasn't misfired since. Other than the annoying light, the car has been driving spectacularly.

Have any of you guys encountered anything similar to this, and how did you fix the issue? I did some research on the injectors and learned that there is a voluntary emissions recall for my model. I called the local dealership and gave them my VIN and they told me that my injectors were replaced in 09 and I would have to pay around 1.5k to replace them if they were faulty again. I bought my car used in late 2010 and replaced the HPFP under warranty in 2011. I checked under the hood and I couldn't find any SD 92-406 stickers indicating that the injectors were replaced under the recall. What gives!!
Cloudywolf is offline   United_States