Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire Size Advice!



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
68

 
Drives: E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 934
iTrader: (6)

Exclamation Tire Size Advice!

Just picked up a new set of rims and im trying to run a little bit of stretch to sit at a pretty low stance.

My rim sizes are:
18x9 -Front
18x10 -Rear

I was thinking of going with 235/35 & 255/35 what do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
remmib
General
Norway
401

 
remmib's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F10 520d M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norway


Posts: 26,219
iTrader: (0)

Why not 40 profile tire in the front?
__________________

F10 520d M-Sport Alpine White | HRE P43SC 20x9+20x11 | Michelin PSS 255/35+295/30 | KW V3 Coilover | M5 Front Sway Bar + M550d Rear Sway Bar | 3D Design Front Lip | BMW M Performance CF Spoiler | BMW M Performance Diffuser | BMW M Performance Black Grills | BMW M Performance Pedals |
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 01:55 AM   #3
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
68

 
Drives: E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 934
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib View Post
Why not 40 profile tire in the front?
40 can work too, i just want to make sure that the rims lip does not stick out of the tire... just want a very small stretch
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 02:57 AM   #4
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
Finland
26

 
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe


Posts: 2,368
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKY335 View Post
40 can work too, i just want to make sure that the rims lip does not stick out of the tire... just want a very small stretch
235/40/18 will look less streched than 235/35/18.

Here is a 235/40/18 with 18x9 wheel
http://gruppe-s.blogspot.com/2012/02...s-perfect.html
Sorry its not bmw but couldnīt find any other good photos.

Here is 235/35/18 with 18x9
http://tyrestretch.com/9_235_35_R18/...35_R18.jpg.php

Depending manufacturer, same size tyres will look/stretch differently.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
68

 
Drives: E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 934
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
235/40/18 will look less streched than 235/35/18.

Here is a 235/40/18 with 18x9 wheel
http://gruppe-s.blogspot.com/2012/02...s-perfect.html
Sorry its not bmw but couldnīt find any other good photos.

Here is 235/35/18 with 18x9
http://tyrestretch.com/9_235_35_R18/...35_R18.jpg.php

Depending manufacturer, same size tyres will look/stretch differently.
Thanks man really appreciate the links, the 235/40 for the front stretches exactly the way I want it to, now for the rear do you think 255/35 will stretch the same amount?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
MonacoBlueE90
Colonel
Finland
26

 
MonacoBlueE90's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 Pre-LCI
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Europe


Posts: 2,368
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STICKY335 View Post
Thanks man really appreciate the links, the 235/40 for the front stretches exactly the way I want it to, now for the rear do you think 255/35 will stretch the same amount?
Here is few examples
http://www.jdmgallery.com/2011/01/bugeye-royale/
http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/8502_1.png
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5503/1zyznnr.jpg
http://tyrestretch.com/10_255_35_R18...ankook.jpg.php

Looks almost the same to me.
What is the offsets of your wheels?


Just so you can compare
Im going to use 18x9.5 allround with 235/40/18.
Here is photos of 235/40 with 9.5
http://www.equnit.com/EVO/pics/
Im only waiting my wheels to arrive.My Hankook tyres came in this morning at 7.00am ,nice wake up.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
68

 
Drives: E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 934
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoBlueE90 View Post
Here is few examples
http://www.jdmgallery.com/2011/01/bugeye-royale/
http://www.wheeldude.com/wdg/ul/inde...ery/8502_1.png
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5503/1zyznnr.jpg
http://tyrestretch.com/10_255_35_R18...ankook.jpg.php

Looks almost the same to me.
What is the offsets of your wheels?


Just so you can compare
Im going to use 18x9.5 allround with 235/40/18.
Here is photos of 235/40 with 9.5
http://www.equnit.com/EVO/pics/
Im only waiting my wheels to arrive.My Hankook tyres came in this morning at 7.00am ,nice wake up.

Ohhh nice, i was debating on either getting falken 452 or hankook v12... my offset is +27F & +30R
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #8
STICKY335
Captain
United_States
68

 
Drives: E92 335i Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal


Posts: 934
iTrader: (6)

Any other opinions?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST