E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > June 2009 Build Date CP

01-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #1
BMDoublYou
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Drives: CCCXXXV

June 2009 Build Date CP

Hey Guys

My CPO runs out this spring and I will be looking into some mods for the car, Currently decided on the VRSF intercooler and xi DP's, but also noticed they offer a Charge Pipe.
Now with the upped boost I may as well be safe and get the Charge pipe, but reading about it on the internet, it seems the Intercooler piping was changed by BMW on the June 2009 models of the N54.

1. The FMIC comes with an extra pipe for those who specify June 2009+ Build date, Its called a lower charge pipe upgrade. Is this the "accordian hose" that is permanently attached to the Charge Pipe in the 2009 Models?

2. If I buy a used Charge Pipe on the forums, 95% of them are from 07-08 model years, is there anywhere to purchase this hose, or will I have to get a specific 2009 June+ pipe from ER?

3. VRSF says the charge pipe they offer fits all n54's, but nowhere does it ask if yours has the revised intercooler piping, whats that about?

Been searching for an hour, but most of you have 07/08 n54's or n55's, so hopefully someone can answer my questions here.

TIA
      01-22-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Tiago@VRSF
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E92 335i, F30 328i, F82 M4

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Tiago@VRSF
Our chargepipe replaces the entire OEM chargepipe unlike most models offered. This means it fits all N54 models. It doesn't matter what year your CP is, you're going to need to replace it if you're planning on running any tune that raises boost above stock levels.

The lower charge pipe we offer replaces the lower driver side piping, the standard kit replaces the OEM accordion style connector as well as the OEM 90 degree coupler. If you have an 07-08 you don't need the lower chargepipe but it is an upgrade over the OEM plastic lower charge pipe.

If you have an 09 and up, the upgraded lower chargepipe is a requirement for installation since the OEM lower charge pipe on that year is a one piece design.

PM/e-mail us if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #3
BD_F22
BD_e92
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 m235i xDrive

Great choice on the VRSF intercooler and downpipes! I personally have the xi downpipes on my car and don't have a single complaint, they are great for the money! Also nothing against the VRSF charge pipe, I am sure it works as advertised but I would recommend the ER Long Version for the charge pipe especially since it uses the OEM connection which has proven to be the best method of connection, if you want you can buy the ER charge pipe with oem connection and use the stock diverter valves and I believe it comes to something like $280-$300 if you want it black.

Last edited by BD_F22; 01-22-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
Jeef
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW E92 335i

er cp 2009+ version works too
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
ER makes a great chargepipe, I like the OEM connection (we have an OEM version being released in a couple weeks) but I definitely wouldn't recommend using the OEM DV's. They're made from plastic and are designed to work within OEM boost levels. They are also known to fail/leak above stock boost levels.

If you want to stick with DV's, go with a set of Forges, otherwise we'd recommend the Tial BOV.

We also have about 60 or so chargepipes that use the coupler connection on the throttle body and we haven't had one issue where that connection failed when installed correctly.

We decided to make a one chargepipe option that fits all N54 models for resale purposes on the customers end. Technically all of our chargepipes are the "long model" if we're using ER's terms.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #6
Jeef
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: AW E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF
ER makes a great chargepipe, I like the OEM connection (we have an OEM version being released in a couple weeks) but I definitely wouldn't recommend using the OEM DV's. They're made from plastic and are designed to work within OEM boost levels. They are also known to fail/leak above stock boost levels.

If you want to stick with DV's, go with a set of Forges, otherwise we'd recommend the Tial BOV.

We also have about 60 or so chargepipes that use the coupler connection on the throttle body and we haven't had one issue where that connection failed when installed correctly.

We decided to make a one chargepipe option that fits all N54 models for resale purposes on the customers end. Technically all of our chargepipes are the "long model" if we're using ER's terms.
Can you pm me a price on the forge dv's? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
BMDoublYou
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Our chargepipe replaces the entire OEM chargepipe unlike most models offered. This means it fits all N54 models. It doesn't matter what year your CP is, you're going to need to replace it if you're planning on running any tune that raises boost above stock levels.

The lower charge pipe we offer replaces the lower driver side piping, the standard kit replaces the OEM accordion style connector as well as the OEM 90 degree coupler. If you have an 07-08 you don't need the lower chargepipe but it is an upgrade over the OEM plastic lower charge pipe.

If you have an 09 and up, the upgraded lower chargepipe is a requirement for installation since the OEM lower charge pipe on that year is a one piece design.

PM/e-mail us if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer

Should have just pm'd you i guess, o well at least now the info is out there for anyone else interested, and we can yell at them for not searching, that answers my questions perfectly, will be placing an order in mid February, I see that's when the new batch of IC's is due, And ill grab that new CP you guys are releasing. Thanks for all your help Tiago!
      01-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
No problem

For the record, we don't offer a DV option on our chargepipes yet and have no immediate plans to support them, only the Tial & HKS.

Here's a link for those interested: http://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-chargep...i-n54-n55.html
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 01:11 PM   #9
BMDoublYou
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep

That's no problem, I'll be going with the Tial, love the sound of it