E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > MHD Tune

04-10-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
SHEEDI
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i - Sport PKG

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.67]
MHD Tune

Guys,

I am looking into MHD Flash... Does any one locally have done MHD Flash tune and how do you like it so far?
      04-10-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
RVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI View Post
Guys,

I am looking into MHD Flash... Does any one locally have done MHD Flash tune and how do you like it so far?
I do. Depends on your mods and how properly maintained your n54 is honestly.

Half the people have high Mileage engine that haven't properly taken care of the engine resulting in weaker components failing and then complaining lol

But stage 1 is a great upgrade from stock
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 06:18 PM   #3
SHEEDI
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVS View Post

Half the people have high Mileage engine that haven't properly taken care of the engine resulting in weaker components failing and then complaining lol

Two weeks ago, I had done following

1. Walnut blasting
2. Ignition coils
3. sprak plugs
4. All fluids flushed
5. new brakes
6. oil change
7. wheel alignment done
8. Vanos were replaced few months ago

So my car is ready for tune beside oil catch can I dont have any other mmods, how much do you feel difference
      04-11-2016, 06:31 PM   #4
RVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI
Quote:

Two weeks ago, I had done following

1. Walnut blasting
2. Ignition coils
3. sprak plugs
4. All fluids flushed
5. new brakes
6. oil change
7. wheel alignment done
8. Vanos were replaced few months ago

So my car is ready for tune beside oil catch can I dont have any other mmods, how much do you feel difference
Then you are good to go. I have heard mixed reviews about oil catch cans. Not something I'd do.

Difference df say is day and night. If you really want to go crazy. Mix some e85 on the beta maps they have out. Also deff do the alpina flash.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 11:48 PM   #5
SHEEDI
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.67]
Quote:
Then you are good to go. I have heard mixed reviews about oil catch cans. Not something I'd do.

Difference df say is day and night. If you really want to go crazy. Mix some e85 on the beta maps they have out. Also deff do the alpina flash.
oil catch can does catch oil, which is good for our cars, after a year occ installation, it was half way full, so it does its job.

so for MHD, what do I need to get beside tune,can you please put the list together for me?
      04-12-2016, 12:00 AM   #6
RVS
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHEEDI
Quote:

oil catch can does catch oil, which is good for our cars, after a year occ installation, it was half way full, so it does its job.

so for MHD, what do I need to get beside tune,can you please put the list together for me?
You need an android tablet or phone that supports OTG. A OTG cable and a Dkan obd cable.

Goto the turbo section and look through the MHD Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #7
TomD335xicoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI coupe sport

I also have the MHD. Only other engine proformance mods are , OCC, DCI and 5" Stepped intercooler. I am in Weehawken NJ so local depending on area of NY you are in. You have covered all the maintenance so lets go.
Took me some time to gather parts as I am i Phone Apple user not android. bought a Lenovo 7" tablet about 80 bucks but you still need to buy the Micro SD card another 40 bucks on sale. Then figure out how android options work not so different by the way. Got the recomended cable as sugested on MHD thred by Marshal . Go to google play buy the app and stage one maps, i also bought the monitoring function not that i know how to reed the maps but WTF it is cheep. You have to be in the car and pluged into OBD port to buy this stuff as it is tied to VIN? So you need to be connected to the internet while in your car. If you don't have a battery charger, not the tender type, get a real one. Now you have the parts. I am old and totally hate computers, not kidding but they are a part of life now and I have learned to deal with them, so if you are anything like me this is the hard part. Oh no what if I FJHGGYBK this shit up. Just get over it the install is actually extremely easy and will most Likley not blow up your car. Watch a few videos and do it.
I first tuned with the stage one 93 octane map and recently moved up to stage one 93 with FMIC. Also pay attention to the trans map and select yours, if you are 6at no it does not flash the alpina flash it is tuned for it if you have it . Also I chose linier throttle for smoother delivery of power.
Now to the good stuff, you are not gonna believe what you have been missing, these cars are super fast And the tune realy works. I have no experience with the competition as after significant reviews and pricing I went directly to MHD. No joke these cars are fast, I have owned three NA 911's and this is quite a different power delivery system. Also Drove not owned a turbo 911s so don't think you will be there but for what we have you should be happy and great full.

Secondly as to above discussion about the OCC been a lot of talk about a second OCC on the PCV side seems interesting and waiting for my mechanic to give me his thoughts before getting it but looks like a great idea, check it out here and on N54 tech

Best of luck as I said I am in Jersey if you want to talk or see what's up, Tom
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 01:50 PM   #8
ard5040
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

My two cents regarding oil catch cans. I have one and also installed the RB upgraded pcv valve about nine months after the occ. With the RB pcv I have NO oil in the occ after 10k miles. Car has 128k miles, fbo with oem turbos running 18 psi. Definitely recommend the $60 pcv upgrade before , or in addition to, a $120 occ. 2.5 cents
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #9
SHEEDI
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [4.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomD335xicoupe View Post
I also have the MHD. Only other engine proformance mods are , OCC, DCI and 5" Stepped intercooler. I am in Weehawken NJ so local depending on area of NY you are in. You have covered all the maintenance so lets go.
Took me some time to gather parts as I am i Phone Apple user not android. bought a Lenovo 7" tablet about 80 bucks but you still need to buy the Micro SD card another 40 bucks on sale. Then figure out how android options work not so different by the way. Got the recomended cable as sugested on MHD thred by Marshal . Go to google play buy the app and stage one maps, i also bought the monitoring function not that i know how to reed the maps but WTF it is cheep. You have to be in the car and pluged into OBD port to buy this stuff as it is tied to VIN? So you need to be connected to the internet while in your car. If you don't have a battery charger, not the tender type, get a real one. Now you have the parts. I am old and totally hate computers, not kidding but they are a part of life now and I have learned to deal with them, so if you are anything like me this is the hard part. Oh no what if I FJHGGYBK this shit up. Just get over it the install is actually extremely easy and will most Likley not blow up your car. Watch a few videos and do it.
I first tuned with the stage one 93 octane map and recently moved up to stage one 93 with FMIC. Also pay attention to the trans map and select yours, if you are 6at no it does not flash the alpina flash it is tuned for it if you have it . Also I chose linier throttle for smoother delivery of power.
Now to the good stuff, you are not gonna believe what you have been missing, these cars are super fast And the tune realy works. I have no experience with the competition as after significant reviews and pricing I went directly to MHD. No joke these cars are fast, I have owned three NA 911's and this is quite a different power delivery system. Also Drove not owned a turbo 911s so don't think you will be there but for what we have you should be happy and great full.

Secondly as to above discussion about the OCC been a lot of talk about a second OCC on the PCV side seems interesting and waiting for my mechanic to give me his thoughts before getting it but looks like a great idea, check it out here and on N54 tech

Best of luck as I said I am in Jersey if you want to talk or see what's up, Tom
Thanks Tom, do you still have those cables and battery charger? I am in Queens
      04-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #10
TomD335xicoupe
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI coupe sport

Yes I still have everything I will send you a PM with my number call or text me after 930
Appreciate 0