E90Post
 


European Auto Source
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How long does it take the bank to release the title?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
weekboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC AREA

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
How long does it take the bank to release the title?

I have made an agreement with the seller, he has paid off the loan on April 3rd, I will pay him and get the car once he gets the title.. But it's been almost 3 weeks, the bank said the title and lien release was sent out last Monday, but he didn't get them last Friday, so he called the bank again, the bank said it was mail on Thursday.. So we waited for another week, but still didn't get the title..
So frustrated...

Any suggestions? or just keep waiting? I did research online, people said it may take a month to get the title..
weekboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Kolyan2k
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2006 S2000
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,936
iTrader: (1)

I expedited my process for extra $25 bucks or something. It took 3 days for me to get the title at home
Kolyan2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #3
weekboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC AREA

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
I expedited my process for extra $25 bucks or something. It took 3 days for me to get the title at home

How? Wells fargo keeps lying to us.. Last week they said it will be delivered by Wednesday, then he called on Friday, they said they have mailed on Thursday.. And we waited for another week for nothing
weekboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
techwhiz
Lieutenant Colonel
 
techwhiz's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bay Area, Ca

Posts: 1,652
iTrader: (3)

In situations like this from a private party, too late now, but..
I go to my credit union and let them do all the paperwork.
They do the DMV stuff and pay off the previous lien holder.
I pay them off in 30 days, with no interest on the loan.
I get the car immediately and seller is done.

Anyway, it shouldn't take weeks. After the loan is paid, they stamp the title and mail it out.
techwhiz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
weekboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC AREA

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
In situations like this from a private party, too late now, but..
I go to my credit union and let them do all the paperwork.
They do the DMV stuff and pay off the previous lien holder.
I pay them off in 30 days, with no interest on the loan.
I get the car immediately and seller is done.

Anyway, it shouldn't take weeks. After the loan is paid, they stamp the title and mail it out.

I do all cash..Is that ok for me to pay him and get the car, and pick up the title once he get it? We will get the bill of sale notarized.
He is also waiting for my money to get a 5 series
weekboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
Kolyan2k
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2006 S2000
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston

Posts: 3,936
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekboy View Post
How? Wells fargo keeps lying to us.. Last week they said it will be delivered by Wednesday, then he called on Friday, they said they have mailed on Thursday.. And we waited for another week for nothing
Called BMW Financial, asked what do I need to do in order to get the title asap, guy said overnight them certified check, 1 day to clear, and they overnight the title, total 3-4 days.
Kolyan2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
weekboy
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: DC AREA

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Called BMW Financial, asked what do I need to do in order to get the title asap, guy said overnight them certified check, 1 day to clear, and they overnight the title, total 3-4 days.


oh I see. But the seller finances with wells fargo, and seems wells fargo doesn't really care about their customers. Thanks anyway.
weekboy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #8
rbtamms
Major
 
rbtamms's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 and 2013 F25
Join Date: May 2011
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 1,380
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
I got mine from Chase, 2 weeks after I paid off my car...
__________________
rbtamms is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      04-20-2012, 12:58 PM   #9
luv135i
Captain
 
luv135i's Avatar
 
Drives: White
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: GA

Posts: 847
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The norm is about 2 weeks after payoff....
__________________
2010 135i AW
2011 328i AW
luv135i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST