E90Post
 


N54Tuning.com
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Accidentally Got Nasal Spray In My Eye...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-29-2012, 04:28 AM   #1
Razzy
Lieutenant
Razzy's Avatar
Canada
96
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Accidentally Got Nasal Spray In My Eye...

It's 4:15 in the morning and I accidentally got nasal spray in my left eye. Rinsed it with water but am concerned as to what could happen and what else I should do.

Specifically it's called Omnaris OMNARIS (ciclesonide) Nasal Spray.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 05:06 AM   #2
E90SoFlo
Banned
84
Rep
2,673
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Naples, FL

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy
It's 4:15 in the morning and I accidentally got nasal spray in my left eye. Rinsed it with water but am concerned as to what could happen and what else I should do.

Specifically it's called Omnaris OMNARIS (ciclesonide) Nasal Spray.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Death maybe the only answer my friend
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 05:33 AM   #3
batchelorc
Captain
batchelorc's Avatar
United_States
25
Rep
601
Posts

Drives: Deez nuts
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kansas City

iTrader: (0)

At least it wasn't semen...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
dtwyim
Captain
dtwyim's Avatar
Canada
20
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: BMW no more
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
It's 4:15 in the morning and I accidentally got nasal spray in my left eye. Rinsed it with water but am concerned as to what could happen and what else I should do.

Specifically it's called Omnaris OMNARIS (ciclesonide) Nasal Spray.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Nothing is going to happen. It is just a cortisteroid used to reduce inflammation. You won't go blind...Unless you have a herpetic infection in that eye right now, then the steroids potentially can help that infection spread....then you might go blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
At least it wasn't semen...

Last edited by dtwyim; 04-29-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
spanner1751
Lieutenant
spanner1751's Avatar
7
Rep
461
Posts

Drives: 2011 328i M sport sedan
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
At least it wasn't semen...
or super glue.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #6
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
DieselDiner's Avatar
36
Rep
1,525
Posts

Drives: 335d
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Home

iTrader: (2)

Canada poison control numbers: http://www.safetyxchange.org/health-...ct-information
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #7
venom3469
First Lieutenant
venom3469's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
331
Posts

Drives: 08 AW/R 6MT 335i, YZF-R6.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florence, Alabama

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy
It's 4:15 in the morning and I accidentally got nasal spray in my left eye. Rinsed it with water but am concerned as to what could happen and what else I should do.

Specifically it's called Omnaris OMNARIS (ciclesonide) Nasal Spray.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Death maybe the only answer my friend
: Might have to loose that eye mane. That's why we have 2 anyway. Haha.
__________________
08 335i Alpine White/Coral Red Interior With A PROcede Tune!! 09 Yamaha R6!!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
Razzy
Lieutenant
Razzy's Avatar
Canada
96
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Lol thanks for the info guys. Theres some slight discomfort and burning still
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #9
sA x sKy
Sameet
sA x sKy's Avatar
Bangladesh
587
Rep
2,542
Posts

Drives: AY/B M4 '15
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, New York

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
I use Omnaris too!

just sayin...
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #10
makoy2
Private
makoy2's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: Acura MDX, 2011 335is Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Colorado then Germany now Washington State

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to makoy2 Send a message via Yahoo to makoy2
Hopefully....... suing the company isn't on your thoughts....LOL.....because it is not labeled "not for your eye" LMAO....just kidding....
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
Razzy
Lieutenant
Razzy's Avatar
Canada
96
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwyim View Post
Nothing is going to happen. It is just a cortisteroid used to reduce inflammation. You won't go blind...Unless you have a herpetic infection in that eye right now, then the steroids potentially can help that infection spread....then you might go blind.

No herpetic infection. There's some burning and a wierd feeling by the mushy part of my eye still. Its been 12 hours since i sprayed myself (lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
I use Omnaris too!

just sayin...
Nice! Does it help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoy2 View Post
Hopefully....... suing the company isn't on your thoughts....LOL.....because it is not labeled "not for your eye" LMAO....just kidding....
Lol im not sue happy like some people now adays. I just want my eye to be back to normal and I'll be more than happy.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 04:38 PM   #12
venom3469
First Lieutenant
venom3469's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
331
Posts

Drives: 08 AW/R 6MT 335i, YZF-R6.
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Florence, Alabama

iTrader: (0)

This may be completely different but may make u feel better. Back in the day (like 13yrs old...maybe, over at a friends and I forgot to bring my contact solution) I used hard contact solution and thought it was the same as soft brand contacts. (his mom had hard contacs)

I more or less forced them in my eye for like 30 min until it was unbearable. I took the contacts out and threw them away. (my scrip is horrible like -7.55 in my left and -8.00 something in my right. So I'm blind a shit without them.)

My eyes where on fire and irritated really bad. In like 30 mins of taking them out both my eyes filled with this nasty film over my eyes. I couldn't see anything at all. I felt like I developed full blown cataract disease in 30min. Haha. Called the doc all I could do was wait the whole day with my contacs out the next morning it had cleared up. Scariest damn thing ever when ur a kid and u think u just went fully blind.
__________________
08 335i Alpine White/Coral Red Interior With A PROcede Tune!! 09 Yamaha R6!!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #13
Razzy
Lieutenant
Razzy's Avatar
Canada
96
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom3469 View Post
This may be completely different but may make u feel better. Back in the day (like 13yrs old...maybe, over at a friends and I forgot to bring my contact solution) I used hard contact solution and thought it was the same as soft brand contacts. (his mom had hard contacs)

I more or less forced them in my eye for like 30 min until it was unbearable. I took the contacts out and threw them away. (my scrip is horrible like -7.55 in my left and -8.00 something in my right. So I'm blind a shit without them.)

My eyes where on fire and irritated really bad. In like 30 mins of taking them out both my eyes filled with this nasty film over my eyes. I couldn't see anything at all. I felt like I developed full blown cataract disease in 30min. Haha. Called the doc all I could do was wait the whole day with my contacs out the next morning it had cleared up. Scariest damn thing ever when ur a kid and u think u just went fully blind.
Fuk thats insane. Im very paranoid when it comes to shit like this. Ive had health problems so i cud do without another. Not to mention I ride so I need my vision to be as best as possible.

I jus rinsed my eye with cold water again. Hope it gets back to normal soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 09:00 AM   #14
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
Templar's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
1,888
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Don't you guys have free healthcare or something? Just go to the doctor if you're that concerned...
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'15 Ford F-250 - Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke Turbo-diesel
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #15
thetedderbear
A weirdo but I'm real though
thetedderbear's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
626
Posts

Drives: 2Fast2Furious
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arr-can-saw

iTrader: (1)

Yeah just call a local eye doctor and see what they say. I wouldn't worry too much though.
__________________
"When the fear of death outweighs the thrill of speed, brake"

Stuff - stuff - bits - things - stuff - stuff - parts - stuff
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Alpine Whiteboy's Avatar
127
Rep
9,258
Posts

Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Queens, N.Y.

iTrader: (1)

Well that's one way of getting rid of eye-snot...
__________________
Boopie*Motorwerks

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
onesuperboi
Major
onesuperboi's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
1,345
Posts

Drives: '08 e92 335i COBB 4.01 Stage 1
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA (Alameda)

iTrader: (6)

Your still reading and typing on this thread. You are fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #18
Razzy
Lieutenant
Razzy's Avatar
Canada
96
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesuperboi View Post
Your still reading and typing on this thread. You are fine.
Yea but its been about 2 days and its not really burning as much but theres some kind of wierd feeling bear the mushy part. Hard to explain. I'll try getting hold of a local eye doc if i can.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
E90Mario
Brigadier General
E90Mario's Avatar
Lebanon
122
Rep
3,466
Posts

Drives: 2008 Montego E90
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Death maybe the only answer my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by batchelorc View Post
At least it wasn't semen...
__________________
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST