E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Interchangeability Confirmation between LCI and Pre-LCI for E90



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Duck360198
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 SGM 330i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Posts: 928
iTrader: (6)

Interchangeability Confirmation between LCI and Pre-LCI for E90

I've been searching and searching to determine what is directly interchangeable without modification for exterior parts on the E90 and I think I have it squared away. I just hope someone can confirm for me:

INTERCHANGEABLE:
1. Rear Decklid
2. Outer Tail Lights
3. Rear Bumper
4. Side Skirts
5. Side Mirrors

NOT INTERCHANGEABLE:
1. Hood
2. Front Bumper
3. Kidney Grilles
4. Headlights
5. Decklid Tail Lights

Can someone please confirm my findings?? I apologize if this is a noob question. I really did search first! THANKS!
Duck360198 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
I've been searching and searching to determine what is directly interchangeable without modification for exterior parts on the E90 and I think I have it squared away. I just hope someone can confirm for me:

INTERCHANGEABLE:
1. Rear Decklid
2. Outer Tail Lights
3. Rear Bumper
4. Side Skirts
5. Side Mirrors

NOT INTERCHANGEABLE:
1. Hood
2. Front Bumper
3. Kidney Grilles
4. Headlights
5. Decklid Tail Lights

Can someone please confirm my findings?? I apologize if this is a noob question. I really did search first! THANKS!
The list looks pretty accurate, but the headlights fit on both cars, just may require some coding. Same with the sideskirts, I think they can both fit.

The only things different, as far as I know, is the trunk, bumper, hood, and headlight (which is still the same shape)
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
mike3000fl
Eleven Bravo
 
mike3000fl's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ft bragg

Posts: 2,149
iTrader: (0)

i dont think the decklid is interchangeable. the recesses for the inner taillights may be different?
__________________
2006 330i - Jet Black - 19" E46 M3 wheels - HR Sport - 188,000 Miles...

mike3000fl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 11:00 PM   #4
Duck360198
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 SGM 330i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Posts: 928
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Company View Post
The list looks pretty accurate, but the headlights fit on both cars, just may require some coding. Same with the sideskirts, I think they can both fit.

The only things different, as far as I know, is the trunk, bumper, hood, and headlight (which is still the same shape)
Interesting, I thought there was a slight change in size with the headlights. If that's the case, why wouldn't the bumper fit then? Is it because of a re-worked fender design?? Now I'm getting confused!
Duck360198 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
Duck360198
Captain
 
Drives: 2006 SGM 330i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Posts: 928
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3000fl View Post
i dont think the decklid is interchangeable. the recesses for the inner taillights may be different?
VISUALLY the decklid looks different because of the location of the lights, but I thought the lid itself was interchangeable....you'd just have to get the right lights. That's not the case? I was under the impression that you could have an LCI decklid with LCI decklid lights and still have the Pre-LCI outer tail lights. Not sure why you would want that...but that's a different topic.
Duck360198 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 11:05 PM   #6
E90Company
Major General
 
E90Company's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: FL

Posts: 6,141
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
Interesting, I thought there was a slight change in size with the headlights. If that's the case, why wouldn't the bumper fit then? Is it because of a re-worked fender design?? Now I'm getting confused!
Ok, let's say you want to do an LCI msport conversion. You would only need to change the bumper and the hood, and everything else will fit. Fender is the same, headlight shape is the same. Swapping out the headlight for LCI would complete the conversion.
E90Company is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #7
Cmaddox335
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 07 335I e90
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas

Posts: 220
iTrader: (3)

When doing a front end conversion, you don't have to replace the headlights. The only actual difference that you are required to replace is the front grill. Because of the design of the pre-lci grills, you would want to replace the hood, bumper, and grills together. Also I believe there is a different mounting bracket for LCI than there is for Pre-LCI.
__________________
Cmaddox335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 11:43 PM   #8
mike3000fl
Eleven Bravo
 
mike3000fl's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ft bragg

Posts: 2,149
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
VISUALLY the decklid looks different because of the location of the lights, but I thought the lid itself was interchangeable....you'd just have to get the right lights. That's not the case? I was under the impression that you could have an LCI decklid with LCI decklid lights and still have the Pre-LCI outer tail lights. Not sure why you would want that...but that's a different topic.
no idea. speculating. that why i used a question mark.
__________________
2006 330i - Jet Black - 19" E46 M3 wheels - HR Sport - 188,000 Miles...

mike3000fl is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
 
VTECaddict's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 4,617
iTrader: (4)

Headlights are physically interchangeable. May require coding for full functionality without errors.
__________________
AW/Terra | ZSP | ZPP | ZCW | iDrive | CA
Mods: BC BR | OEM Blacklines | M-tech rear | custom dual exhaust | M3 steering wheel | BMW SSK | ZHP shift knob | BMW Performance rep spoiler
Varrstoen ES1 19x9.5+20 Front, 19x11+25 rear
VTECaddict is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      04-29-2012, 12:08 AM   #10
robbie211
Captain
 
Drives: E90 335i, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: OC

Posts: 811
iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
Headlights are physically interchangeable. May require coding for full functionality without errors.
This is correct. LCI headlights will fit on Pre-LCI E90s.
robbie211 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #11
idungknoe
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tacoma

Posts: 8
iTrader: (0)

So you guys don't think you can change just the hood and grill to make it lci keeping the prelci bumper?
idungknoe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
SpeedBuggy
Comfortably Numb
 
SpeedBuggy's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 e90 330i & 06 e90 325i
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cortland, Ohio

Posts: 405
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck360198 View Post
VISUALLY the decklid looks different because of the location of the lights, but I thought the lid itself was interchangeable....you'd just have to get the right lights. That's not the case? I was under the impression that you could have an LCI decklid with LCI decklid lights and still have the Pre-LCI outer tail lights. Not sure why you would want that...but that's a different topic.
Looks like your enjoying your recently acquired 330i.

I believe the deck lid is interchangeable along with the taillights. Use the LCI Deck Lid with the LCI Deck Lid Lights and change the Pre-LCI Tail Lights to the LCI Tailights. Check with Chewy734 on the Ohio Chat forum in the Great Lakes regional forum, I believe he made this change to his 330i
__________________
06 e90 330i /Alpine White/Terra Dakota Leather/Steptronic/Cold Weather Package/Premium Package/Sport Package/CA/PDC/Xenon/Logic 7/Style 162's

06 e90 325i /Jet Black/Black Leatherette/Steptronic/Cold Weather Package/Style 197's
SpeedBuggy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
interchangeable, lci, pre-lci

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST