E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > MotiveMod DCT style retrofit shifter review

04-02-2012, 07:41 AM   #1
BMWGTR
Second Lieutenant

Drives: E93 M3

MotiveMod DCT style retrofit shifter review

Hi all,

I recently purchased the Motive Mod DCT style shifter, in order to replace the pre-LCI shifter on my e93 335i. Purely because I dislike the standard shifter and this one looks much better aesthetically. Note, that it functions the same as the old shifter, it is purely a visual mod.

http://www.motivemods.com/BMWRetrofi.../mm-sst-d3.htm

I ordered the part and it was delivered to my Melbourne address in around 1.5 weeks.

The shifter itself is of excellent quality and the lighting is quite bright. It was super easy to install, all you have to do is take off the old shifter, cut the length of the metal stalk a bit, place the new shifter on and connect it.

All up it took around 20 mins, the most time consuming step was cutting the metal. A step by step guide is available, which makes it very easy. I can see why some people would be reluctant to cut the metal base, this mod is not reversible. The M Shifter however, does not require any cutting. Although I can't see why one would want to reverse it. For around 400 dollars, I think it is a nice little mod which suits the 335i interior nicely.

All in all I'm a happy customer, please find a couple of pics below:

Thanks all.
      04-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #2
RaihaX
Major General

Drives: 08' 135i

Looks good mate - glad you like it
RaihaX is offline   Australia
      04-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Themythx
Private First Class

Drives: 2008 335i

Looks nice! Im looking into getting this now that i checked this site out.

http://www.motivemods.com/PhotoGalle...Code=MM-SST-M3
      05-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Is the light too bright? Distracting a bit?

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      07-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
dbltakegs3
Private First Class

Drives: 2007 335i sedan a22

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Nice

I will add this to the list.
      03-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #6
spuntyb
Private

Drives: 2011 E90 LCI 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGTR
Hi all,

I recently purchased the Motive Mod DCT style shifter, in order to replace the pre-LCI shifter on my e93 335i. Purely because I dislike the standard shifter and this one looks much better aesthetically. Note, that it functions the same as the old shifter, it is purely a visual mod.

http://www.motivemods.com/BMWRetrofi.../mm-sst-d3.htm

I ordered the part and it was delivered to my Melbourne address in around 1.5 weeks.

The shifter itself is of excellent quality and the lighting is quite bright. It was super easy to install, all you have to do is take off the old shifter, cut the length of the metal stalk a bit, place the new shifter on and connect it.

All up it took around 20 mins, the most time consuming step was cutting the metal. A step by step guide is available, which makes it very easy. I can see why some people would be reluctant to cut the metal base, this mod is not reversible. The M Shifter however, does not require any cutting. Although I can't see why one would want to reverse it. For around 400 dollars, I think it is a nice little mod which suits the 335i interior nicely.

All in all I'm a happy customer, please find a couple of pics below:

Thanks all.
I'm sold. Any issues with it so far? I was actually planning on the Bimmian F30 shifter that the OP got but thought I would do a search here first - glad I saw this. They don't mention anything about cutting down the stalk - is that necessary?

Cheers!