E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Where to get Replica Arkym E92 Lip



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #23
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
 
Yodaime's Avatar
 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 3,390
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frryy View Post
Thanks for the heads up.


[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/JL%20Motoring/cps-front-lip-e92%20(5).JPG[/IMG]


But actually now I'm torn.

Do I save about $500 bucks and go for the rep or do I go authentic arkym and get perfect fitment?


Not sure if its worth the extra $500 since its going to be something that will just get scraped. But at the same time, I'm almost certain this won't fit as well the Arkym lip. (in all of their pictures they didn't even install it, so they're probably not as confident in the fitment either..)


What do you guys think?
Honestly man that's how I feel to tell you the truth. I don't like paying retail for Louis Vuitton name brand to get scrapped lol. 500 scrapped is better than what 800 I think it is to get scrap? That's just me. I'd spend 1200 on a Vanguard and 500 on a diffuzor but not 700-800 for a Lip that CAN easily get scrapped. No offensive to all the big ballers with the Arkym Lip, It is sure a fine ass lip but for the price. Sorry yall lols. I'll hit up the photos when mine is installed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Yodaime is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #24
alexhjs
The Muscle Milk.
 
Drives: 2011 335is DCT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 664
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime
Quote:
Originally Posted by frryy View Post
Thanks for the heads up.


[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/JL%20Motoring/cps-front-lip-e92%20(5).JPG[/IMG]


But actually now I'm torn.

Do I save about $500 bucks and go for the rep or do I go authentic arkym and get perfect fitment?


Not sure if its worth the extra $500 since its going to be something that will just get scraped. But at the same time, I'm almost certain this won't fit as well the Arkym lip. (in all of their pictures they didn't even install it, so they're probably not as confident in the fitment either..)


What do you guys think?
Honestly man that's how I feel to tell you the truth. I don't like paying retail for Louis Vuitton name brand to get scrapped lol. 500 scrapped is better than what 800 I think it is to get scrap? That's just me. I'd spend 1200 on a Vanguard and 500 on a diffuzor but not 700-800 for a Lip that CAN easily get scrapped. No offensive to all the big ballers with the Arkym Lip, It is sure a fine ass lip but for the price. Sorry yall lols. I'll hit up the photos when mine is installed.
Ive read that you've put in the order already? thats nice! Please please take some pics on the fitment and some installs too when you get it.

BTW.. lololol nice car.
alexhjs is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
Laguna3
E90 NOOB
 
Drives: N55 E92 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 905

Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
Spoke to Alan at **********s. a few members have ran this lip and it's 100% fitment from waht he says. Hit up Alan for a special hook up price! I already have mine :P
Please post pics when you install it.
Laguna3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #26
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
 
Yodaime's Avatar
 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 3,390
iTrader: (11)

Sure will.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Yodaime is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #27
RYΛN
First Lieutenant
 
RYΛN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 344
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
Honestly man that's how I feel to tell you the truth. I don't like paying retail for Louis Vuitton name brand to get scrapped lol. 500 scrapped is better than what 800 I think it is to get scrap? That's just me. I'd spend 1200 on a Vanguard and 500 on a diffuzor but not 700-800 for a Lip that CAN easily get scrapped. No offensive to all the big ballers with the Arkym Lip, It is sure a fine ass lip but for the price. Sorry yall lols. I'll hit up the photos when mine is installed.
Yup. QFT.
I'll happily take the $300-$400 savings and put it toward other mods.



Can't wait for your photos.
Let us know how the install goes as well.
RYΛN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #28
darkw1sh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Space Grey/Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Posts: 496
iTrader: (9)

DO WANT Photos! Subscribed!
darkw1sh is online now   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #29
BRAISKI
Colonel
 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

Posts: 2,335
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
How much was shipping?
BRAISKI is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #30
Laguna3
E90 NOOB
 
Drives: N55 E92 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 905

Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
Sure will.
And if you want to swap it out after a week or so like your diffusers, I want dibs.
Laguna3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #31
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
 
Yodaime's Avatar
 
Drives: Banh Xeo
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Louisiana

Posts: 3,390
iTrader: (11)

LMFAO!^^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
My life is complete. Yodaime has commented on a post with my car in it.
Yodaime is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2012, 12:50 AM   #32
darkw1sh
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Space Grey/Red
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

Posts: 496
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
Sure will.
And if you want to swap it out after a week or so like your diffusers, I want dibs.
haha win 2nd dibs if fitment is good
darkw1sh is online now   Ukraine
0
Reply With Quote
      08-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #33
BRAISKI
Colonel
 
BRAISKI's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: GTA/KW, Canada

Posts: 2,335
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [3.50]
Any update?
BRAISKI is offline   Spain
0
Reply With Quote
      08-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #34
DTrain17
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 AW 335i fbo
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island

Posts: 361
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime
LMFAO!^^
Did you ever get around to installing this?
DTrain17 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 01:07 AM   #35
RYΛN
First Lieutenant
 
RYΛN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 344
iTrader: (1)

So I finally got around to getting this thing installled.
The lighting in my garage is real shit, so bear with me.

Here's some pics so you can get a better idea of how it fits:












I actually want to park next to someone with an authentic Arkym Lip to see how close it really is. Right now I'm pretty satisfied. I can't imagine the authentic lip could get much better.... but then again, I could be wrong lol.

Anyways hope this helps the OP.
RYΛN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #36
DTrain17
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 AW 335i fbo
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Long Island

Posts: 361
iTrader: (4)

Wow, fitment and everything looks good.
DTrain17 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #37
Bobbybmw22
JB4, BMS intake
 
Drives: White BMW 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Millstone

Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
[quote=Yodaime;12299359]Spoke to Alan at **********s. a few members have ran this lip and it's 100% fitment from waht he says. Hit up Alan for a special hook up price! I already have mine :P[/QUOits
funny i was just looking at the akrym lip and was like damnnn when i saw the price i am very interested in this
Bobbybmw22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #38
Bobbybmw22
JB4, BMS intake
 
Drives: White BMW 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Millstone

Posts: 232
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frryy View Post
So I finally got around to getting this thing installled.
The lighting in my garage is real shit, so bear with me.

Here's some pics so you can get a better idea of how it fits:












I actually want to park next to someone with an authentic Arkym Lip to see how close it really is. Right now I'm pretty satisfied. I can't imagine the authentic lip could get much better.... but then again, I could be wrong lol.

Anyways hope this helps the OP.
That looks amazing where did u get that from?and price
Bobbybmw22 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 10:42 AM   #39
Havok_2011
 
Havok_2011's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto

Posts: 2,861
iTrader: (7)

Lip looks really good on the white E92 pics, was never a fan of the M-Tech front bumper, but this lip makes me change my mind on it. If you got an M-tech bumper and want a lip, this is certainly the right choice.
__________________
2011 M3 Alpine White - 2009 M3 Jerez Black - 2007 328i Coupe - 350z Roadster - Acura RSX TypeS - Mustang Cobra 2
Havok_2011 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #40
patrickguu
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 335ix
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: brooklyn/buffalo

Posts: 222
iTrader: (6)

how much is this lip? i couldnt find it on their website
patrickguu is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #41
RYΛN
First Lieutenant
 
RYΛN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW e92
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 344
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbybmw22 View Post
That looks amazing where did u get that from?and price

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickguu View Post
how much is this lip? i couldnt find it on their website
http://www.**********s.com/Carbon-Fi...er-BMW-E92.htm

Its about $450


One thing to note tho.
When I initially got the lip, I held it up to my bumper and lined it up, and it actually looked like it would NOT fit. Nothing lined up.

So I emailed Alan************ and he told me that that was a common concern from people who bought this lip. He said once you drill the holes and actually mount it, the bumper and lip match up fine.

He was right and I'm really happy with the fitment.

Just thought this would help people not freak out when they get this lip. I almost returned the damn thing because of it lol.
RYΛN is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #42
TurboAL47
Captain
 
TurboAL47's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queens, NYC

Posts: 791
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to TurboAL47
Mine is getting installed at MAC at the moment with an OEM Mtech front. I was there for the test fit it and looks great. Picking it up this Tuesday. Can't wait!
__________________
'14 SG F15 - MSport / '08 AW E92 - OEM MTech w/ CF Lip | OEM Aero Rear w/ CF diffuser | Vorsteiner v35 hood | M3 side w/ CF splitters | OEM M3 mirrors w/ CF | Orion V4 w/ CF | CF Trim & Wheel | F30 CF Perf knob | Helix FMIC | VRSF Coated DPs | Cyba Titanium tips | Stett w/ Tial | Injen DCI | KWV1 | Mag. Coated RAYs G07ex w/ Michelin PSS
TurboAL47 is online now   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      09-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #43
Laguna3
E90 NOOB
 
Drives: N55 E92 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 905

Posts: 260
iTrader: (0)

Any LCI E92 yet?
Laguna3 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      09-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #44
TurboAL47
Captain
 
TurboAL47's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi coupe
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Queens, NYC

Posts: 791
iTrader: (18)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to TurboAL47
Quote:
Originally Posted by frryy View Post
http://www.**********s.com/Carbon-Fi...er-BMW-E92.htm

Its about $450


One thing to note tho.
When I initially got the lip, I held it up to my bumper and lined it up, and it actually looked like it would NOT fit. Nothing lined up.

So I emailed Alan************ and he told me that that was a common concern from people who bought this lip. He said once you drill the holes and actually mount it, the bumper and lip match up fine.

He was right and I'm really happy with the fitment.

Just thought this would help people not freak out when they get this lip. I almost returned the damn thing because of it lol.
Pretty sure I have the same issues and thought about returning it. I'll give this a try this weekend.
__________________
'14 SG F15 - MSport / '08 AW E92 - OEM MTech w/ CF Lip | OEM Aero Rear w/ CF diffuser | Vorsteiner v35 hood | M3 side w/ CF splitters | OEM M3 mirrors w/ CF | Orion V4 w/ CF | CF Trim & Wheel | F30 CF Perf knob | Helix FMIC | VRSF Coated DPs | Cyba Titanium tips | Stett w/ Tial | Injen DCI | KWV1 | Mag. Coated RAYs G07ex w/ Michelin PSS
TurboAL47 is online now   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST