E90Post
 


GTB Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > LSD install deal in Atlanta



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

LSD install deal in Atlanta

Boris@SMS is offering a discounted rate for LSD install if we can get 3 people interested. The install price will be $450 including seals and diff oil. If you wish to purchase the Wavetrac from him, the total price installed will be $1600 for a bolted diff, $2300 for welded diffs. I am definitely in on this and "Manny_World" as well, so all I need is one more person. Just reply to this thread if you are interested and I will contact Boris@SMS when we are ready.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #2
deltasam
Keep Tunning
United_States
5

 
deltasam's Avatar
 
Drives: E92TT/S2K/MDX
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ATL-ORD-YYZ-NRT-HKG


Posts: 327
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to deltasam
that is a deal .. wow..
__________________
Custom Carbon Steering Wheel /// ZCP 359M 19x9 19x10 (F245/R275) /// RPI FMIC /// ER Chargepipe ///DCI /// PROCEDE V5 ///Custom 80MM Catless DP ///P3 Boot gauge ///RPI Scoops ///Forge DV ///Full LED SWAP/// OEM Strut Bar ///Vishnu Performance Exhaust///Vishnu Methanol Kit
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
NiVeDh
Major General
India
158

 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA


Posts: 8,007
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Any discount if I want to DIY the pumpkin install? If so, I am definitely interested. I have a spare pumpkin (welded) that I would like a Wavetrac installed in.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Any discount if I want to DIY the pumpkin install? If so, I am definitely interested. I have a spare pumpkin (welded) that I would like a Wavetrac installed in.
I'll see what I can find out and get back to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
Boris@SMS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
2


 
Boris@SMS's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 05
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 85
iTrader: (1)

Every welded diff has to be shipped out Wavetrac. There no other way around it.
Wavetrac will laser cut the weld make new holes for new bolts and supply us with new gear for the install.

If you have the pumpkin and like us to send it out and install the LSD once we get it back.

$ 2000.00
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
NiVeDh
Major General
India
158

 
NiVeDh's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT BSM
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston, TX & Atlanta, GA


Posts: 8,007
iTrader: (132)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris@SMS View Post
Every welded diff has to be shipped out Wavetrac. There no other way around it.
Wavetrac will laser cut the weld make new holes for new bolts and supply us with new gear for the install.

If you have the pumpkin and like us to send it out and install the LSD once we get it back.

$ 2000.00
Thanks for the quote. It's a great deal but I will have to pass at this time. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #7
Boris@SMS
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
2


 
Boris@SMS's Avatar
 
Drives: M3 05
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 85
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Thanks for the quote. It's a great deal but I will have to pass at this time. Thanks.

Np let me know when you are ready
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #8
cleex024
Major
24

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Woodbridge


Posts: 1,446
iTrader: (2)

wow this is crazy...cause im about to buy an lsd but suddenly got caught up in which one to buy.

i was for sure it was going to be the wavetrac, but then started to read about clutch type and now i might go that route since there is a company that is selling a clutch type for about $2400.

convince me boris...i need an lsd asap lol.
__________________
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
wow this is crazy...cause im about to buy an lsd but suddenly got caught up in which one to buy.

i was for sure it was going to be the wavetrac, but then started to read about clutch type and now i might go that route since there is a company that is selling a clutch type for about $2400.

convince me boris...i need an lsd asap lol.
I was in the same boat as you except I had decided on buying the OS Giken. I have always preferred clutch based LSD's but when the LSD alone without install is $2000 and I can get the Wavetrac installed on the car for $1600 (I've got a bolted diff) it was a simple decision. If you are a serious track rat or plan on substantial trips to the drag strip, you may be better off with the clutch based LSD. If you do spirited driving with occasion track/drag strip I honestly don't think the benefits afforded by a clutch based diff will justify the additional costs.

If you can, PM me the info of what company is offering a clutch based LSD for that price. I did a lot of searching and the cheapest I found was almost $2800 for the LSD installed in the pumpkin and I would still have to mount it on the car myself.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
cleex024
Major
24

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Woodbridge


Posts: 1,446
iTrader: (2)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=lsd ...performance gearing...talked to the guy for a while and he seems to have a good idea of whats goin on.

it only has 3 clutch plates but the amount of track time that im seeing i highly doubt im going to burn those clutches up, but i just want a clutch type over the torsen if the cost is not that much higher.

it would take a little more maintenance but thats not really a problem especially since he drills and threads a bolt in on the bottom.

sorry op im not trying to thread jack but just trying to get a little more info on which lsd to get. if i get the wavetrac its going to be this one.

anyway i like the idea of having the static lock, but if the torsen style really locks in quickly then i might just end up getting the wavetrac.
__________________
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...&highlight=lsd ...performance gearing...talked to the guy for a while and he seems to have a good idea of whats goin on.

it only has 3 clutch plates but the amount of track time that im seeing i highly doubt im going to burn those clutches up, but i just want a clutch type over the torsen if the cost is not that much higher.

it would take a little more maintenance but thats not really a problem especially since he drills and threads a bolt in on the bottom.

sorry op im not trying to thread jack but just trying to get a little more info on which lsd to get. if i get the wavetrac its going to be this one.

anyway i like the idea of having the static lock, but if the torsen style really locks in quickly then i might just end up getting the wavetrac.
I had read that thread before. Does that price include the installation in the pumpkin and the pumpkin back on the car? If not, and you want a clutch based LSD, you could buy an OS Giken (which I feel is a much better diff than performance gearing is offering) for around $2000 and Boris can do the install in your car (assuming you were going to be in the atlanta area) for $450. Then your at around the same price as the performance gearing offering (or a lot less if their price wasn't an installed price) but with a much better LSD unit. When I get on my computer I'll edit this post with a link that best describes the pros and cons of each style LSD. Its very informative for anyone on the edge of which type suits them best for their needs or for anyone else possibly considering doing this deal.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
jpirelli
Power is nothing without control
11

 
jpirelli's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 + E92
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Southeast/Southwest


Posts: 762
iTrader: (3)

Damn it 04/07 build... welded diff
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
cleex024
Major
24

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Woodbridge


Posts: 1,446
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
I had read that thread before. Does that price include the installation in the pumpkin and the pumpkin back on the car? If not, and you want a clutch based LSD, you could buy an OS Giken (which I feel is a much better diff than performance gearing is offering) for around $2000 and Boris can do the install in your car (assuming you were going to be in the atlanta area) for $450. Then your at around the same price as the performance gearing offering (or a lot less if their price wasn't an installed price) but with a much better LSD unit. When I get on my computer I'll edit this post with a link that best describes the pros and cons of each style LSD. Its very informative for anyone on the edge of which type suits them best for their needs or for anyone else possibly considering doing this deal.
its $2400 for the entire pumpkin...so i would have to get it installed. to get an os giken its more like $3400 for entire pumpkin and $4400 for the top dog one from them.
__________________
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #14
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleex024 View Post
its $2400 for the entire pumpkin...so i would have to get it installed. to get an os giken its more like $3400 for entire pumpkin and $4400 for the top dog one from them.
If you are going to be in Atlanta anytime soon you could get the OS Giken installed in your pumkin and on the car for around $2500 (if your bolted)....win win lol. $2400 for a pumkin is a pretty good deal though. If you do decide to go with this deal just let me know. Either LSD will be a huge improvement over stock!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
cleex024
Major
24

 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Woodbridge


Posts: 1,446
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
If you are going to be in Atlanta anytime soon you could get the OS Giken installed in your pumkin and on the car for around $2500 (if your bolted)....win win lol. $2400 for a pumkin is a pretty good deal though. If you do decide to go with this deal just let me know. Either LSD will be a huge improvement over stock!
yeah that would be great, but how long does it take and who does the machining?
__________________
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #16
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Depending on timing, if someone has a welded diff in needs a quick swap and wants to get this done, a core exchange may be available for a core charge of $900.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Bump, still need one more to make this happen.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #18
Eyeman
Lieutenant Colonel
18

 
Eyeman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA


Posts: 1,681
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
That's a great deal. Only Quaife made an option for my 135. If you've tuned your car, it's a must have mod.
__________________
BSM, Blk leather, 30%tint, Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, Nitto 555 225/35fr PSS 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, rearseat removal, iCarbon diffuser and front lip, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #19
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
That's a great deal. Only Quaife made an option for my 135. If you've tuned your car, it's a must have mod.
I've hated how the open diff performed since the day I bought the car, but the price of an LSD was always more than I wanted to spend before this came along. I'm still waiting on one more person to make this happen. Maybe I should post a link over on 1addicts too
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

bump
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
Rotorocious
Major
32

 
Rotorocious's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 1,461
iTrader: (3)

I may be down.
I've had the diff, seals and oil sitting around too long now
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2012, 04:40 PM   #22
jdbretz
Captain
9

 
jdbretz's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 E92 335i, '07 E70 X5 4.8i
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Florida


Posts: 793
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorocious View Post
I may be down.
I've had the diff, seals and oil sitting around too long now
Awesome. Just let me know if you decide for sure. Boris may be able to give you a little more of a deal since the install price included the seals and oil, but you'd probably have to work that out with him. Let me know if you need any more info. I'm getting mine installed May 25th, but you are free to get yours done whenever is convienent for you.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
lsd, wavetrac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST