E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Headlight questions.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
vigo74
New Member
vigo74's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2007 e90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Big Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Headlight questions.

Hey all,

This is my first post so if this has already been covered somewhere on here I apologize. I have a 2007 328i with just regular old halogen headlights and fog lights, no angel eyes. I would like to convert to halogens and have some questions....

1. What plug and play conversion would you guys recommend? I'm looking for ease of installation, reliability and no error codes. Will the kit that rambalu80 put on his car work on mine?

2. Is it also possible to add the angel eyes (preferably LED) to this conversion? If so, is there a kit?

I would like to keep all this reasonable as far as cost is concerned as well. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
darkrom
Lieutenant Colonel
darkrom's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,755
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Shore MA

iTrader: (4)

I'm assuming you mean xenons not convert from halogen to halogen? My experience says go OEM. I am currently waiting for a refund on my aftermarket all LED headlights that disappointed me big time.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
75
Rep
6,139
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

You can convert to LCI halogens, they have angel eyes. That is plug and play. They make LED angel eyes for the LCI halogens
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
vigo74
New Member
vigo74's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2007 e90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Big Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I'm assuming you mean xenons not convert from halogen to halogen? My experience says go OEM. I am currently waiting for a refund on my aftermarket all LED headlights that disappointed me big time.
Guess that is what I get for not proof reading my message, yes, I did mean Xenon headlights with the possibility of LED angel eyes.
__________________
2007 e90 328i / Titanium Silver / 6MT / Sport / Cold Weather / AFE Cold Air Intake / OEM Chrome Tips
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
vigo74
New Member
vigo74's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2007 e90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Big Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
You can convert to LCI halogens, they have angel eyes. That is plug and play. They make LED angel eyes for the LCI halogens
Sorry man, meant I have halogens and would like to go to Xenons with the possibility of LED angel eyes.
__________________
2007 e90 328i / Titanium Silver / 6MT / Sport / Cold Weather / AFE Cold Air Intake / OEM Chrome Tips
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #6
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
75
Rep
6,139
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo74 View Post
Sorry man, meant I have halogens and would like to go to Xenons with the possibility of LED angel eyes.
Oh ok, I am not 100% sure if you can go to LCI xenons, but I know you can go to Pre-lCI xenons. They have LED angel eyes. I reccomend mtec v3 for them

http://picturepush.com/public/8036729 My headlight
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
vigo74
New Member
vigo74's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2007 e90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Big Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
Oh ok, I am not 100% sure if you can go to LCI xenons, but I know you can go to Pre-lCI xenons. They have LED angel eyes. I reccomend mtec v3 for them

http://picturepush.com/public/8036729 My headlight
Those lights look awesome! When you started, what lights were on your car from the factory?
__________________
2007 e90 328i / Titanium Silver / 6MT / Sport / Cold Weather / AFE Cold Air Intake / OEM Chrome Tips
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #8
E90Company
Major General
E90Company's Avatar
No_Country
75
Rep
6,139
Posts

Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigo74 View Post
Those lights look awesome! When you started, what lights were on your car from the factory?
The only thing I did to my lights was bought MTEC v3 angel eyes. I might be able to sell them to you soon if you want

Stock looks like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...45kl1.jpg/sr=1
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 02:37 AM   #9
charles.soori
Second Lieutenant
Canada
4
Rep
223
Posts

Drives: e90 08 328i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa,Ontario

iTrader: (1)

You could get lci xenon that's what I did..I went from pre lci to lci xenon and love it.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
vigo74
New Member
vigo74's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: 2007 e90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Big Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
The only thing I did to my lights was bought MTEC v3 angel eyes. I might be able to sell them to you soon if you want

Stock looks like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...45kl1.jpg/sr=1


Sell me the whole lights or just the MTEC v3 angel eyes and why are you getting rid of them?
__________________
2007 e90 328i / Titanium Silver / 6MT / Sport / Cold Weather / AFE Cold Air Intake / OEM Chrome Tips
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST