E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Shortgamer build thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2014, 05:09 PM   #1
Shortgamer
Private
 
Shortgamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indiana

Posts: 70
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328  [0.00]
Shortgamer build thread

Guess I'll start a thread since it looks like once you start you can't stop with these cars. Anyway here's what I'm starting with and product is starting to come in.

Sonic tuning coilovers, black grills with black/white emblems and 225/35/19 and 255/30/19 tires are ready to go! By Tuesday I should have my wheels and replica M3 bumper. Can't wait


Shortgamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2014, 05:17 PM   #2
Taran.J
Youtube.com/Taran861 ModMyEuro.com
 
Taran.J's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 e90 328i & multiple Merc's
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tacoma/Puyallup, WA

Posts: 3,880
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via Skype™ to Taran.J
Exactly how I started off my journey. Excited to see how it goes
__________________
CLICK FOR MY BUILD THREAD! Special deals with ModMyEuro PM ME!http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809436
https://www.modmyeuro.com/index.php?

Taran.J is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2014, 06:39 PM   #3
Mardio
Brigadier General
 
Drives: 2013 335is space grey
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SF

Posts: 3,078
iTrader: (0)

Nice upgrade
Mardio is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 2,953
iTrader: (0)

nice seeing suspension first! best of luck with the modding.
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #5
Shortgamer
Private
 
Shortgamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indiana

Posts: 70
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328  [0.00]
Thx guys, yes suspension first....it was a tough decision money wise when springs are so cheap but I couldn't decide on sport or race springs and knew I would have to do struts eventually so I bit the bullet
Shortgamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #6
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
 
330xtrai's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,410
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Nice basically the same things as me except I got a different brand of coilovers and I need wheels lol m3 bumper is gonna be great. I love mine. You thinking about doing fog delete?
330xtrai is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #7
e92_Mack
Major
 
e92_Mack's Avatar
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,150
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Nice. I bought a set of Coilovers from Sonic Tuning as well but havent installed them...waiting to hear your feedback on them.
e92_Mack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
Shortgamer
Private
 
Shortgamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indiana

Posts: 70
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xtrai View Post
Nice basically the same things as me except I got a different brand of coilovers and I need wheels lol m3 bumper is gonna be great. I love mine. You thinking about doing fog delete?
Not sure? I saw the ducts for like 70 bucks so I might?? Hoping I can get away without a bumper lip, they're kinda expensive and I really want headlights more, like way more. Lol
Do you have a lip and if not does it look ok in person without one?
Shortgamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #9
Shortgamer
Private
 
Shortgamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indiana

Posts: 70
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_Mack View Post
Nice. I bought a set of Coilovers from Sonic Tuning as well but havent installed them...waiting to hear your feedback on them.
I wanted to install them tomorrow but I didn't receive instructions so I had to watch the ecs video. Doesn't look bad but I have no clue how to adjust the preload after I set the ride height? So unless they email it today I'll have to wait till next Saturday.
Shortgamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #10
DC_Oldboy
Troll of the PNW
 
DC_Oldboy's Avatar
 
Drives: like an old person.
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bothell, WA

Posts: 4,984
iTrader: (39)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [4.09]
Ooooo nice!
__________________
DC_Oldboy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2014, 05:34 PM   #11
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Santa Clara, CA

Posts: 4,448
iTrader: (0)

Nice! Looking forward to see the results!
Elliott@DetailAddict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-28-2014, 05:52 PM   #12
e92_Mack
Major
 
e92_Mack's Avatar
 
Drives: 335XI Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 1,150
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortgamer View Post
I wanted to install them tomorrow but I didn't receive instructions so I had to watch the ecs video. Doesn't look bad but I have no clue how to adjust the preload after I set the ride height? So unless they email it today I'll have to wait till next Saturday.
Shoot a pm to Pat. He's very helpful and responds quick
e92_Mack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 12:41 AM   #13
Rich_E
Still ridin' stock
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 66
iTrader: (0)

You're off to a good start!
Rich_E is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 12:45 AM   #14
0ngel
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E90
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: MD

Posts: 250
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 328  [0.00]
Keep us posted you're off to a great start
0ngel is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 08:14 AM   #15
DOMs335D
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 335is
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Vancouver, BC

Posts: 543
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
keep them pics coming
DOMs335D is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #16
RoamPT
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 323i / 1978 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

The car looks good but theres one thing that i don't understand, it blows my mind why people install 19" rims on a 228hp car, is this a trend? It affects your performance a lot. It's a lot of tire width that the car has to drag around, not to say that affects your confort and it doesn't make your car safer than a 18" rim for example. Even if you track the car, 18" is enough. I guess people just do it for the looks, but you loose more than you think, this is my opinion. But like i said nice car tho.

Last edited by RoamPT; 03-01-2014 at 10:55 AM.
RoamPT is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 01:18 PM   #17
Shortgamer
Private
 
Shortgamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indiana

Posts: 70
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328  [0.00]
Wheels showed up early FedEx guy said since a storm is hitting Monday they're trying to get stuff out early. I went with the silver for some contrast, figured I could always plasti dip them later to see if I like a darker color. Went with 33 offset on the front which I'll space to my liking and a 22 on the back.
Shortgamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #18
Shortgamer
Private
 
Shortgamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 328i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Indiana

Posts: 70
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamPT View Post
The car looks good but theres one thing that i don't understand, it blows my mind why people install 19" rims on a 228hp car, is this a trend? It affects your performance a lot. It's a lot of tire width that the car has to drag around, not to say that affects your confort and it doesn't make your car safer than a 18" rim for example. Even if you track the car, 18" is enough. I guess people just do it for the looks, but you loose more than you think, this is my opinion. But like i said nice car tho.
Sounds like you take your car way more serious then I do, to me it's a form of self expression and just a big toy. It's something fun to modd and is already bringing me joy. Guess I'm still a big kid and yes 19's are all about looks for me. Actually I almost pulled the trigger on 20's but the only 20's I thought did this car justice was vossen cv3's and they would have taken a bigger part of the upgrade budget. Need to leave some money for the stereo system
Shortgamer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 01:34 PM   #19
J-Spec Dan
Powered by Active Autowerke
 
J-Spec Dan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i, 14 Fusion SE
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Motor City -> Windy City

Posts: 2,348
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortgamer View Post
Sounds like you take your car way more serious then I do, to me it's a form of self expression and just a big toy. It's something fun to modd and is already bringing me joy. Guess I'm still a big kid and yes 19's are all about looks for me. Actually I almost pulled the trigger on 20's but the only 20's I thought did this car justice was vossen cv3's and they would have taken a bigger part of the upgrade budget. Need to leave some money for the stereo system
well put. don't let debbie downers change how you want to modify YOUR car.
__________________
BMW CCA Member 483866
J-Spec Dan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #20
RoamPT
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 323i / 1978 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada

Posts: 181
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortgamer View Post
Sounds like you take your car way more serious then I do, to me it's a form of self expression and just a big toy. It's something fun to modd and is already bringing me joy. Guess I'm still a big kid and yes 19's are all about looks for me. Actually I almost pulled the trigger on 20's but the only 20's I thought did this car justice was vossen cv3's and they would have taken a bigger part of the upgrade budget. Need to leave some money for the stereo system
Well i didn't told you what you should and what you shouldn't do, it was merely my opinion like i stated. And i said that you probably were doing it by for the looks, which is fine lol I was just explaining the why people SHOULDN'T not saying that they CAN'T. Yea stereo system sounds good :P mine sucks lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Spec Dan View Post
well put. don't let debbie downers change how you want to modify YOUR car.
I wasn't trying to be a "debbie downer" i was just explaining why people shouldn't, people are free to do what they want to their cars, but as this being a car forum I'm entitled to advise people why they shouldn't. There's a big difference between SHOULDN'T and CAN'T.
RoamPT is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #21
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
 
330xtrai's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 1,410
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortgamer View Post
Not sure? I saw the ducts for like 70 bucks so I might?? Hoping I can get away without a bumper lip, they're kinda expensive and I really want headlights more, like way more. Lol
Do you have a lip and if not does it look ok in person without one?
No i dont have a lip i can barely get into my driveway at max height LOL!! its looks good without one. headlights are alot more worth it. I need to get some wheels before i do that though.
Also does anyone have a place with good fitting ducts or is there only oem m3 ducts that have to be cut lol. i might do it but ive been lazy lately.
330xtrai is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #22
Joseph@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Joseph@x-ph.com's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: US

Posts: 670
iTrader: (0)

Joseph@x-ph.com is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST