Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

  E90Post
 


TireRack

   PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Tire / wheel fitment



Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #1
bahn stormer
Taking the dog out for some exercise.
bahn stormer's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
527
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA/Mexico

iTrader: (3)

Tire / wheel fitment

I have an 07 e90 335i and am researching fitment.
My current plan is:

18" VMR VB3
18 x 8.5 +40
18 x 9.5 +33

with
Cont. Extreme Contact DW
235/40-18
265/35-18

My question is can I go with 275s with no rubbing and no fender roll?
I may eventually do a mild suspension upgrade for handling but not specifically for lowering. My goal is wider for more traction but any rubbing is not acceptable. Thanks in advance. Search yielded too much info to be useful.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
bahn stormer
Taking the dog out for some exercise.
bahn stormer's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
527
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA/Mexico

iTrader: (3)

Anyone? Sponsors?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
EastBayE90
Formerly (-(ellblazer420
EastBayE90's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: 2007 E90 335i M/T
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SF East Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer View Post
I have an 07 e90 335i and am researching fitment.
My current plan is:

18" VMR VB3
18 x 8.5 +40
18 x 9.5 +33

with
Cont. Extreme Contact DW
235/40-18
265/35-18

My question is can I go with 275s with no rubbing and no fender roll?
I may eventually do a mild suspension upgrade for handling but not specifically for lowering. My goal is wider for more traction but any rubbing is not acceptable. Thanks in advance. Search yielded too much info to be useful.
I run a very similar set up. But with 19". I run 245/35 R19 in front and 275/30 R19 in the rear. No rubbing at all. I am on stock suspension 2007 E90 335. I used the tire calculator and my rolling diameter is larger than yours so you should be fine. Go ahead you will not be rubbing at all. That is a very conservative setup. The 275 will defiantly be fine for you.

I recently swapped out the rears for 285/30 R19 and it does rub a little on the freeway. I will be rolling the fenders tomorrow so I can eventually run 195's.
__________________

(410whp 445ft/lbs | DCI + Meth Only)
OpenFlash OTS Stage 1 Flash | Vishnu PWM Meth Kit | Vishnu DCI| Forge DVs

Last edited by EastBayE90; 04-20-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
bahn stormer
Taking the dog out for some exercise.
bahn stormer's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
527
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA/Mexico

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 View Post
I run a very similar set up. But with 19". I run 245/35 R19 in front and 275/30 R19 in the rear. No rubbing at all. I am on stock suspension 2007 E90 335. I used the tire calculator and my rolling diameter is larger than yours so you should be fine. Go ahead you will not be rubbing at all. That is a very conservative setup. The 275 will defiantly be fine for you.

I recently swapped out the rears for 285/30 R19 and it does rub a little on the freeway. I will be rolling the fenders tomorrow so I can eventually run 195's.
Thanks a lot!
Do your M310s have the same offset?

I struggled with 18" vs. 19" for a while but decided on 18" since 90% of my driving is on back roads in PA. Also, a few people have suggested that 18" may have slight performance advantage if that is more important to me than looks. Now you have me wondering if I should put 245s in the front as well.

I might upgrade suspension later also and that may make a difference. If I do end up with a rub then, I could also roll the fenders but I was trying to avoid that if possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
EastBayE90
Formerly (-(ellblazer420
EastBayE90's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: 2007 E90 335i M/T
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SF East Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer View Post
Thanks a lot!
Do your M310s have the same offset?

I struggled with 18" vs. 19" for a while but decided on 18" since 90% of my driving is on back roads in PA. Also, a few people have suggested that 18" may have slight performance advantage if that is more important to me than looks. Now you have me wondering if I should put 245s in the front as well.

I might upgrade suspension later also and that may make a difference. If I do end up with a rub then, I could also roll the fenders but I was trying to avoid that if possible.
My M310's are the same offsets. 45 in the front and 33 in the rear. Yea I wish I went with 18"'s. The ride quality on the 19"s is not the greatest. They look great and I will keep them as a summer/show set. But I will def go back to 18"s next year.

I forgot to mention sometimes the type of tire matters. Because the Nitto Invo's that I run have a curved sidewall and the 275 tucked well on the rear rims. Some tires have a chunky side and might be more rub prone.

Yea I think you could def fit a 245 up front just make sure the rolling radius is not higher than my setup and it will not rub. Mine has a super tiny rub up front on the plastic wheel well but it's nothing to worry about.
__________________

(410whp 445ft/lbs | DCI + Meth Only)
OpenFlash OTS Stage 1 Flash | Vishnu PWM Meth Kit | Vishnu DCI| Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
robert @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
119
Rep
4,028
Posts


Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 4015 E Leaverton Court, Anahiem, CA 92807

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer View Post
I have an 07 e90 335i and am researching fitment.
My current plan is:

18" VMR VB3
18 x 8.5 +40
18 x 9.5 +33

with
Cont. Extreme Contact DW
235/40-18
265/35-18

My question is can I go with 275s with no rubbing and no fender roll?
I may eventually do a mild suspension upgrade for handling but not specifically for lowering. My goal is wider for more traction but any rubbing is not acceptable. Thanks in advance. Search yielded too much info to be useful.
You should be ok with the 275. Once you lower the car, you might have some issues with rubbing depending on how low the suspension upgrade is going to drop your car.

If you have any further questions PM me directly!
__________________
Robert T. | european auto source (eas)
email: robert@europeanautosource.com web: www.europeanautosource.com tel 866.669.0705 ca: 714.369.8524 x32

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
bmw325i
Brigadier General
73
Rep
4,713
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United States

iTrader: (6)

You'll be fine with a 245 up front and 275 in the rear.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #8
bahn stormer
Taking the dog out for some exercise.
bahn stormer's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
527
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA/Mexico

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 View Post
...Yea I think you could def fit a 245 up front just make sure the rolling radius is not higher than my setup and it will not rub. Mine has a super tiny rub up front on the plastic wheel well but it's nothing to worry about.
Do you mean in parking lots at full lock or other times?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert @ eas View Post
You should be ok with the 275. Once you lower the car, you might have some issues with rubbing depending on how low the suspension upgrade is going to drop your car.

If you have any further questions PM me directly!
Thanks! I will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
You'll be fine with a 245 up front and 275 in the rear.
Thanks!
__________________
Procede V5 rev3 / Helix IC / AR coated DPs / custom intake
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #9
EastBayE90
Formerly (-(ellblazer420
EastBayE90's Avatar
United_States
14
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: 2007 E90 335i M/T
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SF East Bay, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahn stormer View Post
Do you mean in parking lots at full lock or other times?
Yea only at full lock in reverse when the steering wheel is all the way to the left.
Here is a pic. Very very minor. Nothing to worry about.



Also an update my 285's are amazing in the rear. They took away the harsh feeling on the 19 inch rims. They are beefy compared to the 275's. I did end up having to rolling the fenders. Took it to a local guy and it was $100 and took 45 min. I highly recomend rollling fenders if your ever considering it. I'll post up some pics of my 285's later today.
__________________

(410whp 445ft/lbs | DCI + Meth Only)
OpenFlash OTS Stage 1 Flash | Vishnu PWM Meth Kit | Vishnu DCI| Forge DVs
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #10
ModBargains IV
Second Lieutenant
ModBargains IV's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
213
Posts

Drives: e92 335i, 135i, E46 M3, 540i
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd. Unit C, La Habra, CA 90631

iTrader: (1)

You will be fine with the 275/35/18 in the rear - I ran a 275/30/19 on my E90 335i with Forgestar F14s 19x10.0

-Frank
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 03:14 PM   #11
bahn stormer
Taking the dog out for some exercise.
bahn stormer's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
527
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA/Mexico

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by **********s IV View Post
You will be fine with the 275/35/18 in the rear - I ran a 275/30/19 on my E90 335i with Forgestar F14s 19x10.0

-Frank
Thanks!
__________________
Procede V5 rev3 / Helix IC / AR coated DPs / custom intake
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
bahn stormer
Taking the dog out for some exercise.
bahn stormer's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
527
Posts

Drives: 07 E90 335i 6MT, 65 MGB
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: PA/Mexico

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-(ellblazer420 View Post
...Also an update my 285's are amazing in the rear. They took away the harsh feeling on the 19 inch rims. They are beefy compared to the 275's. I did end up having to rolling the fenders. Took it to a local guy and it was $100 and took 45 min. I highly recomend rollling fenders if your ever considering it. I'll post up some pics of my 285's later today.
I saw some e90 rolled fenders last weekend for the first time.
There was an e90 M3 with 265s in the front and 295s in the back!

I never talked to the driver so I am not sure if he had a rub but it sure looked like it would to me.

I do like the fact that rolling is always an option if things don't work out.
My interest is performance > appearance and I have failed if I have to drive differently on my favorite twisty back roads, but everything sounds like I will be ok with 245/275s.
__________________
Procede V5 rev3 / Helix IC / AR coated DPs / custom intake
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST