E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > JamJay's E93



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
Guvernator
Captain
9
Rep
616
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Jamjay you may have mentioned this already but do you only have perches on the front or all round? If not at the back, what happens to the gap over the rear wheels?

Yeah you're right I could put 189's on ebay but not sure I could get 600 for them tbh. I think there was someone on here selling an immaculate set with tyres for 500 not so long ago. Not talking them down but just being realistic and I don't hate the 189's. For an OE rim they actually look pretty decent but I just don't think they stand out enough. The 335i se in standard from can look dare I say it a bit plain and a decent set of alloys adds some drama back into the mix.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #46
Cozy
Major
Cozy's Avatar
United Kingdom
25
Rep
1,491
Posts

 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Hampshire View Post
Cheers JJ, really appreciate your reply buddy. Not patronising in the least, I assure you! I think you're right that it might be a little bit of trial and error with spacers.

Regards, Mike.
No worries. The thing is with trying spacers is that you have to buy them and then sell on what you don't need at a loss (I'm doing this right now). Have a word with HotCoupe, he's had a multitude of spacer combinations so should be able to help you out a little more .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
Jamjay you may have mentioned this already but do you only have perches on the front or all round? If not at the back, what happens to the gap over the rear wheels?

Yeah you're right I could put 189's on ebay but not sure I could get 600 for them tbh. I think there was someone on here selling an immaculate set with tyres for 500 not so long ago. Not talking them down but just being realistic and I don't hate the 189's. For an OE rim they actually look pretty decent but I just don't think they stand out enough. The 335i se in standard from can look dare I say it a bit plain and a decent set of alloys adds some drama back into the mix.
Only on the front, the rear uses a different configuration so a deeper perch wouldn't work here, the shocks are not attached to the springs. The rear of the car, especially with 19's and the M-Sport suspension doesn't need touching IMO as it is already low in comparison to the front. The perches drop the front enough the make it look almost level with the rear, I need to take some new photo's but the rain is getting in my way. It's a good compromise and idea for anyone like me not wanting to lower the car on coilovers or aggressive springs.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 09:24 AM   #47
Jaffy
New Member
0
Rep
18
Posts

 
Drives: E93 320i Msport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Essex

iTrader: (0)

Absolutely stunning ride mate looks so classy and I'm loving the idea with the perches that gap on the front of mine is really starting to piss me off too! Think the performance grill would really suit your car a treat.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #48
Guvernator
Captain
9
Rep
616
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i SE Cabriolet
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: LONDON

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the explanation Jamjay, not really had time to get my head round all details of the 335i yet as I have been too busy with work. Quite unusual as I am usually a mine of information about any car I run but it's nice to know lots of other people have that knowledge on this site.

I think I'll stick the alloys on first and see how it looks but I strongly suspect I'll be ordering some perches pretty soon afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #49
Mike in Hampshire
Lieutenant
6
Rep
536
Posts

 
Drives: None at present!
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffy View Post
that gap on the front of mine is really starting to piss me off too!
Ha! Yes it's funny how once it is pointed out you notice it more and more. I think I will contact Supreme Power (great name for a business!) and get this done.
Mike.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 02:30 PM   #50
Cozy
Major
Cozy's Avatar
United Kingdom
25
Rep
1,491
Posts

 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaffy View Post
Absolutely stunning ride mate looks so classy and I'm loving the idea with the perches that gap on the front of mine is really starting to piss me off too! Think the performance grill would really suit your car a treat.
Thanks Jaffy, appreciate the good feed back . Any ideas where to get some black performance grills? I hear that the BMW ones aren't of the best quality paint wise. Is be after gloss or matt black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guvernator View Post
Thanks for the explanation Jamjay, not really had time to get my head round all details of the 335i yet as I have been too busy with work. Quite unusual as I am usually a mine of information about any car I run but it's nice to know lots of other people have that knowledge on this site.

I think I'll stick the alloys on first and see how it looks but I strongly suspect I'll be ordering some perches pretty soon afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Hampshire View Post
Ha! Yes it's funny how once it is pointed out you notice it more and more. I think I will contact Supreme Power (great name for a business!) and get this done.
Mike.
I don't think any of you will be disappointed with the perch, it fell in love with the exterior even more afterwards, IMO this is how it should have been from the factory but I understand that BMW have their reasons for the higher front...whatever they may be.

I'm hoping to finish work early tomorrow, clean the car and then I'll get some more pics.

Last edited by Cozy; 04-26-2012 at 02:41 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #51
SeanCorky
Sparkling Graphite
SeanCorky's Avatar
United Kingdom
2
Rep
168
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Liverpool

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hi Jay,

Looks loads better with the 225 wheels, your cars looking pretty much perfect now!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #52
Cozy
Major
Cozy's Avatar
United Kingdom
25
Rep
1,491
Posts

 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

Cheers Seany! Welcome to the club, took you long enough .
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #53
Cozy
Major
Cozy's Avatar
United Kingdom
25
Rep
1,491
Posts

 
Drives: E82 135i
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Surrey, England

iTrader: (0)

Couple more pics, shows the difference the perches make a little better.





Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 12:32 PM   #54
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
m1bjr's Avatar
United Kingdom
37
Rep
3,313
Posts

 
Drives: RS250 CUP
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somerset UK

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via MSN to m1bjr
Needs an uprated intercooler
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST