E90Post
 


Evolution of Speed
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Difference between BMW fuel system cleaner plus and fuel addictive?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-11-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
Blueeyesredpanda
Captain
Blueeyesredpanda's Avatar
164
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: E90 / F30
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Difference between BMW fuel system cleaner plus and fuel addictive?

Went to the stealership to pick up some coolant and saw the Fuel system cleaner plus and fuel addictive. I asked the parts department they said it's the same thing, just the larger bottle is for 2 tank of gas...... which I'm a bit confused becuase they are named differently and I do believe they are not the same thing.


So what is the difference between Fuel system cleaner plus and fuel addictive?



VS


Last edited by Blueeyesredpanda; 03-14-2017 at 04:06 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 06:43 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
750
Rep
7,025
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (98)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
The BMW branded Fuel System Cleaner IS Chevron Techron - just different label & increased $$

I buy my Chevron from Amazon in bulk 6-pks when on sale
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Alum Blade Trim//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dyn Handling Pkg//HK Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//M4 Mirrors w/NWC CF Covers//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Surround/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/DV+//AA OBD Flash Tune Stg2
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 08:50 AM   #3
Bluewater328iT
Lieutenant
Bluewater328iT's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
471
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328iT
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New Rochelle, NY

iTrader: (0)

You can get the Techron fuel injector cleaner at Costco. Not sure why they don't sell the fuel system cleaner, which sounds like it is better, but as Costco tests a lot of products that they sell, maybe they decided the FI cleaner is good enough.
__________________
BMWCCA member since 1990
Mods: 330 intake, ECU reflash & tune, Magnaflow cat back resonator & muffler, BMW Euro airbox, tinted windows
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
Wolf 335
Lieutenant Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
562
Rep
1,869
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

We don't have the luxury of Chevron Techtron in Canada.

Only Lucas.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 04:06 PM   #5
Blueeyesredpanda
Captain
Blueeyesredpanda's Avatar
164
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: E90 / F30
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
The BMW branded Fuel System Cleaner IS Chevron Techron - just different label & increased $$

I buy my Chevron from Amazon in bulk 6-pks when on sale
Pic updated:
So what is the difference between Fuel system cleaner plus and fuel addictive?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
Sgop335
Major
Sgop335's Avatar
United_States
381
Rep
1,484
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i e92, 2013 X1 28i
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: MD

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyesredpanda View Post
Pic updated:
So what is the difference between Fuel system cleaner plus and fuel addictive?
Additive not addictive. Thought i mention since it was typed 4 times. I got what you were asking first time around but you know how it is, most people here dont or cant read.
Anyways, i couldnt find much other than its made in germany and some have claimed improved gas mileage. Guess it is diff than chevron then, not sure. Benz has an additive just like that.
__________________
Space grau metallic / Dakota red leather
Own tune w MHD, e20, 44F
https://datazap.me/u/sgop335/3-4s-ru...10-11-12-22-28
390hp, 400lbft

Last edited by Sgop335; 03-14-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #7
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
750
Rep
7,025
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (98)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Here is the BMW SIB for the Fuel System Cleaner+ (same as Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus) - All info I could find on the Petrol Additive is at bottom:

SIB 130506

SI B 13 05 06
Fuel Systems September 2006
Technical Service
SUBJECT
BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus

MODEL
All

SITUATION
Recent field experiences have shown a significant increase in various drivability complaints due to excessive carbon deposits in engine's combustion chambers, on the intake valves and fuel injectors.
The overall rise in carbon deposits accumulation is generally attributed to poor gasoline quality, namely, low level of cleaning additives and fuel contamination.

TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
Combustion chamber deposit formation is a by-product of the gasoline burning process. Fuel injector and intake valve deposits may become less troublesome with the recently introduced Top Tier Detergent Gasoline deposit control standards, which are exceeding the detergent requirements imposed by the EPA since 1995.

However, vehicles that do not exclusively use a Top Tier Detergent Gasoline, or are regularly driven in severe service conditions, such as stop-and-go traffic, high ambient temperatures, and high altitude can experience performance problems caused by intake system and combustion chamber deposits.

The most common customer complaints may include:

>>FUEL INJECTORS:
Deposits at the injector's tip can impact fuel flow, upsetting the air/fuel mixture ratio.

Symptoms: Hesitation or stumble during acceleration, even loss of power. Poor fuel efficiency. Increased emissions of HC and CO. "Service Engine Soon" light illumination due to intermittent misfire faults, or lean mixture adaptation values

>>INTAKE VALVES:
Deposits at the valves and on the intake manifold ports can absorb fuel during the warm-up phase, leaning out the air/fuel mixture ratio. Carbon build-up may disturb mixture flow at low throttle conditions/idle speeds.

Symptoms: Poor drivability, loss of power, unstable/rough idle, increased emissions of HC, CO and NOx. "Service Engine Soon" light illumination due to intermittent misfire faults.

>>COMBUSTION CHAMBER:
Combustion Chamber Deposit Interference, or CCDI, occurs when there is a contact between carbon deposits on the piston crown and cylinder head. The noise can be confused or misdiagnosed as ping, knock or other noises that could indicate a mechanical failure. CCDI occurs first as a cold start noise that can fade as the engine warms to operating temperature. The noise will reoccur at the next cold start. As deposits build, there is an increase in compression temperature that may cause pre-ignition detonations.

Symptoms: Knocking, pinging, run-on, poor acceleration, octane requirement increase, increased emissions of NOx, engine idle speed surges.
Depending on the manufacturer, fuels may contain various additives such as: oxidation and corrosion inhibitors, metal deactivators, emulsifiers, anti-icing agents & dyes, plus they are required to include some form of an intake system deposit control package. Unfortunately, not all fuels are created equal, and some additive packages are not effective enough to maintain integrity of the intake systems in high performance engines, or engines operating in severe environmental conditions. Even worse, the intake system deposit control additives in some fuels may actually contribute to the combustion chamber deposits accumulation, and to the problems associated with those deposits: knock, run-on and increased emissions of oxides of nitrogen.

RECOMMENDATION:
BMW recommends using TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline of minimum octane rating of AKI 91 and with alcohol content of less then 10% by volume (or any other oxygenates with up to 2.8% of oxygen by weight). Only the exclusive usage of TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline provides the full benefit of reducing deposits formation. For more information related to TOP TIER Gasoline refer to SI B13 02 06.

If the TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is unavailable, we recommend BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus (PN 82 14 0 413 341) be added to the gas tank. For optimum cleaning and deposits control, add a 20 fl. oz. bottle every 3,000 miles when refueling.

Regular use of BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus can help address carbon deposits related symptoms listed above. By removing these deposits, an engine may experience restored power, performance and fuel efficiency, a smoother idle running, lower emissions, and reduced octane requirement.
BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus uses polyether amine TECHRONŽ based technology developed and patented by Chevron. BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus has proven to clean up deposits in fuel injectors, ports & intake valves and reduces the harmful effects of combustion chamber deposits. It helps restore performance lost due to deposit build-up.

Chevron and BMW have run an extensive "no harm" tests with polyether amine technology. When used as directed, it will not harm catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, or any other mechanical components of the engine, or fuel delivery system.

The effectiveness of the additive depends on its presence in the gasoline in large concentrations for short periods of time. One treatment is usually sufficient, but a second treatment (one 20 oz bottle per each, consecutive full tank of gas) may give additional benefits. To keep your fuel intake system clean, we recommend usage at every 3000 miles.

Additionally, vehicle's fuel sending units equipped with silver plated resistor card/contacts are especially vulnerable to attacks by elemental sulfur and/or hydrogen sulfide found in fuels. Adding BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus immediately upon noticing erratic fuel gauge behavior may, in many cases, restore proper performance due to the additive's ability to remove the harmful sulfur compounds from the sending unit's contact surface. Additionally, BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus can help protect the fuel gauge from future malfunctioning by coating all metal surfaces of the fuel system.


BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus.
PN 82 14 0 413 341
1 bottle, 20 fl. oz.
Ordering in multiples of 6 bottles per case.
PARTS INFORMATION
Part Number
Description
Quantity
82 14 0 413 341
Fuel System Cleaner Plus; 20 fl.oz. bottle
1

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Because carbon deposit build-up is related to fuel quality, it cannot be considered as a defect in vehicle's materials or workmanship. Consequently, usage of BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus is not covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty or maintenance plan.


BMW Genuine Fuel Petrol Injector Cleaner Additive Treatment 100ml 83192408560

BMW Group Fuel additive (gasoline) for enhanced fuel quality. Prevents and removes deposits on valves and in injectors. 100ml. Suitable for vehicles manufactured after 09.2015.
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Alum Blade Trim//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dyn Handling Pkg//HK Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//M4 Mirrors w/NWC CF Covers//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Surround/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/DV+//AA OBD Flash Tune Stg2

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 03-15-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Appreciate 2
      03-16-2017, 02:52 AM   #8
Blueeyesredpanda
Captain
Blueeyesredpanda's Avatar
164
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: E90 / F30
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Here is the BMW SIB for the Fuel System Cleaner+ (same as Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus) - All info I could find on the Petrol Additive is at bottom:

SIB 130506

SI B 13 05 06
Fuel Systems September 2006
Technical Service
SUBJECT
BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus

MODEL
All

SITUATION
Recent field experiences have shown a significant increase in various drivability complaints due to excessive carbon deposits in engine's combustion chambers, on the intake valves and fuel injectors.
The overall rise in carbon deposits accumulation is generally attributed to poor gasoline quality, namely, low level of cleaning additives and fuel contamination.

TECHNICAL BACKGROUND
Combustion chamber deposit formation is a by-product of the gasoline burning process. Fuel injector and intake valve deposits may become less troublesome with the recently introduced Top Tier Detergent Gasoline deposit control standards, which are exceeding the detergent requirements imposed by the EPA since 1995.

However, vehicles that do not exclusively use a Top Tier Detergent Gasoline, or are regularly driven in severe service conditions, such as stop-and-go traffic, high ambient temperatures, and high altitude can experience performance problems caused by intake system and combustion chamber deposits.

The most common customer complaints may include:

>>FUEL INJECTORS:
Deposits at the injector's tip can impact fuel flow, upsetting the air/fuel mixture ratio.

Symptoms: Hesitation or stumble during acceleration, even loss of power. Poor fuel efficiency. Increased emissions of HC and CO. "Service Engine Soon" light illumination due to intermittent misfire faults, or lean mixture adaptation values

>>INTAKE VALVES:
Deposits at the valves and on the intake manifold ports can absorb fuel during the warm-up phase, leaning out the air/fuel mixture ratio. Carbon build-up may disturb mixture flow at low throttle conditions/idle speeds.

Symptoms: Poor drivability, loss of power, unstable/rough idle, increased emissions of HC, CO and NOx. "Service Engine Soon" light illumination due to intermittent misfire faults.

>>COMBUSTION CHAMBER:
Combustion Chamber Deposit Interference, or CCDI, occurs when there is a contact between carbon deposits on the piston crown and cylinder head. The noise can be confused or misdiagnosed as ping, knock or other noises that could indicate a mechanical failure. CCDI occurs first as a cold start noise that can fade as the engine warms to operating temperature. The noise will reoccur at the next cold start. As deposits build, there is an increase in compression temperature that may cause pre-ignition detonations.

Symptoms: Knocking, pinging, run-on, poor acceleration, octane requirement increase, increased emissions of NOx, engine idle speed surges.
Depending on the manufacturer, fuels may contain various additives such as: oxidation and corrosion inhibitors, metal deactivators, emulsifiers, anti-icing agents & dyes, plus they are required to include some form of an intake system deposit control package. Unfortunately, not all fuels are created equal, and some additive packages are not effective enough to maintain integrity of the intake systems in high performance engines, or engines operating in severe environmental conditions. Even worse, the intake system deposit control additives in some fuels may actually contribute to the combustion chamber deposits accumulation, and to the problems associated with those deposits: knock, run-on and increased emissions of oxides of nitrogen.

RECOMMENDATION:
BMW recommends using TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline of minimum octane rating of AKI 91 and with alcohol content of less then 10% by volume (or any other oxygenates with up to 2.8% of oxygen by weight). Only the exclusive usage of TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline provides the full benefit of reducing deposits formation. For more information related to TOP TIER Gasoline refer to SI B13 02 06.

If the TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is unavailable, we recommend BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus (PN 82 14 0 413 341) be added to the gas tank. For optimum cleaning and deposits control, add a 20 fl. oz. bottle every 3,000 miles when refueling.

Regular use of BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus can help address carbon deposits related symptoms listed above. By removing these deposits, an engine may experience restored power, performance and fuel efficiency, a smoother idle running, lower emissions, and reduced octane requirement.
BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus uses polyether amine TECHRONŽ based technology developed and patented by Chevron. BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus has proven to clean up deposits in fuel injectors, ports & intake valves and reduces the harmful effects of combustion chamber deposits. It helps restore performance lost due to deposit build-up.

Chevron and BMW have run an extensive "no harm" tests with polyether amine technology. When used as directed, it will not harm catalytic converters, oxygen sensors, or any other mechanical components of the engine, or fuel delivery system.

The effectiveness of the additive depends on its presence in the gasoline in large concentrations for short periods of time. One treatment is usually sufficient, but a second treatment (one 20 oz bottle per each, consecutive full tank of gas) may give additional benefits. To keep your fuel intake system clean, we recommend usage at every 3000 miles.

Additionally, vehicle's fuel sending units equipped with silver plated resistor card/contacts are especially vulnerable to attacks by elemental sulfur and/or hydrogen sulfide found in fuels. Adding BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus immediately upon noticing erratic fuel gauge behavior may, in many cases, restore proper performance due to the additive's ability to remove the harmful sulfur compounds from the sending unit's contact surface. Additionally, BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus can help protect the fuel gauge from future malfunctioning by coating all metal surfaces of the fuel system.


BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus.
PN 82 14 0 413 341
1 bottle, 20 fl. oz.
Ordering in multiples of 6 bottles per case.
PARTS INFORMATION
Part Number
Description
Quantity
82 14 0 413 341
Fuel System Cleaner Plus; 20 fl.oz. bottle
1

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Because carbon deposit build-up is related to fuel quality, it cannot be considered as a defect in vehicle's materials or workmanship. Consequently, usage of BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus is not covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty or maintenance plan.


BMW Genuine Fuel Petrol Injector Cleaner Additive Treatment 100ml 83192408560

BMW Group Fuel additive (gasoline) for enhanced fuel quality. Prevents and removes deposits on valves and in injectors. 100ml. Suitable for vehicles manufactured after 09.2015.
So from what we have gotten off the internet, can we say they do the same thing ?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 05:08 AM   #9
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
750
Rep
7,025
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (98)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
By reading the descriptions I found they appear to be the very same thing - why the different packaging IDK...
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Alum Blade Trim//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dyn Handling Pkg//HK Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//M4 Mirrors w/NWC CF Covers//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Surround/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/DV+//AA OBD Flash Tune Stg2
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 08:46 AM   #10
Wolf 335
Lieutenant Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
562
Rep
1,869
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Regular use of BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus can help address carbon deposits related symptoms listed above. By removing these deposits, an engine may experience restored power, performance and fuel efficiency, a smoother idle running, lower emissions, and reduced octane requirement.
[b][color="Red"]BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus uses polyether amine TECHRONŽ based technology developed and patented by Chevron. BMW Group Fuel System Cleaner Plus has proven to clean up deposits in fuel injectors, ports & intake valves and reduces the harmful effects of combustion chamber deposits. It helps restore performance lost due to deposit build-up.
How is this achieved?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 09:42 AM   #11
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
750
Rep
7,025
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (98)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
How is this achieved?
Well, the fuel system cleaner concentrate is poured into the gas tank/mixes with fuel & sprayed thru the injectors along with fuel, past the valves & into comb chamber just like any fuel system cleaner that is added to tank...
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Alum Blade Trim//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dyn Handling Pkg//HK Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//M4 Mirrors w/NWC CF Covers//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Surround/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/DV+//AA OBD Flash Tune Stg2
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #12
Blueeyesredpanda
Captain
Blueeyesredpanda's Avatar
164
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: E90 / F30
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
By reading the descriptions I found they appear to be the very same thing - why the different packaging IDK...
Not just the packaging, the volume between the two has a Hugh difference too. One is 100mL and the other one is 591mL
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #13
Wolf 335
Lieutenant Colonel
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
562
Rep
1,869
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Well, the fuel system cleaner concentrate is poured into the gas tank/mixes with fuel & sprayed thru the injectors along with fuel, past the valves & into comb chamber just like any fuel system cleaner that is added to tank...
Intake valves are not touched by fuel
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2017, 09:21 PM   #14
titium
Captain
283
Rep
980
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 135i
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Well, the fuel system cleaner concentrate is poured into the gas tank/mixes with fuel & sprayed thru the injectors along with fuel, past the valves & into comb chamber just like any fuel system cleaner that is added to tank...
Intake valves are not touched by fuel
depends on what motor you're talking about. any motor not port injected then you're correct.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #15
freedomfries
09 E90 328i
freedomfries's Avatar
Canada
252
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: 09 E90 328i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2009 E90 328i  [5.00]
As far as I know, "Fuel System Cleaner Plus" is the same as Techron Concentrate Plus which uses PEA as the detergent.

"Petrol Additive" appears to use PIBA (specifically Kerocom PIBA 03) which is less effective than PEA from what I've read.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 03:49 PM   #16
bavarianride
Major
165
Rep
1,101
Posts

Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: northern california

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater328iT View Post
You can get the Techron fuel injector cleaner at Costco. Not sure why they don't sell the fuel system cleaner, which sounds like it is better, but as Costco tests a lot of products that they sell, maybe they decided the FI cleaner is good enough.
Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner has 2x the additive of Techron fuel injector cleaner, so just use two bottles from Costco for the same dosage.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 04:08 AM   #17
Meeni
Gateropode
Meeni's Avatar
205
Rep
2,631
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i 06
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

BMW cleaner is the same thing as Techron CONCENTRATE. The regular fuel additive sold by Chevron in gray bottles is a lot less effective according to independent tests.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #18
BashShah
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
122
Rep
1,615
Posts

Drives: 2012 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
We don't have the luxury of Chevron Techtron in Canada.

Only Lucas.
What? Every chevron dealer.
Just fill up with the best from chevron twice a year.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #19
BashShah
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
122
Rep
1,615
Posts

Drives: 2012 335i Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

A BMW tech told me once that don’t buy the bottle.
Just fill up with chevron’s Best twice a year. The stuff is already mixed in and ready to clean your injectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2018, 02:17 PM   #20
bavarianride
Major
165
Rep
1,101
Posts

Drives: bimmer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: northern california

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Intake valves are not touched by fuel
That is true for DI engine. Maybe the BMW description is for previous gen non-DI engine?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST