E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Clutch replacment

09-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: AP e92 335i

Clutch replacment

So my car's clutch is finally starting to slip, guess my meth kit has caught up to me since I uploaded those new Cobb Race maps . Since replacing is a big deal does anyone recommend any shops that have done clutch replacements on the 335i? Also I plan on going with ACT and hopefully trying to have the flywheel resurfaced. If anyone else has any suggestions I'm all ears.
      09-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
Gugs
Cynical
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 JetBlack

Any shop can do the clutch. It's the same as all cars. Nothing special involved luckily.
As for which clutch...

Check the search button and read the 10k threads asking the same. It's covered once a day in the turbo/engine/drivetrain section.

I find it amazing ur clutch is going.
I know for a fact I'm making more power than your cobb with meth I have no issues on stock clutch.

You sure your tires aren't just taking a shit?
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
02LSBvert
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Drives: LSB

Www.Facebook.com/MNCPerformance

BMW Level 1 Master Tech
Just left BMW Service a month ago after almost 10 years
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
MiamiFan13
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 335i ,'03 Cobra, '06 Jeep SRT8

Check with Juiced46. He's done a lot of work on my Cobra. He's a pro.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #5
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
Any shop can do the clutch. It's the same as all cars. Nothing special involved luckily.
As for which clutch...

Check the search button and read the 10k threads asking the same. It's covered once a day in the turbo/engine/drivetrain section.

I find it amazing ur clutch is going.
I know for a fact I'm making more power than your cobb with meth I have no issues on stock clutch.

You sure your tires aren't just taking a shit?
I'm not positive if its clutch or not but it happened twice at 80-90mph on a dry day I don't think my tires would spin at that mph? It also only started to happen yesterday and today it rained. Tomorrow ill see if it happens again. Also I have 46k on the tcar and beat it daily! Lol
      09-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02LSBvert View Post
Www.Facebook.com/MNCPerformance

BMW Level 1 Master Tech
Just left BMW Service a month ago after almost 10 years
this place looks awesome! thanks for the head up!
      09-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Gugs
Cynical
United_States
Rep

Yea nick I have the same mileage and more power. I mean some go sooner and with less power. But I can spin the tires at 90-100mph. Our cars have a lot of torque. I bet ur tires just can't handle the power and your clutch prob fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
Yea nick I have the same mileage and more power. I mean some go sooner and with less power. But I can spin the tires at 90-100mph. Our cars have a lot of torque. I bet ur tires just can't handle the power and your clutch prob fine.
Thanks for the input! Ill check it out again tomorrow depending on the weather and Id love for it to be the tires over the clutch not in the mood to spend that kind of money. Also what do you have done to your car if you don't mind me asking?
      09-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
Gugs
Cynical
United_States
Rep

FBO, with custom e85 map
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #10
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States