E90Post

MINHS Auto Care Center

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > anybody else had this?

03-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
markydee

Drives: E92 320D M Sport

anybody else had this?

yesturday i hoovered my car, moved the seats back and forth to clean around them but now when i start the car the airbag warning light comes on. ive read a few posts saying there was possibly a recall but only for 2006 passenger side sensors but what i wanna know has anybody else had this and what was the outcome?

i have a 2008 e92 320d m sport and ive tried turning the front passenger side airbag on and off with the key on the side of the dash but it doesnt make any difference.

luckily i bought the car from a bmw main dealer with 12months warranty but before i called them on Monday i wanted to be armed with some amo as to what i want and should ask them to do.
markydee is offline   United Kingdom
      03-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
Frobius
Captain

Drives: E91 330d M-Sport / E87 118d SE

Garage List
Sounds like you've dislodged a cable. Once the light is on, I believe it needs to be reset by a dealer or someone who can code.

I'd not mention the moving the seat around just in case they try and say you broke the cable or something, just say it came on one day.

57 Sapphire Black E91 330d M-Sport
Privacy Glass // Leather // Heated Seats // Bluetooth // Blacklines // BMWP Gloss Black Grille // Alpine HiFi // LCI Headlights
Frobius is offline   United Kingdom
      03-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by markydee View Post
yesturday i hoovered my car, moved the seats back and forth to clean around them but now when i start the car the airbag warning light comes on. ive read a few posts saying there was possibly a recall but only for 2006 passenger side sensors but what i wanna know has anybody else had this and what was the outcome?

i have a 2008 e92 320d m sport and ive tried turning the front passenger side airbag on and off with the key on the side of the dash but it doesnt make any difference.

luckily i bought the car from a bmw main dealer with 12months warranty but before i called them on Monday i wanted to be armed with some amo as to what i want and should ask them to do.

As ^^^^ mentioned, check the cables below the seat.
The cable goes to connector which is black and yellow in colour.
The yellow lock slides to unlock it, just check it that is fine.

Just wondering,
1- Did you clean the seat with any liquid or shampoo?
2- Did you kneel on the passenger/ driver seat?

After making sure cables are all connected, you can reset the ecu by taking negativer terminal for about 5-10 minutes.

If all the wires are intact, airbag light should go away.
      04-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Statler
Major Pain in the Arse

Drives: E92 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
I'd not mention the moving the seat around just in case they try and say you broke the cable or something, just say it came on one day.
It's a coupe mate, you can't help moving the seats, they are designed to do this!!

Moving the seat around should not do this, but it does.

My car has just lit the Airbag warning for the 4th time in two years. It's booked in tomorrow to reset it again and hopefully find out why it's doing this.

There is talk on the US side of the forum about a safety recall on the passenger seat airbag mat. Anyone know if this is valid here in the UK?
Statler is offline   United Kingdom
      04-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #5
makkan00
Major General

Drives: E91 330D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frobius View Post
It's a coupe mate, you can't help moving the seats, they are designed to do this!!

Moving the seat around should not do this, but it does.

My car has just lit the Airbag warning for the 4th time in two years. It's booked in tomorrow to reset it again and hopefully find out why it's doing this.

There is talk on the US side of the forum about a safety recall on the passenger seat airbag mat. Anyone know if this is valid here in the UK?
2007 models are included in recall.
Ring your dealer.
      04-30-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
garytc78
Private First Class

Drives: 325d LCI

Youve disconnected the wire at the back of the seat just plug it back in and get it reset.