E90Post

E92 Lighting

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > My 65K Mile Service

03-21-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
sle39lvr
Lieutenant

Drives: 08 328i

My 65K Mile Service

08 E90 328i - CPO 65K miles.

I called my local dealer for my 65K mile service. Service adviser informed me:

Oil Change - $150ish (Of course for oil change)

Brake Oil Fluash/Change - $150ish (I expect that, since she told me it was last done two years ago, and the price seems ok?)

Full Vehicle Check - $160ish (What is this? This is due to amber car outline icon on my dash, I've been told. What's involved in this? and do I really need this?)
      03-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
hudsmack
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post
08 E90 328i - CPO 65K miles.

I called my local dealer for my 65K mile service. Service adviser informed me:

Oil Change - $150ish (Of course for oil change)

Brake Oil Fluash/Change - $150ish (I expect that, since she told me it was last done two years ago, and the price seems ok?)

Full Vehicle Check - $160ish (What is this? This is due to amber car outline icon on my dash, I've been told. What's involved in this? and do I really need this?)
I just had a full vehicle inspection done and paid $189.00, so it sounds like a good deal. They do a full visual inspection, check for codes, check and verify all fluid levels, check all braking and suspension components, verify that all recalls have been completed, verify that software is up to date, review service history and more. It's a pretty thorough check-up. They found a few things with mine. I was glad I had it done.
      03-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #3
sle39lvr
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudsmack View Post
I just had a full vehicle inspection done and paid $189.00, so it sounds like a good deal. They do a full visual inspection, check for codes, check and verify all fluid levels, check all braking and suspension components, verify that all recalls have been completed, verify that software is up to date, review service history and more. It's a pretty thorough check-up. They found a few things with mine. I was glad I had it done.
Mine was CPO'ed only 15K miles ago, so I wonder if I really need it. If I don't get it, would it be held against me on a warranty issue?
      03-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Tom K.
Major General

Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sle39lvr View Post
Mine was CPO'ed only 15K miles ago, so I wonder if I really need it. If I don't get it, would it be held against me on a warranty issue?
The Inspection is a normal service requirement every 30,000 miles, so apparently it was not done at 60k. Brake flush is a two year item and then prices for both seem reasonable.

But the oil change should be close to $100.

According to page 8 of my CPO info booklet, the CPO warranty "does not apply to damage that results from ... lack of or improper maintenance".

Tom
Tom K. is offline   United_States
      03-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #5
DrivinMissDaisy
Lieutenant

Drives: 12 Kia Soul !

But if you do the oil change and brake fluid yourself, and have receipts, they cannot ding you for lack of maintanence.

I don't think CPO covers anything outside of the engine and trans, so why is the full service inspection needed. Due it your self. Fuilds and belts are easy to check and take 5 minutes.
      03-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #6
sle39lvr
Lieutenant

I was mainly questioning weather to do or not ..just the "Full Vehicle Inspection". The rest I do need to get done, and should be the dealer at this point.