E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Alabama peeps!

04-01-2012, 08:50 AM   #1
MMMCOOKIES335...
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 335i M-sport Lemans

Alabama peeps!

Howdy guys,

Figured this would be the best section to put it in. My wife and I will be moving down to Hoover, AL in July/August for a job promotion my wife has been offered and our Realtor has been showing us quite a few homes in Ross Bridge. We have yet to fly down and physically look at homes but was wondering if anyone on the boards A: lives in Ross bridge, and B: is it all it's cracked up to be? any input would be appreciated! Looking forward to moving closer to barber Motorsport! Currently live about an hour and a half from VIR so living 20 or so minutes from Barber would be awesome

Hope to see some of you down in the Bham/Hoover area here shortly!!

Tom
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
wtfmarine
Pro/Am Cat wrangler
Rep

Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
You can't go wrong with Hoover. I can't say exactly how nice Ross Bridge is, but I can't think of a bad part of Hoover. Barber Motorsports is next to Leeds which is east of Birmingham and is right next to a brand new Bass Pro store. Birmingham does have its rough side and Hoover is connected to Birmingham so keep that in mind. Welcome to Alabama you picked a good spot.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Bamaben
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 07 335i blk/blk/alum 6MT

I live a few miles from Ross Bridge and Oktoberfest car show was held there last year and the Regions golf classic is held there so It is very upscale. The houses are very nice. Once you move in post here about meeting up with a few members and we can get you connected around town.

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at him-- Jack Handey

mods: blackout grill, finishing rods, badges, Blacklines.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
Bamaben
Lieutenant
Rep

Oh forgot to mention I'm at Barbers as I type this for the Indy race. So yeah, you'll like Hoover

It takes a big man to cry. It takes an even bigger man to laugh at him-- Jack Handey

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
dAng! E90
The bigger they are...
United_States
Rep

Drives: Jet Black '07 335i

I was at the Barber race also, Bamaben told me to chime in here and let you know a few things.

First of all, my mother lives in Ross Bridge. It is a very high class community. The people and area are all very nice. As Ben said, they hold golf tournaments and several other events at Ross Bridge. I'm just going to be honest, Ross Bridge is a great place to live IF...you don't mind going by there rules. Your lawn has to be maintained, there are things you can and can't put on your house or lawn. Everything has to be how they want it. That is the reason the community stays soooooo nice. It is one of the cleanest and safest places you will ever see. So basically, if you like lawn work and outdoor upkeep, it's a great place for you.

It'll be great to meet you once you are here. Please keep us updated on your move.
219M Wheels, MMW CF Lip, Shadowline Taillights, Vishnu Procede, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, Aasco LW Flywheel, South Bend Clutch, Turner 90mm Studs, Stoptech pads rotors and lines, BMS LED Tag Lights, BMS Clutch Stop, BMS Clutch Non-Delay Valve, ACS Style Rear Glass Spoiler
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
MMMCOOKIES335...
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the insight guys. Yeah I know all about HOA's. My current development has the same type of restrictions with exterior upkeep so I am well aware. We will be moving around July or August (have to sell our home up here first). Could someone tell me more about this "chinesse" drywall? ya'll got me nervous about it. Hoping to fly down next couple of weeks to start searching so I will keep you guys informed, thanks again!

Also, any other developments you guys would recommend? 4-500 price range, I really don't know what you get for the money down there like I do up here.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
Bamaben
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmcookies330... View Post
Thanks for all the insight guys. Yeah I know all about HOA's. My current development has the same type of restrictions with exterior upkeep so I am well aware. We will be moving around July or August (have to sell our home up here first). Could someone tell me more about this "chinesse" drywall? ya'll got me nervous about it. Hoping to fly down next couple of weeks to start searching so I will keep you guys informed, thanks again!

Also, any other developments you guys would recommend? 4-500 price range, I really don't know what you get for the money down there like I do up here.
Other developments you should consider are all the Trace Crossings subdivisions, Lake Crest and maybe The Preserve has something in that range as it is I think higher scale than Ross Bridge. All of these are within a few miles of each other.

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep

Ross Bridge is a nice community but it has strict HOA rules as discussed earlier and is also FAR from a LOT of things. I used to live down Lakeshore Pkwy that direction and let me tell you, going down Lakeshore every day east towards I65 is HELL as the stoplights in front of walmart are synched where you hit every red light every time. Takes about 10 minutes to go that half mile.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #9
MMMCOOKIES335...
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well, little update. We will be moving in the next 6 weeks so I will be seeing some of you I am sure very shortly! Now I just need to find a job haha. How is the job market down in Alabama as far as automotive goes? I am currently parts/service manager for European performance in Raleigh, Nc.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep

I'm not sure what the market is like, but I will say that many if not most auto shops around town are in the Pelham area.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2012, 03:41 AM   #11
Conki9788
Private
United_States
Rep

Drives: The Red Devil

I hope to be moving to Alabama at the end of the year. But we will see what happens. I recently just spent some time in Anniston, Mountain Brook, and Montgomery. Mountain Brook seemed like a really nice area. As far as automotives go I really have no idea.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #12
temptattz
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i E90

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [4.25]
most of the european car dealers are all at tom williams autoplex which is in irondale, al... there is bmw, audi, porsche, mini, lexus, land rover, cadillac, and chrysler... idk if they are hiring but if u stay in the general birmingham area such as hoover, pelham, or hwy 280 there are plenty of dealerships around.
Appreciate 0