E90Post

jb4store

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My Car Just Shipped ... It is Single Turbo Time For Me

05-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #199
Presidio335xi
Lieutenant

Drives: 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Boosted_IS View Post
How does everything look?

If you test the XI, a LOT of people will be watching!
Well besides the huge dent in the front bumper everything looked great

Car looked like it was just washed, rims were covered to prevent any possible scratches, and the turbo was installed in the right spot....so I'd say you are good to go!

I do want to be the XI tester but I'm getting married this summer and feel bad about spending more money on my car. But i've been known to be weak when it comes to the car. Will be interesting to see how the AST coilovers perform (i bought them after reading your review and was the first XI in the country to have them).
      05-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #200
BlackJetE90
Colonel

Drives: E90

Quote:
If anyone thinks they will get in a shop for a free single on the N54, then I would like to know where.
Free, nah don't think Shiv would give anyone a free kit. But a substantial discount, yes. You have gotten free parts in the past for your detailed reviews. Basically free advertising for the respective companies. I am sure you spend a great deal of time on your reviews, so I am not saying a free part here or there isn't deserved. But you are getting special treatment from Shiv, lets not make it like you are paying full blown retail.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #201
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Drives: 4 Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafoo View Post
Which suspension bits did you end up going with?
I have a ton of upgrades on my car. I have lower guide rods, M3 subframe bushings, diff bushings, AST coilovers, etc. I just want to get rid of that wheel hop.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #202
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
Free, nah don't think Shiv would give anyone a free kit. But a substantial discount, yes. You have gotten free parts in the past for your detailed reviews. Basically free advertising for the respective companies. I am sure you spend a great deal of time on your reviews, so I am not saying a free part here or there isn't deserved. But you are getting special treatment from Shiv, lets not make it like you are paying full blown retail.
BlackJet, I am receiving free parts for reviews huh? I have never given a positive review for parts in my life and there is not a single exception.

With respect to what I paid for this kit, would you like to make a small wager? I suggest a $1000 bet. We would both send our part of the wager via paypal to an agreed second party, then I will supply my credit card reciepts to prove what I paid. After receipts are supplied, then the second party would pay out the winner of the bet. What do you say?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #203
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presidio335xi View Post
Well besides the huge dent in the front bumper everything looked great

Car looked like it was just washed, rims were covered to prevent any possible scratches, and the turbo was installed in the right spot....so I'd say you are good to go!

I do want to be the XI tester but I'm getting married this summer and feel bad about spending more money on my car. But i've been known to be weak when it comes to the car. Will be interesting to see how the AST coilovers perform (i bought them after reading your review and was the first XI in the country to have them).
The car should be up and running soon, so we will see on the AST. LOL on the dent!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #204
nafoo
Major
United_States

Drives: Boosted Bimmer

Quote:
BlackJet, I am receiving free parts for reviews huh? I have never given a positive review for parts in my life and there is not a single exception.

With respect to what I paid for this kit, would you like to make a small wager? I suggest a $1000 bet. We would both send our part of the wager via paypal to an agreed second party, then I will supply my credit card reciepts to prove what I paid. After receipts are supplied, then the second party would pay out the winner of the bet. What do you say?
I'll be your second party. DIBS
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #205
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States

Drives: X1, 335i

Quote:
Not sure how relevant this is to you but FBIS is getting the same deal as the other handful of local testers. The only real "discount" is in the installation labor which we are happy to absorb seeing how we used his car to finalize system fitment/fixtures. I suggest taking a break from your ill-founded accusations/assumptions as they really don't contribute to anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #206
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
Not sure how relevant this is to you but FBIS is getting the same deal as the other handful of local testers. The only real "discount" is in the installation labor which we are happy to absorb seeing how we used his car to finalize system fitment/fixtures. I suggest taking a break from your ill-founded accusations/assumptions as they really don't contribute to anything.
Shiv, I hear FFTEC is starting my car in the next day or so. I assume you will take over and start the tuning shortly?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #207
BlackJetE90
Colonel

Quote:
Yes, another vendor has stated they have given you free products on another forum. Straight from the horses mouth. Are they lying? In a roundabout way you get paid for your reviews, whether with a discount or free product. This doesn't make you have a bias either, if you don't like something you state it in your review. But usually the company believes in their product so they aren't worried.

Quote:
So whats the bet exactly? Whether you are paying full blown retail?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #208
nafoo
Major
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
So what you are saying is what FBIS paid is pretty close to how much the kit costs without installation minus whatever extra he paid for the suspension parts installation?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #209
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Quote:
Yes, another vendor has stated they have given you free products on another forum. Straight from the horses mouth. Are they lying? In a roundabout way you get paid for your reviews, whether with a discount or free product. This doesn't make you have a bias either, if you don't like something you state it in your review. But usually the company believes in their product so they aren't worried.

So whats the bet exactly? Whether you are paying full blown retail?
The funny thing is only now that I am going with a single and it is getting tuned by Shiv, I am getting accused of things on my reviews. Odd huh? If anyone has ready any of my reviews, then they know I support everything with tons of data. There reviews speak for themselves.

The bet is I am paying exact retail for the kit. I would love your money if you are willing to take the bet.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #210
Carl Morris
Captain

Drives: 2008 335xi 6MT

Seems kind of dangerous until we actually know what retail is.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #211
BlackJetE90
Colonel

Quote:
The funny thing is only now that I am going with a single and it is getting tuned by Shiv, I am getting accused of things on my reviews. Odd huh? If anyone has ready any of my reviews, then they know I support everything with tons of data. There reviews speak for themselves.
Never said anything bad about your reviews or said you had any bias in them. I guess what was stated was correct info.

Quote:
The bet is I am paying exact retail for the kit. I would love your money if you are willing to take the bet.
Once Shiv releases pricing, we will see.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #212
805beemer
Captain
United_States

Drives: 2008 135i

Why anyone would pay retail, or close to it to be the single turbo guinea pig is beyond me. Some people just have more money the sense I guess.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #213
E90SoFlo
Banned

Drives: E90 335i

Someone step up and pay the man so we all know how much full retail is.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #214
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Quote:
Never said anything bad about your reviews or said you had any bias in them. I guess what was stated was correct info.

So I assume you won't take the bet then? Please do not make any accusations in the future then because honestly that is not fair. I don't think that is much to ask since I am willing to prove I paid retail.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #215
phazen23
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 335xi

Quote:

Forgive me for not understanding, these are actual serious questions..

What exactly is your point in general here? Are you trying to claim that FBIS's review will be bias? Are you trying to claim the respect he has here is not deserved? Are you trying to get the flaming wars for Shiv's kit pricing started early? I really have no idea what your actual point here is. All I see is a bunch of uniformed finger pointing.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #216
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805beemer View Post
Why anyone would pay retail, or close to it to be the single turbo guinea pig is beyond me. Some people just have more money the sense I guess.
I have tested a ton of products on this car. This is no different in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:03 PM   #217
nafoo
Major
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 805beemer View Post
Free or reduced labor costs on the actual install and tuning? That's a LOT of $$$ right there.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #218
BobS
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: M3

It does raise a question as to how honest the review is when someone gets a discount, no one can deny that. If there is supporting evidence and analysis in the review than it def holds more credibility...So let's see the review

Evolve Supercharged E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:08 PM   #219
Former_Boosted_IS
Major General

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobS View Post
It does raise a question as to how honest the review is when someone gets a discount, no one can deny that. If there is supporting evidence and analysis in the review than it def holds more credibility...
BobS, please check some of my other reviews...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...itrous+express

How in the world can someone say I write a review without supporting evidence??? I have written reviews that took a ton of work and time to write. Everything I write has supporting data. I will have VBOX data (bought specifically for this review), my own FJO wideband data, I will have independent dyno info, Go Pro video, and logs to show you what this kit can do. I have said this before and I will say it again, I could care less what anyone buys. I am simply writing a review to give you the info necessary to decide what is best for your needs. Nothing more.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #220
BobS
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: M3

I never said u don't. I'm saying if there wasn't any I could see how people would be suspicious, as I said, let's wait for your review.

Honestly though I would expect the guinea pigs to get a discount of some sort, why wouldn't you.

Evolve Supercharged E92 M3
Appreciate 0