E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > WTB: exhaust, wheels, etc.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

WTB: exhaust, wheels, etc.

Greetings,

New to the forum. Fiance just picked up a 335i, e92 (not xi). She's looking for the following:

- exhaust
- wheels
- black interior trim - has AL

Coils go on next week, and she's got some money to burn, so if you have anything, or have been looking to upgrade, let me know what you have.

Regarding exhaust: Doesn't have to be special, but does need to sound good and no drone

Wheels: No replicas. Preferably something with dish.

Thanks! nice forum you guys have here.

rennis
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
andybui82
Colonel
 
andybui82's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blop PNW branch

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (4)

tell your wife welcome to the forums im also from around kirkland! about the interior trim, the easiest route would be vinyl wrapping it. i got a few connects for that. feel free to PM me
__________________
Cars: SGM 325i (Retired) l BSM 135i (Retired) l SS to Gloss White S2000 (Retired) l Arctic White RS4 (Retired) l White GTi (retired) l AW 335d M-Sport
andybui82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybui82 View Post
tell your wife welcome to the forums im also from around kirkland! about the interior trim, the easiest route would be vinyl wrapping it. i got a few connects for that. feel free to PM me
thanks man. I will PM you as soon as the system allows me. Looks like that takes a few days to earn those rights.
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
jm3as
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2007 e92 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Renton, Wa

Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (4)

rennis, there's a mini 3 series bmw meet in factoria this saturday. there's a thread on here for it. you and your wife should swing by, get some modding ideas/looks and meet a few of us. there may also be a few people there with connections or parts for sale
__________________

facebook.com/jmeasphotography | jmeas.4ormat.com | IG: jmeasphotography
jm3as is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
atown88
Major
 
atown88's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,442
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm3as View Post
rennis, there's a mini 3 series bmw meet in factoria this saturday. there's a thread on here for it. you and your wife should swing by, get some modding ideas/looks and meet a few of us. there may also be a few people there with connections or parts for sale
+1

Join this group.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/275884832485445/

Events and things for sale will be posted on there more often than not.
atown88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

oh man...too bad I work on Saturdays this time of year or maybe we would.

These happen monthly?
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
atown88
Major
 
atown88's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,442
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
oh man...too bad I work on Saturdays this time of year or maybe we would.

These happen monthly?
So far yes. We've tried to do a monthly meet. So far so good. As far as exhaust recommendations, I may be biased but I'd go with the Performance Exhaust. No drone, and it's OEM!

atown88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
So far yes. We've tried to do a monthly meet. So far so good. As far as exhaust recommendations, I may be biased but I'd go with the Performance Exhaust. No drone, and it's OEM!
been reading up, and that exhaust seems highly desirable. I'd be all for it if there were any available locally. These don't seem to come up used too often though?
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
atown88
Major
 
atown88's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,442
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
been reading up, and that exhaust seems highly desirable. I'd be all for it if there were any available locally. These don't seem to come up used too often though?
Far from it! Once you go this route, you never go back. Maybe if you're returning a lease or something. Just order it from getbmwparts.com! Thats where I got mine.
atown88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
andybui82
Colonel
 
andybui82's Avatar
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Blop PNW branch

Posts: 2,464
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
been reading up, and that exhaust seems highly desirable. I'd be all for it if there were any available locally. These don't seem to come up used too often though?
i would go eisennmann if your fiance has got money to blow. or be like johnny and get an ericsson exhaust hahaha
__________________
Cars: SGM 325i (Retired) l BSM 135i (Retired) l SS to Gloss White S2000 (Retired) l Arctic White RS4 (Retired) l White GTi (retired) l AW 335d M-Sport
andybui82 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #11
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
Far from it! Once you go this route, you never go back. Maybe if you're returning a lease or something. Just order it from getbmwparts.com! Thats where I got mine.
I will check that out!
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Chicks-Love-Bimmers
Captain
 
Chicks-Love-Bimmers's Avatar
 
Drives: FBO 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bellevue, Washington

Posts: 739
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
For wrapping the interior or exterior, I highly recommend Mark Wu, great service & price. Check out facebook.com/W * U * W * R * A * P * S (Won't let me post the link for some reason)
__________________
Chicks-Love-Bimmers is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #13
wdlfbio
Captain
 
Drives: Z4 35is, 335xi, Chevy 2500Dmax
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maple Valley, WA

Posts: 758
iTrader: (1)

I can't believe nobody informed you of the required pic of your beauty. Both in your case.

Welcome aboard.
__________________
'08 Alpine white E92 M3 with DTC--Sold
'12 Alpine white E92 335 Xdrive with slush box
'07 Summit white Chevy 2500 HD Duramax/Allison
'12 Alpine white Z4 35is via EuroDelivery June 4th
wdlfbio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
I can't believe nobody informed you of the required pic of your beauty. Both in your case.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks man!

I'll let her share pics of the car. I'm not even sure if she has pics yet, but she'll be in here before long. I'm definitely the bigger forum whore in the family, but she's logged some hours in these pits...

Doubt you guys will get pics of her...she won't post them and if I do...welllll, not a great idea.



edit: I have pics of her E30 somewhere. I'll throw those up if I can find 'em
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #15
hun77777
Brigadier General
 
hun77777's Avatar
 
Drives: SG E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Seattle WA

Posts: 4,624
iTrader: (58)

what color?
__________________
SGE92TT......................... 12.331 Sec @ 117.89 Mph............................POWERED BY
l BMS DCI l HELIX IC l FORGE DVs l RR OCC & CP & SCOOPS l AR 3" DPs l AE QUADs l BLISTEIN PSS10 l P3 VENT GUAGE l VISHNU PROCEDE V4 AUTOTUNE l Lots of Window Stickers

hun77777 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #16
atown88
Major
 
atown88's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,442
iTrader: (0)

So shes a Bimmer fangirl? Good catch!
atown88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #17
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

Montego Blue Metallic (on caramel.)

such a great color. 2nd favorite blue behind Nogaro. (I am biased though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88
so she's a bimmer fangirl? good catch!
she has quickly become one! haha
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #18
jrusl12
Private First Class
 
Drives: 07 E92 335i JB/CR
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Puyallup, WA

Posts: 148
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to jrusl12
I haven't heard much for exhausts in person, so can't offer comparisons, but I really like my Autobahn Exotics Catless exhaust. It's fairly quiet and noninvasive when you're cruising and not driving the car hard, but gets loud and throaty once you get aggressive with the gas. I love it even more after putting AR downpipes on the car recently. It's a little pricey (I think $1800 MSRP), but you can occasionally find good used deals on the forums. I picked mine up off a local forum member for $1k about a year and a half ago.
jrusl12 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #19
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrusl12 View Post
I haven't heard much for exhausts in person, so can't offer comparisons, but I really like my Autobahn Exotics Catless exhaust. It's fairly quiet and noninvasive when you're cruising and not driving the car hard, but gets loud and throaty once you get aggressive with the gas. I love it even more after putting AR downpipes on the car recently. It's a little pricey (I think $1800 MSRP), but you can occasionally find good used deals on the forums. I picked mine up off a local forum member for $1k about a year and a half ago.
Thanks man. I'll keep my eye out for that too.

The BMW Perf. unit sure has a lot of fans...we'll see what she ends up with.

Just picked the car up from the dealer after getting tint, detailed, and front plate removed. I've always liked these cars on the road, but never paid terribly close attention to them. They're really beautiful. glad she got one.
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
atown88
Major
 
atown88's Avatar
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Seattle

Posts: 1,442
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennis View Post
Thanks man. I'll keep my eye out for that too.

The BMW Perf. unit sure has a lot of fans...we'll see what she ends up with.

Just picked the car up from the dealer after getting tint, detailed, and front plate removed. I've always liked these cars on the road, but never paid terribly close attention to them. They're really beautiful. glad she got one.
Whats funny is I never really noticed or cared for the e9x until I got one myself. I was always, e46 or nothing until two years ago.
atown88 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
Cavscorner
Private
 
Drives: Prius V
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

so exhaust, I am thinking the same route, but I noticed there is the bmw performance exhaust for about 1k or the m exhaust for 3k. Worth the - 20lbs difference?

Anyone have lift to install or is this a go to the dealer type thing?
Cavscorner is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-24-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
rennis
Lieutenant
 
rennis's Avatar
 
Drives: E70 5.0 & B5 S4
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kirkland

Posts: 514
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown88 View Post
Whats funny is I never really noticed or cared for the e9x until I got one myself. I was always, e46 or nothing until two years ago.
I've had several friends with E46 M3s so I've always had a thing for them (especially if supercharged.)

The E9X cars have been somewhat under the radar, but their original price probably had a lot to do with that. Now that the used values are coming down (good for us, bad for early buyers) they're getting a lot of looks by people who maybe have never owned a BMW before. If I was in the market for a new used car, these would be way high on the list.
rennis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST