E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Advice on m3 side skirt on normal e92 plz



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
barton2002
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
7
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: E92 ZCP M3 Frozen Grey
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bath & Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Advice on m3 side skirt on normal e92 plz

Hey guys,

If im going to buy a set of m3 side skirt, i knw there will be tiny bit of issues of the fitment. but is it something tht is very obvious or is it something tht u can live up with?

Also, where shall i get them? or even the rep ones(if recommended?)

Thanks,
Barton
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #2
Randywake1
MSZ-06S
Hong Kong
0
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: E89 Z4 35i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

get rep, oem ones doesnt fit a non m3, sum work needs to be done to it in order to fit, its a hassle
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #3
Laguna Seca Blue
Captain
Laguna Seca Blue's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I think they'd look good There's an Orange M3 GTS parked next to my 335i and I've been using it to visualize which body panels to swap out. I would stick to the M3 front bumper, M3 Sideskirts and Mtech Rear bumper if you want to do quad exhaust. The M3 rear bumper, hood, and side marker turn signals look a little tacky on a 335i unless you go for the full wide body conversion.

I've been dealing with Ronno over at Cargym and he's been super helpful, patient, and considerate. I plan to purchase a replica kit as speced above from him as soon as I've replaced my OEM wheels with GTS replicas and figure out which coilovers to get . If you're worried about fitment on the sideskirts search for "Former_Boosted_Is M3 Sideskirts" in the DIY section. The ones he reviews fit perfectly. Once you get the name, check with Ronno if he can source them for you so you don't have to pay crazy US shipping charges!

Hope that helps! Just out of curiosity, what did you decide regarding your JB4? I just ordered a Procede, so if you decide to keep it, it would be interesting to drive our cars back to back
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Balloon White | Black Dakota Leather
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
barton2002
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
7
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: E92 ZCP M3 Frozen Grey
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bath & Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
I think they'd look good There's an Orange M3 GTS parked next to my 335i and I've been using it to visualize which body panels to swap out. I would stick to the M3 front bumper, M3 Sideskirts and Mtech Rear bumper if you want to do quad exhaust. The M3 rear bumper, hood, and side marker turn signals look a little tacky on a 335i unless you go for the full wide body conversion.

I've been dealing with Ronno over at Cargym and he's been super helpful, patient, and considerate. I plan to purchase a replica kit as speced above from him as soon as I've replaced my OEM wheels with GTS replicas and figure out which coilovers to get . If you're worried about fitment on the sideskirts search for "Former_Boosted_Is M3 Sideskirts" in the DIY section. The ones he reviews fit perfectly. Once you get the name, check with Ronno if he can source them for you so you don't have to pay crazy US shipping charges!

Hope that helps! Just out of curiosity, what did you decide regarding your JB4? I just ordered a Procede, so if you decide to keep it, it would be interesting to drive our cars back to back
heyyy bro,

yea, im keeping my jb4, altho it seems to b a potential problem.. but nvm... car will eventually break one day. i jus hope it wont break until i get a new car nxt or maybe in 2 yrs time. hahaha!

thanks for ur info abt the m3 side skirt, jus wondering, do u have a m3 side skirt? if u do, where did u source urz?

Thanksss
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Laguna Seca Blue
Captain
Laguna Seca Blue's Avatar
United_States
28
Rep
822
Posts

Drives: 2009 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Hey Barton,
I don't have M3 replica sideskirts yet, as mentioned above I plan to source them from Ronno at www.cargym.com
__________________
E92 335i 6MT | Balloon White | Black Dakota Leather
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #6
Ryan_M
First Lieutenant
Ryan_M's Avatar
Hong Kong
10
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: AW E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

I have the M3 sides from Topmix, quality is good and reaosnably priced. Let me know if you wanna take a look before making the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
barton2002
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
7
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: E92 ZCP M3 Frozen Grey
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bath & Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_M View Post
I have the M3 sides from Topmix, quality is good and reaosnably priced. Let me know if you wanna take a look before making the purchase.
Hey Ryan,

From topmix? whats the price and how is the fitment like? 99%?100%? It would be great if i can check it out in real person :P buy u sweet soup.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
Randywake1
MSZ-06S
Hong Kong
0
Rep
38
Posts

Drives: E89 Z4 35i
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_M View Post
I have the M3 sides from Topmix, quality is good and reaosnably priced. Let me know if you wanna take a look before making the purchase.
hey wen u hav time to check out my lip bro?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #9
scflaw
Lieutenant
7
Rep
504
Posts

Drives: E93 3'r
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: HKG

iTrader: (1)

does anyone have the m3 rep bumper? i want to purchase but i'm scared of the fit
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
JGMODS
Major General
JGMODS's Avatar
United_States
115
Rep
5,711
Posts

Drives: E90 335i Modded
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: US

iTrader: (19)

Garage List
2007 BMW 335I  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [3.44]
Send a message via AIM to JGMODS
Let us know if you have any questions or would like to see pictures of the M3 style front bumper or side skirts OP. More than happy to help you out with making the right decision.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
barton2002
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
7
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: E92 ZCP M3 Frozen Grey
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bath & Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randywake1 View Post
hey wen u hav time to check out my lip bro?
what Lip?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST