E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > in paypal's hands now

Closed Thread

05-03-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
mapleridge
Banned

Drives: E90 N52 AT

in paypal's hands now

In paypal's hands now

Last edited by mapleridge; 05-04-2012 at 03:26 PM.
      05-03-2012, 11:54 PM   #2
skinrock
Agent Smith

Drives: 2013 Fusion AWD

Garage List
2007 335i  [3.45]
Did you take pictures proving they were functional immediately before selling them? That would put a huge dent in his case. Also, a little off topic - but how does this ruin your credit?
      05-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
ChasVS
Colonel

Drives: 2012 MB ML350 Bluetec

Well, one of your is a liar, but your story doesn't prove it's Darkrom...
      05-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Bendercle
Banned

Drives: 2007 335xi 6MT

Send a message via AIM to Bendercle
I have met Darkrom in person (I have coded for him) and I don't think he's the type to try to scam people. Nice guy, loves his car. The dude just really wanted some nice lights and was disappointed that one side didn't work. Now of course it's impossible to tell how that bulb got burnt out, so lesson to all is, take lots of pictures, both as a seller right before shipping, and as the buyer right after receiving.

That much being said, mapleridge, I think it's bad form to make a post like this. If you have a bad experience with another forum member, that's what the iTrader rating is for. Tell your side of the story there and leave it at that. Dragging this out into the public, while at the same time also not providing any proof of what you are claiming despite criticizing Darkrom for the same thing, makes you a hypocrite and doesn't help your cause. In fact it seems like you are actually in the wrong here and are hoping to pull people onto your side to cover your own ass. Not saying that's necessarily the case, but that's what happens when you make a post like this with holes of your own.
Bendercle is offline   United_States
      05-04-2012, 03:11 PM   #5
Iceburg
Captain

Drives: 4 door foreign

Unfortunate events

Hello Everyone,

As for the Xenons, Maple Ridge purchased the units from myself, which I may add were in 100% working condition, this I can vouch for.

There is no gain from me posting on behalf of or vouching for Maple Ridge, just letting it be known that these units were in 100% working condition.

Check my irating.
      05-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #6
BOBKUR
Major

Drives: 2008 E 90

After paying only $800 for the headlights he got a steal. Why bitch over a bad bulb which most likely got bounced around in shipping.
      05-04-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
darkrom
Major

Drives: 135i

Oh one of these threads.

Not that there is a point to this but I think I get the right to clear my own name since he has taken on it to publicly bash me for whatever reason so let me lay out the facts. A bulb was dead. I asked him to replace it. I got the bulb at a heavy discount and told him. He still said no and started acting really rude and out of line. Now I'm defending myself to strangers online because of a deal gone poorly and handled even worse. I bought the bulb and installed it myself. IMO if you sell something as working, and it doesn't work, that isn't right. I gave him a cheap option to make it right and he comes here to make me look bad. Not sure what is wrong in that scenario that I did exactly.

For him to have blamed the wiring would have been an acceptable excuse to try and pull, but then the new bulb went right in and like magic everything is working perfectly. I like the lights. I like the angel eyes (which is why I told the OP to keep the bulbs he was supposed to have included as we agreed on via PM, I figured hell I'll save him the cash these LED ones are fine.

Not that any of this is anyone's business, and I was perfectly content handling this like an adult, but it would be stupid for me to sit back and watch him try to publicly shame me because he is upset over this problem (caused by his bulb). Believe it or not at least I cleared up some of his slander or whatever this is. I never asked for much, just SOME of the things his sale was supposed to include.

PS that $800 "deal" was actually $936 CAD or $940 USD, plus the bulb I was able to get via some dealership good will for less. If I wasn't able to get that it would have been another $191 on top. For me I budget my mods and have to do so carefully. Having a $191 "surprise" isn't something I prefer to deal with.

Anyway I'm done with this now that I've thrown some facts out there to show the real story. I think its honestly very pathetic and tells quite a bit about what is REALLY going on that I even have to waste my time doing this.
darkrom is offline   United_States
      05-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
mapleridge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Oh one of these threads.

Not that there is a point to this but I think I get the right to clear my own name since he has taken on it to publicly bash me for whatever reason so let me lay out the facts. A bulb was dead. I asked him to replace it. I got the bulb at a heavy discount and told him. He still said no and started acting really rude and out of line. Now I'm defending myself to strangers online because of a deal gone poorly and handled even worse. I bought the bulb and installed it myself. IMO if you sell something as working, and it doesn't work, that isn't right. I gave him a cheap option to make it right and he comes here to make me look bad. Not sure what is wrong in that scenario that I did exactly.

For him to have blamed the wiring would have been an acceptable excuse to try and pull, but then the new bulb went right in and like magic everything is working perfectly. I like the lights. I like the angel eyes (which is why I told the OP to keep the bulbs he was supposed to have included as we agreed on via PM, I figured hell I'll save him the cash these LED ones are fine.

Not that any of this is anyone's business, and I was perfectly content handling this like an adult, but it would be stupid for me to sit back and watch him try to publicly shame me because he is upset over this problem (caused by his bulb). Believe it or not at least I cleared up some of his slander or whatever this is. I never asked for much, just SOME of the things his sale was supposed to include.

PS that $800 "deal" was actually $936 CAD or $940 USD, plus the bulb I was able to get via some dealership good will for less. If I wasn't able to get that it would have been another $191 on top. For me I budget my mods and have to do so carefully. Having a $191 "surprise" isn't something I prefer to deal with.

Anyway I'm done with this now that I've thrown some facts out there to show the real story. I think its honestly very pathetic and tells quite a bit about what is REALLY going on that I even have to waste my time doing this.
You asked for $200 for a bulb that I could have replaced for you at no charge. You told me that you saw the bulb was burnt out before you installed it. Yet you sent zero proof of a burnt out bulb to date. You then went on to install it and irreversibly alter the headlights and then choose to whine when I tell you to uninstall them and send them back. When I pressed you for proof that $200 you requested suddenly became $85 that you paid cash to a dealership with no receipt because your friend works there and the tax laws of your state are apparently no longer applicable on account of that. Where is the picture of this burnt out bulb, or you driving home with the burnt out headlight or the receipt of the bmw tech that you stated installed all of this. Did you not think you had to provide something to show for this $200 you were asking for? All of this and you even knew the lights were insured. Instead you tell me via a paypal dispute. I told you before I shipped that I left the angel eye bulbs at my desk at work because my wife was on the brink of having a miscarriage and I had a family to take care of. You said nothing but you bring it up in a petty paypal dispute. On top of that, you had more of your sighs for the ballast screws that weren't included in this deal. Ballast screws make you sigh too? Maybe you felt entitled to me flying down and installing them too. $10 to ship crappy halogen bulbs is no skin off of my back and this was an easy fix. Save your sighs for someone else your sob story of a budget isn't making any men cry here. You are apparently on the brink of doom mentioning the fact that you had to pay for shipping, which drove the price of the headlights up. Do you expect someone to have sympathy for you because you paid shipping? Should that have been included in the deal too? Then you choose to install the lights even after you said you spotted a burnt out bulb and your $200 cost became a $85 no receipt deal that you unnecessarily paid. Should we sigh now? You've been wronged bro. I think you will need counseling after this one. Need to sigh? To date, you still haven't produced a shred of evidence and all of your claims are as solid as water. How come you couldn't just send one pic and as I mentioned to you probably 3 times now, I would send a replacement if you just gave some proof. Too late now.

No problem. You have a chance to take them off and send them back per your paypal dispute or you get zip. Send them on over buddy.

Last edited by mapleridge; 05-04-2012 at 10:18 PM.
      05-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
darkrom
Major

Drives: 135i

I think your angry out of control posts tell quite a bit about you and what its like to deal with you. This isn't something that you needed to post publicly but you can continue to make yourself look bad as much as you'd like. That $85 bulb was a personal favor. I asked for $191 originally which was the cost on tischer. Then I found it cheaper. What an ass I am for telling you I got it for less right? I could have left the claim at $191, but I just wanted the light to work as described, so I still, after all this from you, put it in for $85 because I am being honest and only claiming what I paid to make it work.

Tomorrow I'll be sure to take a picture of the lights. Its pretty damn easy to see which one was an old bulb and which one is new from the obvious color difference, and I'm partially color blind too and I see it...

You are a very angry person. I think what you are doing is childish right now and I'm actually embarrassed for you and embarrassed to be involved in this ordeal you are creating. Feel free to PM me. Just don't try to use my future silence in this thread as some kind of admission of guilt or something. I simply am above doing something like this publicly for NO reason. This whole thread does no good to the rest of the community here, besides maybe to show them your anger problems and inability to be reasonable.

I've spoken my part and I'm not going to sit here and be insulted or get in some online public pissing contest with you.
darkrom is offline   United_States
      05-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
mapleridge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
I think your angry out of control posts tell quite a bit about you and what its like to deal with you. This isn't something that you needed to post publicly but you can continue to make yourself look bad as much as you'd like. That $85 bulb was a personal favor. I asked for $191 originally which was the cost on tischer. Then I found it cheaper. What an ass I am for telling you I got it for less right? I could have left the claim at $191, but I just wanted the light to work as described, so I still, after all this from you, put it in for $85 because I am being honest and only claiming what I paid to make it work.

Tomorrow I'll be sure to take a picture of the lights. Its pretty damn easy to see which one was an old bulb and which one is new from the obvious color difference, and I'm partially color blind too and I see it...

You are a very angry person. I think what you are doing is childish right now and I'm actually embarrassed for you and embarrassed to be involved in this ordeal you are creating. Feel free to PM me. Just don't try to use my future silence in this thread as some kind of admission of guilt or something. I simply am above doing something like this publicly for NO reason. This whole thread does no good to the rest of the community here, besides maybe to show them your anger problems and inability to be reasonable.

I've spoken my part and I'm not going to sit here and be insulted or get in some online public pissing contest with you.
I removed everything from the thread then you posted bro. You wanted a response. So let's see which of these things is a lie:
  1. You sent me a pm about a burnt out bulb and disputed me via paypal simultaneously
  2. You claimed the light was burnt and altered the headlights and installed them anyway
  3. You sent me zero proof of any of this
  4. Your requested the cost of a brand new bulb for the used one you purchased
  5. Your $200 turned to $85 when I asked you for proof of your claims and you didn't send me proof of any purchase
  6. You said a BMW tech installed your lights
  7. You then said the BMW tech was there to assist you install the lights
  8. I told you I left the halogens out by accident before shipping and you said nothing
  9. You rejected my offer to send you a replacement and the halogens after you provide proof
  10. You rejected to send the lights back because you had spent money to install them after you saw a burnt out bulb
  11. I insured the shipment
  12. None of this matters because your dispute says that your only option is to send me the lights back

You went pouting to paypal with these same sob stories before I even had a chance to respond so whats the issue with me telling others?

Are you shrugging your shoulders yet? Your only option if you wish to get anything more from me is to close the dispute and get a replacement bulb only after you give me some proof. Other than that you will have to send the lights back.

Last edited by mapleridge; 05-04-2012 at 10:19 PM.
      05-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
mapleridge
Banned

Here's what its like to deal with me. Full disclosure:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673304

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=630580

One thread shows, I mention damage on parts before I sell them. Second shows that I reimbursed a buyer when he provided "proof" of some type of damage, even though it happened in transit and there was no insurance. No disputes just honesty and facts.

I forgot, the new cost of those lights with all the components are around $3000. I'm going to need you to send me the balance. Bogus claim....gonna send me the money?
Closed Thread