E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 330D Evolve remap



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-23-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
jquan1
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW E92 330D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

E92 330D Evolve remap

Hi,

I've owned my 330d for 1 year now, she's sparkling graphite grey, black leather, 19's, heated seats, sat nav. Since then, she's has gloss black grilles fitted, a machine polish, and the nasty runflats are gone for some Falken 452's.

The warranty ran out the other day, so I booked her into Evolve in Luton for a remap.

It was found to be 240bhp standard rather than 231bhp, and is now 285bhp.

Its like a new car, picks up so much quicker and delivers so much power throughout the rev range.

Great service, very quick and knowledgable.

If any of you are considering remapping, I'd suggest doing it asap!

Now it just needs to stop raining.....
jquan1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
Laney
First Lieutenant
 
Laney's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330d M Sport auto
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Selby, North Yorkshire

Posts: 337
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330d  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jquan1 View Post
Now it just needs to stop raining.....
I had the very same problem after having my Remap done. Just couldn't get traction.
__________________
Laney is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
strugers1
Private
 
strugers1's Avatar
 
Drives: le mans blue 330d
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: rainham,kent

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

same sideway in a straight line through second third and fourth...a e46 m3 stayed with me until 5th then i smashed him haha....
mine is 301bhp and 482lbft
__________________
le mans blue 330d/AmD remap and dpf delete,301.6bhp 482lbft
strugers1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
 
BanziBarn's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London

Posts: 1,773
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jquan1 View Post
Hi,

I've owned my 330d for 1 year now, she's sparkling graphite grey, black leather, 19's, heated seats, sat nav. Since then, she's has gloss black grilles fitted, a machine polish, and the nasty runflats are gone for some Falken 452's.

The warranty ran out the other day, so I booked her into Evolve in Luton for a remap.

It was found to be 240bhp standard rather than 231bhp, and is now 285bhp.

Its like a new car, picks up so much quicker and delivers so much power throughout the rev range.

Great service, very quick and knowledgable.

If any of you are considering remapping, I'd suggest doing it asap!

Now it just needs to stop raining.....
Glad you're enjoying the remap!

Did they put the new 330d engine in the E90 before the other variants then? My car is just coming up to 3 years since registration too, (although it was built quite a few months before that) and has the 245 engine.
__________________
Black 330d E90 LCI M Sport Saloon Auto. Privacy Glass, Cream Leather, 6FL, I-Drive/Nav/Bluetooth, Alpine hifi upgrade.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
BanziBarn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
shane55
First Lieutenant
 
shane55's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 330d M-Sport Auto
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IRL

Posts: 336
iTrader: (0)

I had my 330d remapped two weeks ago and had Michelin ps3 fitted the same day!!! An expensive day but 100% worth every penny it has transformed the car... Grip in the wet not bad at all with the ps3s!
__________________
Sapphire Black* Darklines* Black Dakota Leather* Heated Seats* Professional Navigation* Xenons* High Beam Assist* Hi-Fi* USB Audio* DAB* BMW Assist* Sun Protection Glass
shane55 is offline   Ireland
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #6
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Bet she is a beast now eh!! Love it & congrats mate.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
dopper99
Brigadier General
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,751
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
....Did they put the new 330d engine in the E90 before the other variants then? ....
Sounds like he has a pre-LCI with the old 231bhp engine. But is saying its producing more than it should do. I think this is not uncommon with BMW engines from what I've read. I think there have been a few 335i that have produced far more than 305bhp.

I'd be interested what a 330d LCI is like power wise as the performance figures are so close to the 335d. It surely has to be more than 245bhp.
dopper99 is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #8
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Sounds like he has a pre-LCI with the old 231bhp engine. But is saying its producing more than it should do. I think this is not uncommon with BMW engines from what I've read. I think there have been a few 335i that have produced far more than 305bhp.

I'd be interested what a 330d LCI is like power wise as the performance figures are so close to the 335d. It surely has to be more than 245bhp.
It prob has 250-255, I can't see that nearly two seconds Difference to 100mph is "close" myself?
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
dopper99
Brigadier General
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,751
iTrader: (1)

I see 0-60 of 0.1 sec close enough for me

So you are saying there is virtually 2 secs diff from 60 -100?
dopper99 is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #10
confused.com
Private First Class
 
Drives: 335d
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: oxford

Posts: 114
iTrader: (1)

What's a mapped 330d like to drive Compared to a standard 335d, given single turbo vs twin?
confused.com is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 05:01 AM   #11
jquan1
Private First Class
 
Drives: BMW E92 330D M-Sport
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 102
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Sounds like he has a pre-LCI with the old 231bhp engine. But is saying its producing more than it should do. I think this is not uncommon with BMW engines from what I've read. I think there have been a few 335i that have produced far more than 305bhp.
.
Correct, its a 57 plate, pre-lci. Evolve said it was fairly common to produce more than the quoted 231bhp.
jquan1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #12
NickP
Detailing
 
NickP's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330d
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Essex,UK

Posts: 420
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused.com View Post
What's a mapped 330d like to drive Compared to a standard 335d, given single turbo vs twin?
Comparing mine to a friends standard 335d, mine felt quite a bit quicker, but I think a lot of this is down to the smoothness & progressive power delivery of the 335d, whereas the 330d has more of a single turbo 'wallop' when it comes in....
Mine was 291bhp & 512ft/lb so probably similar bhp but a fair bit more torque.

His has now been Evolved, but I've not had a chance to drive it yet, but he says its very quick
NickP is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #13
dopper99
Brigadier General
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,751
iTrader: (1)

Yes remapped 335d are quick - DXB has mentioned this a couple of times.
dopper99 is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #14
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
I see 0-60 of 0.1 sec close enough for me

So you are saying there is virtually 2 secs diff from 60 -100?
I think it varies mate from 1.5-2 seconds to 100mph.

I can tell you of another example. R34 GT-R and B5 RS4 monster the E46 M3 0-60 by like 0.4 tenths. By 100mph the M3 has passed the Nissan and is = with the RS4, by 130mph the M3 is 5 seconds in front of the Nissan and 1.5 secs ahead of RS4. ( all recorded by EVO mag, May 2001)

0-60 only tells a tiny bit, once upti higher speeds higher power does show it's hand!
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #15
dopper99
Brigadier General
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,751
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
0-60 only tells a tiny bit, once upti higher speeds higher power does show it's hand!
Yes agreed. Shame you cant really use it though legally in this country.


Just come across some more figures for a 330d and 335d.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_..._facelift.html
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_..._facelift.html

These look like actual figures submitted by people rather then a real test, but I guess gives a rough idea.

Again, its showing the diff between 0-60 of 0.1 sec, which agrees with BMW's data.

But the 0-100 is only 1.1 secs diff and the 335d quarter time is 13.8s which is about what you got as standard tune if I remember? So the 335d cant be that far out on its figures.

Anyway don’t matter really, its only pub talk.


Interesting point to note heres the older pre-LCI 330d driven by the same guy as the one above but note the 0-60 is 6.8s. Shows how nippy the LCI 330d is:

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_330d_e92.html
dopper99 is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #16
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
 
dxb335d's Avatar
 
Drives: E46 M3 CS
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ''Fandango Towers''

Posts: 29,262
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopper99 View Post
Yes agreed. Shame you cant really use it though legally in this country.


Just come across some more figures for a 330d and 335d.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_..._facelift.html
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_..._facelift.html

These look like actual figures submitted by people rather then a real test, but I guess gives a rough idea.

Again, its showing the diff between 0-60 of 0.1 sec, which agrees with BMW's data.

But the 0-100 is only 1.1 secs diff and the 335d quarter time is 13.8s which is about what you got as standard tune if I remember? So the 335d cant be that far out on its figures.

Anyway donít matter really, its only pub talk.


Interesting point to note heres the older pre-LCI 330d driven by the same guy as the one above but note the 0-60 is 6.8s. Shows how nippy the LCI 330d is:

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_330d_e92.html
Yeah, not overly sure how accurate those kind of websites are.

But looks about right, so from (0.1)-(1.1) secs pulled from 60-100mph. Just imagne how much the 335d would pull from the 330d over 100mph.


Either way, both epicary (between Epic & Legendary) cars for sure

When you think, a Standard Focus RS does 0-100 in 14 something secs, Focus ST & Astra VXR in the high 15's etc.
__________________
M3 gone .... But I now have a M3 CS
dxb335d is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
willhollin
Major General
 
willhollin's Avatar
 
Drives: VW T5
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Worcestershire

Posts: 9,907
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Evolve mapped 330d = 335d eater (mapped)
__________________
willhollin is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      04-26-2012, 10:20 AM   #18
dopper99
Brigadier General
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,751
iTrader: (1)

Your right about a Focus RS, quarter in 14.2s!! WTF going on there? 300bhp? I thought they were quite quick and lighter than a 3 series?

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/ford..._rs_mk_ii.html

Goes to show what fantastic times the 335i gets with similar bhp. They are getting 13.3 - 13.5.


Also, back in the day the likes of Escort Cosworth were quick cars, but only managed it in 14.9 and as for the Sierra Cossie…………. a leisurely 15.5 . No wonder people tuned these cars, you’d get bored quite quick with these “fast” cars.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/ford..._cosworth.html
http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/ford..._cosworth.html


Was good for the time though I guess…..
dopper99 is online now   England
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST